Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:36 am 

thats good to hear zomby.  i heard the boys had an off nite up in vermont.  the turnout sucked and maybe they were tired from the long drive.  when i was up in vt there was always a good turnout.  shit happens.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 6:18 am 

[quote author=zombywoof link=board=concerts;num=1062180543;start=45#49 date=10/24/03 at 12:09:05]Last night's show at the Patio was great. Erverybody seemed to have an 'on' night. The song selection featured some of the regular workhorses (Andy, San Ber'dino) but there were some new songs to my ear as well (Lonely Little Girl, Can't Afford No Shoes). We were also treated to an impromtu performance of Let's Make The Water Turn Black, as performed by an ... individual ...from the audience. That was lovely. <br><br>And the show was successfully smoke free! That was a nice surprise. <br><br>Don't miss these guys if they make it to a stage near you.[/quote]<br><br><br>Hey I was at this show too and I agree with everything you said.  The band was great--and this got the crowd into it.  The ahh 'individual' as you put it  :P did a nice job on LMTWTB .<br>Ran into Ike in the bathroom waiting in line for the pisser..very cool.<br><br>I also got to meet the forum's own Jimmy D who took time out of his busy night to shoot-the-shit with me and my buddy and after the show he procured the actual set list that the Boys used from off of the stage-- Thanks Jimmy!<br><br><br>

using a chicken to measure it...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:42 am 

well arkay, give jimmie and p/o a big holler from the forum members who couldnt make it.    8)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 6:32 pm 

[quote author=MentalTossFlycoon link=board=concerts;num=1062180543;start=45#54 date=10/25/03 at 13:04:35]....the boys should have a new appreciation for Lewis and Clark. After all, they made the trip without equipment trucks or Mapquest, ...[/quote] or groupies<br>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:00 am 

Thanks for the info people! I cannot wait till they head back east for B.B. King's.  I can't believe some of the driving they have to do as well, Denver to Seattle, hot damn. I wish I could have hit chicago to see the Hag back with them, such a sick guitarist.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:09 pm 

[quote author=Arkay link=board=concerts;num=1062180543;start=60#60 date=10/27/03 at 17:29:08]Awright, I dunno what the hell is going on!  For some fucked up reason, I'm not able to post this just once!  Either 3 times or none!  Ugh. >:([/quote]<br>yea, it happens when you get to the last post on the page, & the next post won't show up on the new page until there are a few more posts (like 3 or 4)....it's happening on the zappa lyrics translationthread, my post, whitey's & someone else's are just waiting for someone to put a few more posts on the thread.....<br><br><br>so now you can delete one of the three without losing all of them.....<br><br><br>[font=arial black]keith...can we get this fixed?[/font]<br><br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:52 pm 

:) Cool Pics<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:57 pm 

Lots of new stuff on the merch table this tour I noticed.  I freekin wish i was in seattle this weekend for Halloween.  Irving Plaza two years ago, what a freekin time!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 2:09 pm 

hey y'all, here are the FULL details for Seattle this<br>weekend! MAN am i looking forward to it! yeah!!!<br>pass this along to all of your friends in the N.W.<br>as a reminder to gitup'n'gitout this weekend!!<br><br>=======<br><br> ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D <br>SEATTLE SHOWS INFO:<br>  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) <br><br>  *** PROJECT/OBJECT ***<br>[http://www.projectobject.com - feat. audio & video!]<br>* Friday October 31 AND Saturday November 1 *<br>~ two completely different shows!!! ~<br>*** at The Rainbow ~ Seattle, WA ***<br>with special guest Bruce Bickford! (of Baby Snakes)<br>Exclusive unreleased Bruce Bickford film on Nov. 1!<br>Venue address: 722 NE 45th St. (@ I-5)<br>Venue phone: (206) 634-1761<br>http://www.therainbowlivemusic.com<br>Doors 9pm / Shows 10pm / 21+ only<br>Cover: $15 advance or day of show<br>or $25 for both nights *advance*<br>Adv. tix @ http://www.ticketweb.com or via<br>The Rainbow (in person or by phone!)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:44 am 

##I wouldve posted this earlier, but the forum wouldnt allow me to stay logged in.  I adjusted my browser security settings and here I am.##<br><br>The Patio  Indianapolis, IN Thursday Oct. 23<br><br>555<br>Carolina<br>Andy<br>Cant Afford no shoes<br>Hot Plate Heaven<br>Uncle Meat>Pound<br>Lonely>Ugliest part<br>Chungas Revenge<br>LMTWTB*<br>Pick me <br>Cosmik Debris<br><br>SetII<br>King Kong<br>Pygmy>Idiot Bastard Son<br>Sofa<br>Keep it Greasy>Outside Now<br>City of Tiny Lites<br>Orange County>Trouble Everyday<br>San Ber'dino<br><br>---------------------------<br>Encore:<br>Village of the sun>Echidna's Arf**<br><br><br><br>*sung by a special guest -- miss kitty?<br><br>**Muffin Man was also listed on the Playlist that Jimmie handed me after the show--but they didnt play it :(  due to time constraints i believe.. :'(<br><br><br><br>***I apologize in advance for any mistakes i've made in the translation of the setlist--but several bargain well drinks were imbibed by the translator during the show so the memory is a little fuzzy  ;)<br>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:29 am 

I know there was a King Kong played somewhere in the second set at the Patio, too. The special guest took to the stage again to provide the pig-snort sounds heard on the Uncle Meat album version. If I remember correctlyl, the special guest was introduced as Tracy Lynn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:54 pm 

[quote author=zombywoof link=board=concerts;num=1062180543;start=60#72 date=10/30/03 at 12:29:43]I know there was a King Kong played somewhere in the second set at the Patio, too. The special guest took to the stage again to provide the pig-snort sounds heard on the Uncle Meat album version. If I remember correctlyl, the special guest was introduced as Tracy Lynn. [/quote]<br><br>You're right--sorry--King Kong was added--I dont know how i missed it  ???<br><br>Tracy Lynn also handed Nappy a 'rumpled paper sack" with a pair of '14 DDD's during "Carolina...".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next