Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 501 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: ZPZ downloads update.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:58 pm 

Dweezil,

It has been almost a month since the last blog update. I know you've been on tour (I hope it went great!), but we could use another update for our downloads. Yes, thank you for the freebie (Sorry Chicago show #1 fans, I agree you should be allowed another download too!). We want our shows as well. What is the status of getting them to us?

Thank you,

Zootallurs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:17 am 

Yeah, what he said!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:23 pm 

Harumph.... :P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:32 pm 

hay i havn't even got my free chicago 1 yet wots goin on how do i get it??????????

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:30 pm 

If you had a code from one of the YCFOSA shows and signed up with livedownloads frum nugsnet , they would have sent you an email with the code. If you didn't get a code, then you can't get a free download.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:40 pm 

I guess since there was no updates since my intial response, my 'Harumph' went unnoticed by the ZFT.

Therefore, I shall Harumph again...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:47 pm 

I will join you,

Harumph!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:16 am 
Banned

WAKE UP WAKE UP WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!! COME ON DZ FORGET THE WIFE AND KIDS AND GET ON THE MOVE!!! I WAS AT THE LAST FOUR CAL SHOWS AND LOVED THEM ALL......... GET BUSY PLEASE!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:52 pm 

Clears throat...."Harumph"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:20 am 

I don't think that the last 4 cal. shows are on the list of shows that he is releasing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:20 pm 
Banned

bob r wrote:
I don't think that the last 4 cal. shows are on the list of shows that he is releasing.

I know that. I was at one of the Roxy shows and Portland that is part of the downloads. I just wanted you all to know that I was at the last 4 cal shows!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:54 pm 

ZFT,

Please give us an update on the blog, even if it is to tell us you are hard at work getting them ready. I am happy with my free download but I want the one I was a part of since it was included in the price of the ticket. You dig?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:05 pm 

boy, I bet he really regrets committing to these releases, just didn't have a clue as to how much time and effort is involved. Hope he responds to your post.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:47 pm 

hay i havn't got my free chicago download wots goin on!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:19 am 

I haven't recieved my free download either. I redeemed my code over two weeks ago and have sent Nuggs 3 emails and have not had an answer to any of them. Is anyone else having a problem? If they won't even reply to a friendly email I 'm not sure what to do.

Can anyone help?

thanks
q

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:17 pm 

I just got my bonus code sent to me again so it seems that they are trying to make sure no one misses out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:42 am 

Californias got the most of them

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:53 am 

oh and thx for the 10-17 and 10-18 downloads DZ. They are appreciated greatly DZ and TJ. Thx for taking the time to insure that they are as good as they sound. well worth the wait indeed.
sure wish I could get a copy of all the downloadable shows. I'd buy them GZ
The quality is freak out amazing

Going to miss Aaron and Ray.

Fuck all the nay sayers
take a squat on the cosmik utensil
Dont be a gov't whore
i will be more specific so y'all might understand

kiss my ass its so grand
just stay away

however I digress
music is the best
arf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:01 am 

The Roxy DVD sounds great but I still want my free download from last Halloween!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:31 pm 

i know this is apples and oranges, and more than a few old farts are going to flame me just for bringing up the band, but after each of the three phish shows this spring, soundboard downloads were available by 2-3am THAT NIGHT. Now, dweezils sound is FAR SUPERIOR... so its apples and oranges really, but about now, i'm betting dweezil is wishing he had committed to shows of about that quality, because this really is taking forever. He's committing hours and hours and hours of work because he sold us $115 dollar tickets on the assumption of a private show and a download taboot. Now he has to give us all awesome downloads, or the people from the later releases will feel ripped off. I cannot stress how much I personally appreciate the awesome quality of the 17th and 18th. They are stellar... totally quiet and ... totally different from the show I heard. I couldnt understand any of the vocals because the vocal speaks were up high and we were up front. I love that i can listen to billy the mountain and actually understand it... but at the same time, I almost get wierd disorienting feeling listening to the 18th.. its too clear.. I cant believe I said that. I'm an older deadhead and have been listening to aud recordings for years... its funny, but I prefer the audience recording from this springs phish shows to the soundboards. They seem to be... well .. mixed better. I sound crazy, dont I. I'm going to break out the magnapans tomorrow and give this whole thing a better listen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:22 am 

listen again cause I am sure you will find that the soundboard recording is better.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:52 am 

mudbuddy11 wrote:
i know this is apples and oranges, and more than a few old farts are going to flame me just for bringing up the band, but after each of the three phish shows this spring, soundboard downloads were available by 2-3am THAT NIGHT. Now, dweezils sound is FAR SUPERIOR... so its apples and oranges really, but about now,

Now if DZ wanted to could he give everybody FOH soundboards for their show until the finalized versions
are completed. Yes BUT Dweezil has always been a perfectionist so don't expect Dweezil to act like anyone else.

Dweezil gave everybody waiting a Full Show with amazing fidelity.
For his standards that seems extremely generous while at the same time he maintain his set of standards.

Giving everyone a Full Show FOH MIX just seems outside of what Dweezil accepts
when it comes to artistic integrity. For anyone that has been watching how Frank or Dweezil has
operated throughout their careers this should seem quite obvious.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:27 pm 

After getting the Chicago show I realize that it's worth the wait for the quality involved. In mp3 format it is superior to what other folks release in wav. (or flac). As a taper I understand what you mean,soundboard vs.Aud., getting some shows off the grateful dead channel that I have recorded gives me an audio perspective, some audience tapes sound better on some level than boards, but a well mixed board is hard to beat. I have said it before on this site, I'm sure Dweezil regrets committing himself to this project but I for one am glad he did it even if we have to wait.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:36 pm 

I also have asked for the free download code, and still haven't received it. And am at 2 emails to nugs so far. Will keep ya posted. And also appreciate those who post tips and such for making this happen.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:24 am 

zpzgeek wrote:
I also have asked for the free download code, and still haven't received it. And am at 2 emails to nugs so far. Will keep ya posted. And also appreciate those who post tips and such for making this happen.

I fucking gave up! I sent nugs 5 super friendly emails over 4 or 5 weeks, and did not get one reply. Each time I sent an email I got a form reply saying they would be getting back to me very soon, which never happened. They were however nice enough to send several emails advertising the latest downloads available for purchase. Why the fuck would I give them my money if they can't even send me an email with my bonus code, or at least let me know why I haven't recieved it yet. I've kept a very calm attitude about this until now. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!

q

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 501 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next