Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:51 am 

1) 1973 Passaic (Mothers Day?) - Eat That Question (rare tune and greatest version ever played..gem of gems)<br>2) 11/23/74 East Lansing - Chungas Revenge (greatest chunga's ever..jazzy, psychedelic long rip session)<br>3) 1977 brussels Black Napkins w/ eddie jobson<br>4) 5/8/74 Edinborough - Duprees Paradise (greatest Duprees guitar ever)<br>5) 78 Poughkeepsie Yo mama (rejoiceful, tearful) & Black Napkins<br>6) Petite Wazoo - FARRTHER oblovion, Blues in A, imaginery diseases, little dots (all guitar shreds)<br>7) 1973 (July 8) Zomby Woof & Road Ladies<br>8) 1974 Halloween (Pojama people!) 1st time played with tear jerking long guitar solo. Only played a couple times and ultimate version. Makes me Cry!<br>9) 1972 WAKA JAWAKA with long guitar solo. Only played once except for the 88 really short versions with no guitar.<br>10) 10/26/73 Austin - Big Swifty<br>11) 1975 Apostrophe opener (Frank, Terry, tom fowler getting down) (el paso...)<br>12) 88 America the beautiful (timely)<br>13) 12/11/81 #2 Sexual Harassment in the Workplace (not the one from Guitar). This is the version but worship the Guitar version. This one is razor rippin and is the opener. Think he only played it a couple times.<br>14) 1980 Munich, Germany - City of Tiny Lights - Have you heard this one? Holy shit! Dats one for the Dweez..<br><br><br><br>

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:29 pm 

74 Waterbury - Orange Country Lumber Truck/Oh No -<br><br> Lyrics turned into Nixon era/phobitos "Oh no I don't believe about your leg"...wish this was bootlegged<br><br> 72 - Waterbury - Tee Shirt rap and Montana - world premere<br><br> 73 Waterbury - Planet X

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:53 am 

[quote author=Sebastiaan link=board=concerts;num=1047394308;start=0#2 date=03/11/03 at 15:41:49]<br>Crazy, I've listened to a lot of boots but still not one of them with Yo Mama. The only version I know is on Shake Yer Booty. Damn. [/quote]<br><br>then go get the 10/27/1978 LATE show!!!<br>there is the best Yo Mama ever played on there, that's the same show where you get the Improvisations in Q unique performance...<br>when you listen to those things you understand what a compilation from the '78 halloween run could have been. I really don't understand what lies behind the approach that Dweezil followed for the halloween release ??? ??? ???

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:03 pm 

[quote author=Sebastiaan link=board=concerts;num=1047394308;start=0#2 date=03/11/03 at 15:41:49]Stockholm '73 - incredible<br>Sydney '73<br>El Paso '75 with Captain Beefheart<br><br>Crazy, I've listened to a lot of boots but still not one of them with Yo Mama. The only version I know is on Shake Yer Booty. Damn. [/quote]<br><br>Sebastiaan,<br><br>Yeah Stockholm rocks out and the video of it is great too. I love that Montana and Frank really tears it up. SYdney had a couple shows. July 8, 1973 had a rippin Zomby Woof and barry leaf joined the band to sing a great road ladies. 6/24 & 25/ 73 in Sydney too were mint shows and think one of them was supposed to be released as an album but jean luc pont chump demanded royalties! So Frank dumped the project. sucks! Anyway, I love Yo mama too. That's the thing about the albums. People only have one version but in the vault is many live versions. 78 Poughkeepsie is  a famous Zappa bootleg and has shredding live Yo Mama on it that is really high energy and will make you cry. There are other Yo Mama's too and the Halloween one recommended by the gentleman is great too. <br>

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:28 pm 

I'll add one concert to your lists:<br>Orange, France, 1979 (open-air)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:06 pm 

[quote author=CheepnisAroma link=board=concerts;num=1047394308;start=0#5 date=08/26/03 at 19:28:48]I'll add one concert to your lists:[/quote]<br>palais des sports, st. etienne, france, may 28, 1982...if the rest of the show was as good as st. ettienne
  • Drowning Witch*
  • Outside Now
  • Dead Girls Of London
  • Shall We Take Ourselves Seriously
  • Moggio
  • Pound For A Brown
  • Joe's Garage
  • Why Does It Hurt When I Pee
  • Envelopes
  • City Of Tiny Lights
  • Let's Move To Cleveland
  • Approximate