The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:48 pm 

Knowing what Bald Headed John looks like. :-*

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:35 am 

Roy Estrada and the inflatable fuckdoll fer sure! ;D<br><br>Image<br><br>Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:05 am 

Phil Kaufman's trombone sola 8)<br>but honestly my favorite moment right now...<br>FZ: No, no, no, the idea is that they're still, they're still the orchestra. They're orchestra, you know? No, no, you're orchestra. When I cue you to go into some rhythm on it . . . What is that weird sound? No, is that . . . is the last . . . ? Ok. Try again, right from the beginning. Phew-ew. Start with the, start with the xylophone this time, a low cluster on there, like a low . . . D minor 9 . . .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:07 am 

I can never get over when the band is working out Baby Snakes....FZ is giving direction, how he want s the keyboard, and the drums.....and when they hit it, FZ LIGHTS UP!!!! His ideas would come to life!!!!<br>  And he laughs and is smiling, it's so great to see him in this state. I was always amazed how the band did everything in their power to satisfy FZs NEED to hear his compositions.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:17 am 
Banned

[center]Image<br><br>http://www.angelfire.com/musicals/thing-fish/dvd/index.htm<br><br>8)[/center]

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:54 pm 

Angel most definitly - the highlight of the show - who is she and where is she now ?<br><br>mungo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:16 am 

The human trombone solo. Funny as hell. I remember I had to stop the DVD for a minute or so because I couldn't stop laughing.  ;D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:23 am 

[quote author=Jelly link=board=concerts;num=1089267046;start=0#5 date=07/08/04 at 11:35:11]I like the police car. Only Frank could make music out of something like that!<br><br>I also like the hand signals he uses to conduct the band.[/quote]<br>I agree Jelly, thatd be up there....I love the rehearsal footage too...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:18 am 

i love after the concert Frank asks for that rubber baby snake some audience member gave him. could that be the inspiration for bbsnx? or was bbsnx played around this time?<br>

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:46 am 

[quote author=PooT link=board=concerts;num=1089267046;start=0#14 date=07/29/04 at 13:18:47]i love after the concert Frank asks for that rubber baby snake some audience member gave him. could that be the inspiration for bbsnx? or was bbsnx played around this time?<br>[/quote]<br><br>Well, since they were stumbling through BBSNX at the beginning of the movie, we can only guess that it was already an established concept. Even Warren (kinda) knew what it was. (BTW, the version on SY was recorded in England on February 28th, 1978. They never actually played it in a show until the tour went to Europe at the beginning of '78.)<br>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:25 pm 

awesome moments are in the black napkins solo...they're blowing up and terry and patrick are in the zone and terry is doing those crush rolls and standing up for each crash...amazing.  i can barely play sitting down!   8)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:08 am 

I think mine, right now is<br><br>1)Roy Estrada doing "Gas Mask"<br><br>and <br><br>2) Punky's Whips<br><br>but that's just today<br>there's also FZ conducting the band<br>Adrian Belew in Drag (Military Drag at that)<br>the Claymation <br>ect ect ect

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:06 pm 

Right now?<br><br>The Roxy Trailer!<br><br>VCF

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:26 am 

One of my favorite parts is during Muffin Man...<br>There's one part... the close up shot of FZs hands during the solo that shows FZ at his fastest and most amazing. This alone shows that this man was NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH ON THE AXE. Totally fucking sick!!<br><br>And the guy that says this:<br>"He's the best guitarist in the city, the best in the world... NOBODY plays like Zappa, and that's about it."<br>That mother fucker knows what he's talking about!!  ;D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:46 am 

[quote author=jaypfunk link=board=concerts;num=1089267046;start=15#20 date=08/16/04 at 14:26:27]One of my favorite parts is during Muffin Man...<br>There's one part... the close up shot of FZs hands during the solo that shows FZ at his fastest and most amazing. This alone shows that this man was NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH ON THE AXE. Totally fucking sick!!<br><br>And the guy that says this:<br>"He's the best guitarist in the city, the best in the world... NOBODY plays like Zappa, and that's about it."<br>That mother fucker knows what he's talking about!!  ;D[/quote]<br><br>Think about all guitar players in the world! How do you rate Frank? The best, the best in his genre or what. Tell me (you love me)!<br>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:51 am 

[quote author=nightG link=board=concerts;num=1089267046;start=15#21 date=08/17/04 at 09:46:54]<br><br>Think about all guitar players in the world! How do you rate Frank? The best, the best in his genre or what. Tell me (you love me)!<br>[/quote]<br><br>FZ WAS/IS THE BEST!!<br><br>Are you that stupid? (I guess so if you had to ask such  ridiculous questions.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:59 am 

[quote author= beatlecunt link=board=concerts;num=1089267046;start=15#23 date=08/17/04 at 11:53:13]On this rare, instance, i come very close to agreeing with jaypfunk.  However, id say for all the raw power and amazingness of MM, Hendrix on voodoochile (slight return) rips zappa apart.[/quote]<br><br>PLEASE DIE!! NOW!<br>Fuckin' noooooooooobes!!  ::)<br>