Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:24 am 

[quote author=slime.oofytv.set link=board=concerts;num=1115732614;start=210#217 date=06/03/05 at 22:18:47]<br><br>zappa plays zappa tour on the bbc [sub]Image[/sub]<br><br>you snooze, you loose[/quote]<br><br>Thanks you Thanks you!!!  ;D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:28 am 

on the site http://www.freeandvirgin.com/act_cd.php?id=172 the anounce "flo and eddie" as special guest.<br>the hole show is quite expenssive, but i will be there on 8.11.2005 at konkresshaus zürich, switzerland

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:48 am 

So will Flo and Eddie be the only special guests?<br><br>I hav e tickets for the Albert Hall and it says they are the special guests there too.<br><br>Also will be ordering tickets for Glasgow soon.<br><br>What about the likes of Vai, Ike Willis, Nappy, Bobby Martin?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:18 am 

According to Mark they aren't confirmed yet, and are a little peeved that they are being promoted as part of the tour already.     Dweez was asked if Vai was  going to be a guest, his response was, "you have some imagination."   So we shall see whether that is a definite no, or a mislead.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:12 pm 

[quote author=TomThumb link=board=concerts;num=1115732614;start=225#231 date=06/07/05 at 17:07:01]This is terrible, an awful way to whore Franks music. There are not musicians who played Franks music on this tour.  Go see any of the band that include an original Mother and save your money on this.[/quote]<br>Drink My Sphincter Nectar.<br>This will be the best Zappa show since 1988.<br>You have no clue to what these shows will be.<br>you would think you'd at least see a show and judge for yerself. You are one poor zappa fan.<br>Go download a crapy bootleg and smoke it.<br>

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:36 pm 

[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=concerts;num=1115732614;start=120#123 date=05/28/05 at 03:59:58]Speaking of school I happened to Graduate College with a 3.75 GPA.  And it's not that I find any value in that. [/quote]<br><br>[quote author=Trendmonger link=board=concerts;num=1115732614;start=225#232 date=06/07/05 at 17:12:41]<br>Drink My Sphincter Nectar.<br>This will be the best Zappa show since 1988.<br>You have no clue to what these shows will be.<br>you would think you'd at least see a show and judge for yerself. You are one poor zappa fan.<br>Go download a crapy bootleg and smoke it.<br>[/quote]<br><br>I don't have to say anything.  ;D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:39 pm 

Now now, stop picking on Trendmonger. A diploma from the DeVry Institute is nothing to scoff at.<br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:41 pm 

Well, picking on him would look much different. I'm letting him pick on himself. It's more fun!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:47 pm 

Quote:
One that I frequently do time and time again is spellig THE incorrectly. I guees it's a form of dislexia.  
<br><br>DeVry should've done a better job.<br><br>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:47 am 

Does anyone know more about when the tickets go on sale here in .nl? I've emailed both ticketbastard and Heineken Music Hall, but since both of these are mean and profit driven they don't give a shit about what I want to know. I am, of course, very eager to get hold of a ticket, especially now after seeing so many of you guys getting settled for the other shows around Europe.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:04 am 

so just got my tix for the show in switzerland.4 row, the first 3 were already sold out<br>AND: on the tix stand: support: FLO & EDDIE<br>so i wonder if the play with the Z or play e support show.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:48 am 

[quote author=TomThumb link=board=concerts;num=1115732614;start=240#240 date=06/08/05 at 11:26:08]C'mon Dweezil is going to music schools to find musicians and says he is going to make the compostions more rockn'. Frank is rolling over in his unmarked grave.[/quote]<br>You know you can't do any better so why don't you stop putting Dweezil down for trying to please Frank fans.  I would LOVE to see him do his own music personally but the Frank fans want more Frank music so he is trying to do what he thinks Frank would enjoy.  Besides I think Dweezil would know what Frank would like more than any of us would.  Give him a break and go see the show before you put it down. Besides Joe is an amazing drummer and he is from a music school, so it Bryan so are a lot of really talented musicians.  We are all really jealous in the States since we aren't getting a tour right now so just go see it and tell us poor souls about it.  And anyway ANYONE would be entertained by Ahmet's antics on stage, I know Frank was.  <br>Peace out people and have a great day.....

Have a great day...Tricia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:48 am 

I'm pretty sure Frank would have loved his family making money off his music.  Maybe you missed the fact that he loved his family, or that he gave Dweezil the ok to play his three signature guitar songs when he asked noone else perform them.   Maybe you forgot that Frank found a whole new group of kids every year fresh out of music schools to give his music a new edge.   Well now you know!   Welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:12 am 

hahaha ;D<br>nice propaganda jimmie, i'll accept substitutes ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10