Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:37 pm 

Wednesday November 12  <br>Cicero's  <br>6691 Delmar  <br>University City, MO  <br>Venue Phone 314-862-5999  <br>www.ciceros-stl.com  <br>Doors 8pm / Show 9pm  <br>Tix $15  <br> <br>I'll try to meet you there for a beer. :) <br>I've caught 2 or 3 P/O shows at Cicero's. Ike sure is a hell of a nice guy. <br><br>I wish they would play at The Pageant or Blueberry Hill instead (two much nicer places within blocks of Cicero's.) Cicero's is like being in somebody's (totally unventilated, low ceilinged, smokey as fuck) basement bar, but I know Ike has nostalgic feelings for the owners, so what are ya gonna do?  ::) ;)<br><br>Have the band request up front for some big ass industrial fans to get some air moving in that place during the gig!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:15 am 

That would be cool at Cicero's! The air gets stale enough just from people breathing and sweating there. I wonder if the have ANY ventilation in that room AT ALL? Well, see ya there!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:00 am 

Jimmie D, I got a question for you.<br><br>M'names Ryan.  Well, I've been a serious fan of Zappa for about 2 years now, and I've gotten as many of his albums as I could possibly find (approaching 40), even some LPs, and I'm 16 years old.  Here's the problem:  I live in Richmond, Virginia, and the show you guys are playing here is 18+!  I, an almost grown man, cried tears of absolute sadness when I heard this.  Last time you guys came through Virginia I was out of town so I waited for your next tour....and its 18+ at the only venue within 200 miles of my house!  What must be done to allow me to attend?  Can you pull a few strings?  May I write you?  Or anything?  Ah, the awful life of a guy who's being denied of the music he loves.  <br><br>I'll pay double.<br>I'll buy a fake ID (okay maybe not).<br>I'll kill someone.  Anyone.<br><br>I'd kill my own dear parents who born and reared me just for a chance to hear the music and meet Ike Willis/Napoleon Murphy Brock/Don Preston.<br><br>Just tell what I can do, or what you can do.<br>Any help is appreciated.  <br>Thanks in advance,<br>Ryan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:58 am 

R youz gonna play in The Netherlands, in a place called VERA some day.<br>Even Jimmy Carl Black played there on his last tour.<br><br>Looky here:<br>http://www.vera-groningen.nl/<br><br>nice people and friendly beers.<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:44 am 

[quote author=F_schaap link=board=concerts;num=1062180543;start=30#32 date=10/08/03 at 06:58:36]R youz gonna play in The Netherlands, in a place called VERA some day.<br>Even Jimmy Carl Black played there on his last tour.<br><br>Looky here:<br>http://www.vera-groningen.nl/<br><br>nice people and friendly beers.<br><br>[/quote]<br><br>Just how friendly do these beers get ???

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 4:33 am 

anybody going to the p/o show 2nite in providence r.i. @ the met?  i'm going up there, i couldn't make it to the ironhorse last nite.  it would be cool to meet some other forum members in addition to the famous jimmie d.  holler back now.   8)  hey, the pumpkins are back!! bark  :P

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:05 am 

What is the lineup for this tour? You indicate Napoleon M-B is on the fall tour, but he's not listed at the P/O website. No Jordan? I can understand that, what with Don being present for keys. But...no Seahag? Why's that? Ike is a legend, and Andre is obviously a fantastic guitarist as well as a true FZ fanatic...but no Seahag? That dude is phenomenal. I just hope there is no rancor involved.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:23 am 

the lineup is on the p/o homepage:  ike, nappy, don, glenn leonard, andre,' and dave johnson.   8)  i am hoping for an ed mann siting tonite.   ???

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:37 am 

[quote author=jimmie d link=board=concerts;num=1062180543;start=30#44 date=10/15/03 at 09:47:06]<br>Everything is cool with the Hag. He's working with a group called Sound Of Urchin. Laura, his girlfriend, is on tour with us. Seahag will be a special guest of ours in Chicago. Who knows?...maybe he'll pop up somewhere else.[/quote]<br><br>Excellent. We'll see you at the Patio. Good luck keepin' that place smoke-free. It would be interesting to see what the ceiling looks like. <br>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:38 am 

Excellent, We'll see you at the Patio. Good luck keeping that place smoke free. It would be interesting to see what the ceiling looks like in there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:55 am 

Hey, whats going on! Where is all the Project/Object chat? Anybody been hitting up the shows recently? I was at the Iron Horse last week which was awesome as usual....lets get some P/O chat going

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:32 pm 

[quote author=willydepimp link=board=concerts;num=1062180543;start=45#47 date=10/20/03 at 11:55:40]Hey, whats going on! Where is all the Project/Object chat? Anybody been hitting up the shows recently? I was at the Iron Horse last week which was awesome as usual....lets get some P/O chat going[/quote]<br><br>i was supposed to go to ironhorse, that fell thru.  i was supposed to go to met cafe, that fell thru.  >:(  i have to rely other people because i'm vehicleless right now.  >:(  how were the shows, any (partial)setlists?  i'm sure jimmie would post em if he got a second... ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:09 am 

Last night's show at the Patio was great. Erverybody seemed to have an 'on' night. The song selection featured some of the regular workhorses (Andy, San Ber'dino) but there were some new songs to my ear as well (Lonely Little Girl, Can't Afford No Shoes). We were also treated to an impromtu performance of Let's Make The Water Turn Black, as performed by an ... individual ...from the audience. That was lovely. <br><br>And the show was successfully smoke free! That was a nice surprise. <br><br>Don't miss these guys if they make it to a stage near you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next