Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: What happened here?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:24 pm 

[quote author=dkaplowitz link=board=concerts;num=1126219101;start=45#49 date=09/16/05 at 21:05:29]<br>if you suck at providing quality info or a quality forum, why wouldn't people go to someone else who's better at it? Is choice bad?<br><br>"Music is the Best!" ...so long as you have permission to listen to it from the composer of said music's heirs. But you'll never have permission to play it, or to talk about it outside the permitted boundaries. <br><br>[center]<br>Image<br>[/center][/quote]<br><br>Amen!!!<br><br>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:02 am 

[quote author=dkaplowitz link=board=concerts;num=1126219101;start=45#49 date=09/16/05 at 21:05:29]<br>If they want help from fans, why not ask? Why do I get the impression many fans have asked to help but have been summarily dismissed? <br><br>And do you need permission to create a fan site/forum for FZ? I honestly don't know. My guess is the answer is "no, unless you're sharing copyrighted work without permission."<br><br>Also, if you suck at providing quality info or a quality forum, why wouldn't people go to someone else who's better at it? Is choice bad?<br><br>"Music is the Best!" ...so long as you have permission to listen to it from the composer of said music's heirs. But you'll never have permission to play it, or to talk about it outside the permitted boundaries. [/quote]<br><br>[center]Hear! Hear![/center]

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:49 pm 

"Permission?!"  Hah!  This woman is a riot!  She really wants to own every image, every reference, every note sung, every memory held, of Frank Zappa.  Man, he must be rolling like crazy.  She's a groupie who married a Catholic man, put up with his polygamy and everything else, and in the end was rewarded:  she now controls (or thinks she does) post-mortem what she never could control in life.<br><br>Oh, I'm certain that the system crashed. I'm also certain that the parts that are no longer available after the crash are the parts that clearly illustrated the way that not only the fans, but the participating artists, were inconvenienced for the Z family's convenience.  They tried to toss together a tour without paying the performers or booking their time properly (at least that's what it looked like to me...if you remember those threads where Flo and Eddie were participating in the conversation, it was obvious they were not signed contractually, even when I was buying my tickets due to advertising that specifically mentioned their names).  Until those guys confirm that they are actually signed on, or other alumni confirm that THEY are signed on, I won't believe this tour is anything special.  They tried the bait-and-switch tactic....advertise something, provide something else, and the best way to do that is to get rid of the chronicles that showed how they lied to the press, the fans, and the artists and 2) give it some time to encourage people to forget what they did.  Yep, it'll work.  <br><br>I don't think Gail Zappa is brilliantly evil or anything.  I don't even think she's very bright. I think she's just insanely jealous of anyone who has any surviving 'piece' of her late husband, and she's very very greedy.  If the woman wanted to get behind a truly classic tour honoring Frank, she'd get people involved who knew him as an artist, not just as a dad and husband.  Thus the 'sternly accomplished' guests.  Only, after this screw-job, are any of those guests still involved?  Flo was the first one to even bother to tell us ticket-holders that he THOUGHT the concerts had been postponed, and even HE wasn't treated well, because he confirmed that they were not contracted for the tour.<br><br>This whole thing sucks.  You have to wonder if they did the same thing to Vai and other admired alumni who were supposed to be onboard.  <br><br>Anyway, NOW, if someone is trying to find out information about the tour, some record will remain, even if it's just this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:03 pm 

[quote author=CasuallyYours link=board=concerts;num=1126219101;start=45#52 date=09/20/05 at 17:49:51]"Permission?!"  Hah!  This woman is a riot!  She really wants to own every image, every reference, every note sung, every memory held, of Frank Zappa.  Man, he must be rolling like crazy.  She's a groupie who married a Catholic man, put up with his polygamy and everything else, and in the end was rewarded:  she now controls (or thinks she does) post-mortem what she never could control in life.<br><br>Oh, I'm certain that the system crashed. I'm also certain that the parts that are no longer available after the crash are the parts that clearly illustrated the way that not only the fans, but the participating artists, were inconvenienced for the Z family's convenience.  They tried to toss together a tour without paying the performers or booking their time properly (at least that's what it looked like to me...if you remember those threads where Flo and Eddie were participating in the conversation, it was obvious they were not signed contractually, even when I was buying my tickets due to advertising that specifically mentioned their names).  Until those guys confirm that they are actually signed on, or other alumni confirm that THEY are signed on, I won't believe this tour is anything special.  They tried the bait-and-switch tactic....advertise something, provide something else, and the best way to do that is to get rid of the chronicles that showed how they lied to the press, the fans, and the artists and 2) give it some time to encourage people to forget what they did.  Yep, it'll work.  <br><br>I don't think Gail Zappa is brilliantly evil or anything.  I don't even think she's very bright. I think she's just insanely jealous of anyone who has any surviving 'piece' of her late husband, and she's very very greedy.  If the woman wanted to get behind a truly classic tour honoring Frank, she'd get people involved who knew him as an artist, not just as a dad and husband.  Thus the 'sternly accomplished' guests.  Only, after this screw-job, are any of those guests still involved?  Flo was the first one to even bother to tell us ticket-holders that he THOUGHT the concerts had been postponed, and even HE wasn't treated well, because he confirmed that they were not contracted for the tour.<br><br>This whole thing sucks.  You have to wonder if they did the same thing to Vai and other admired alumni who were supposed to be onboard.  <br><br>Anyway, NOW, if someone is trying to find out information about the tour, some record will remain, even if it's just this thread.[/quote]<br><br>while i respect your freedom of speach, you went totally nuts

