Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:31 am 

The wonders of the internet: How do we know that Flo is Flo? HOW?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:28 pm 
Banned

jaypfunk wrote:
Fucking Lennon was a fucking idiot!!

I'm sure that everybody agrees with you, jayp. :roll:

No, he wasn't.

jaypfunk wrote:

I think that people would rather not see you in blackface with your pants off... :wink:

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:30 pm 

shit! the zappas were on bbc breakfast tv this morning and i missed it  :(

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:48 pm 

I saw it Scrutz, luckly my mate phoned me and woke me up to tell me about it. Pretty cool to see Gail and the boys on national breakfast TV. They didn't have much of a slot, they basically just told the dipshit hosts what they had planned. They wouldn't give any information as to which musicians would be playing with them. But they did say that Zappa fans would be really happy with the line-up's. I'm going to the Glasgow gig, anyone else going to this one?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:30 pm 

[quote author=Sgt_Hamliver_II link=board=concerts;num=1115732614;start=195#206 date=06/03/05 at 01:48:13]I saw it Scrutz, luckly my mate phoned me and woke me up to tell me about it. Pretty cool to see Gail and the boys on national breakfast TV. They didn't have much of a slot, they basically just told the dipshit hosts what they had planned. They wouldn't give any information as to which musicians would be playing with them. But they did say that Zappa fans would be really happy with the line-up's. I'm going to the Glasgow gig, anyone else going to this one? [/quote]<br>yes i'm going to the gig in glesweedgieland, pm me closer to the time and we can meet up for the show and discuss make up and the likes  ;D

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:05 am 

[quote author=TheCentralScrutinizer link=board=concerts;num=1115732614;start=195#207 date=06/03/05 at 02:30:08]<br>yes i'm going to the gig in glesweedgieland, pm me closer to the time and we can meet up for the show and discuss make up and the likes  ;D[/quote]<br><br>Cool! Will do ;D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:45 am 

Got my tickets for the London show today, second row! its gonna rock....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:04 am 

Check this out - http://tickets.royalalberthall.com/seas ... ar=11-2005<br><br>It seems Volman and Kaylan are confirmed for the London show at least?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:18 am 

My big question about this tour is......<br><br>Will the ZFT allow the shows on this your to be<br>"taper friendly"?<br><br>(unfortunatly I am doubting it)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:29 am 

[quote author=Isaac link=board=concerts;num=1115732614;start=195#203 date=06/02/05 at 20:28:34]<br><br>I'm sure that everybody agrees with you, jayp. ::)<br><br>No, he wasn't.<br><br><br>I think that people would rather not see you in blackface with your pants off... :-/ ;)[/quote]<br><br>LMAO - man, that is funny Isaac!  <br><br>Anyhow, while there are many things that I don't like about Lennon, there are certainly many things I love/admire too - c'mon....  calling the man a "fucking idiot" is obviously a blinded comment.  Would you say his "pre-Yoko" days exhibited the behavior of a "fucking idiot"?   ???<br>

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:18 pm 

[quote author=thecentralscrutinizer link=board=concerts;num=1115732614;start=195#205 date=06/03/05 at 01:30:21]shit! the zappas were on bbc breakfast tv this morning and i missed it  :([/quote]<br><br>zappa plays zappa tour on the bbc [sub]Image[/sub]<br><br>you snooze, you loose

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:51 pm 

[quote author=slime.oofytv.set link=board=concerts;num=1115732614;start=210#217 date=06/03/05 at 22:18:47]<br><br>zappa plays zappa tour on the bbc [sub]Image[/sub]<br><br>you snooze, you loose[/quote]<br><br>thanks slime much appreciated, so ahmet likes to torture us eh  ;D <br>

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:35 pm 

Well, shit. >:( I don't have the latest Imac , so I can't d/l. oh well, maybe someone could transcipe the interview?<br>poop.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:31 pm 