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:28 pm 

Wow.  I don't think I ever did any name-calling.  I postulated a theory as to why this gang is so nazi-like in their desire to have only 'approved' music played.  I never, ever used an obscenity regarding Mrs. Z.  I think she is driven, wholly unscrupulous and completely motived by her desire to own everything that remains of a musical genius. To the point that she forgets that, to do business in the industry - no, you don't have to feed at the corporate member in order to gain success, but you do have to learn how to demand and PROVIDE fairness - you need to respect the talent and time of all participants in any given project.  Simply:  to do business, be business-like.  Don't advertise what isn't available.  No, I do not expect Mrs Z to inform this website of ZPZ tour plans, even cancellations, but I DO expect her to inform the promoters who are selling tickets.  I DO expect her to tell them who the tour participants will be, so we'll know what we're buying.  <br><br>My point with this whole thread was to simply keep information alive for future ticket-buyers who might come to this site to find out who's onboard for the 'tour.'  And who is NOT.  And why they should be careful about pre-planning  time off to see this nebulous show.  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:09 am 

[quote author=Ronnys Noomies link=board=concerts;num=1126219101;start=60#60 date=09/23/05 at 17:01:42]Anyway, I just got a reply from GZ to my plea to fix the forum:<br><br>........ we have been working on getting the Dub Room Special out (Halloween) and 2 other cds before Christmas..... gz<br>[/quote]<br>That's all very well but unless they're going to be available in the shops how are we going to get them?  Barfko-Swill (presently closed but presumably to re-open) is not trustworthy.  How can we get these releases without risking our hard-earned dosh?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:43 am 

[quote author=floss link=board=concerts;num=1126219101;start=60#61 date=09/24/05 at 04:09:01]<br>That's all very well but unless they're going to be available in the shops how are we going to get them?  Barfko-Swill (presently closed but presumably to re-open) is not trustworthy.  How can we get these releases without risking our hard-earned dosh?[/quote]<br><br>Well Gail did say this in an e-mail to one of the forumers...<br><br>
Quote:
...And after the first of the year we will absolutely CRUSH all Boxes! Barfko should be up before then.
<br><br>So here's hopin that if it does re-open, it is a reliable service rather than the one we had previously. Problem will be, tryin to convince people that it is reliable and getting them to part with their hard earned cash.  8)<br>

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:43 pm 

Note that (I haven't read the whole thread), now the menu bar at the bottom is appearing in a new more "slim" style. Also, the "WM" buttom has a "?" added.<br><br>What it's worth, I don't know...  :o <br><br>(PS: Maybe it is just MS XP who has changed my monitor apperance)

Post subject: re: what happened here?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:24 pm 

hj wrote:
...now the menu bar at the bottom is appearing in a new more "slim" style. Also, the "WM" buttom has a "?" added...

also: new message if you clik Image

Quote:
...we regret that the store is
closed but it will reopen before
the frost is on the pumpkin...

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Thu May 04, 2006 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:10 am 

[quote author=xyqa link=board=concerts;num=1126219101;start=60#66 date=10/10/05 at 14:48:59]i just wish my photo with the coolest roy estrada was still posted and my license plate and seat cover, maybe i stepped into unauthorized territory ::)<br>how do i gain permission to be a legal FZ fan???<br>i'll fill out the paperwork, i play good, i'll practice, i have my shit together 8)[/quote]<br><br>ask and you shall receive...<br>see show and tell my good friend!<br> :-*<br>daisy<br>