[quote author=dove_grey link=board=concerts;num=1115732614;start=210#219 date=06/04/05 at 00:35:25]...maybe someone could transcipe the interview? poop.[/quote]<br>sure...it's a miserable friday night & nobody will give me ride to the dead concert <br><br><br>bbc pommy: ...blah blah blah but first let's remind ourselves of why zappa is considered a music legend [cut to clip of yawyi video with president from hell]<br><br>bbc bird: ahmet, is it a tribute to your father is that the thinking ¿<br>az: well we don't like to consider it a tribute, it's more of a celebration of his music and he was a very important man to all of us; he was my father... when your father passes away & he's a musician, you grow up with his music & you're very close to it so it's been an amazing thing to be able to focus & put all our energy into doing a concert; it's an amazing experience...so many people have amazing stories and it's like i get to spend time with my father...it's remarkable<br><br>bbc pom: such a huge repetoire, how do you decide what goes in the concert on a particular time ¿<br>dz: ahmet & i like a lot of the same music from frank's catalog, yer talking about over 70 records that he made in a 30 year period so we're gonna focus on the things we like the most from apostrophe, o/s, roxy sorta like from '74 to about  '80 but he has so many records & so many fans we wanna be able to play stuff from very early in his career all the way up to yellow shark which was a classical record; so really we're playing everything<br><br>bbc bird: gail what's it like for you watching them & undertaking this; do you think frank would be pleased to see it happen ¿<br>gz: yea, i do; i think he enjoyed seeing them when they played in z when they had their own band when ahmet was a mere teenager, so this is very special to me & i'm sure frank would be very happy to know...<br><br>bbc bird:...and you encourage them <br>gz: yea, i think the music has to be out there live so it's open to all the fans again & closer to the way that frank intended...this is...the gene pool has to perform it eventually so this is it<br><br>az: frank had a certain style in which he performed the music & it's a sense of humor...it's something that dweezil & i both have, we will perform the music in the same spirit which is really important to his music<br><br>bbc pom: dweezil uhhhm ... dweezil  ¿ [sub]Image[/sub]<br>dz: that's right....<br>bbc pom/bird: heh heh heh<br>dz: well your parents didn't think of it first so...<br>bbc pom/bird: heh heh heh you've used that answer before haven't you ...<br><br>bbc pommy: and you've got some guests who played with your father...can you give us names ¿<br>dz: we actually can't because we're still scheduling them but they will be fan favs as well as our favs<br>az: it's almost like we're torturing zappa fans because it's the people that they want but we're just not gonna say because we, ya know,  just like to torture them a bit they'll have to come to more shows because ther'll be more of the special guests....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:09 am 

[quote author=jaypfunk link=board=concerts;num=1115732614;start=210#214 date=06/03/05 at 11:18:52]My big question about this tour is......<br><br>Will the ZFT allow the shows on this your to be<br>"taper friendly"?<br><br>(unfortunatly I am doubting it)[/quote]<br>I see mp3 recorders now in Walmart the size of bic lighters. <br>I don't know how good they sound, but they're certainly stealthy. <br>Possibly the new best friend for the obsessive/compulsive archivist recording freak on your Christmas list? 8) ;D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:14 am 

Quote:
http://tickets.royalalberthall.com/season/production.aspx?id=5273&src=t&monthyear=11-2005
<br><br>"Presented By:<br>Clear Channel Entertainment"<br> <br>How ironic is THAT?!<br>

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:09 am 

Thanks for typing up the article!!!! It kicked!   <br>I hope they let people tape.   If it really is a top of the line Zappa band, letting fans tape and trade these shows will ensure the legions of skeptical American fans will wind up at shows.<br><br><br>About the mini taping unit, I have taping friends who have these hats they bought with recording gear and mic's built into the hats!   Sort of like that Simpsons episode, except actually it is real stealthy.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:43 pm 

Thanks, Slime! I really appreciate you typing it up...very informattive ;D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next