Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 501 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:21 am 

spm69 wrote:
"free download license". Who's cherry picking words now? License refers to the code that allows you to download the concert. You choose to see free download, while I read the entire sentence as it pertains to the advert as a whole. Have you actually read the original blog in which Dweezil builds up the whole experience so as to justify the ticket price. You see I'm not even complaining about Dweez and his lack of action when it comes to this issue. I don't really care about the download. I do feel however that the individuals complaining have every right to do so. I think it goes both ways, as the apologists will never admit they are wrong, after more than a year of claiming Dweezil is in the right.

q

I'm no apologist, I don't even have a horse in the race since the show I attended on that tour was a large venue and the downloads were offered in conjunction with the small venues of the YCFTOSA portion of that tour. If he had not released a "free download license" to any material from that portion of the tour I think those who are so adamant about receiving something would be on higher ground, it is not as if they got nothing at all. Apparently those who feel somehow cheated cannot see past this point and I am only hoping to help them reconsider their position in order to not deny themselves the joy of seeing future shows by this incredible band. This apparently is harder to accomplish than playing the Black Page on matchsticks… :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:30 am 

One could have thought the plook said it all, then the geezer with imp. info, nobody is delivering one good thing. Tell you more, being above all sky, it's endless quest and we .. spare you and me the quotes. How bad? like you and me become the only force for life, the whole unimaginable universe, which I now destroy, without no ...spooky please name it.

Ey laugh, I did once loved them human lot, true and am at the line ....let me ...sleep for one good ship and so toff we fly. ... hey, a tooth seater, wo'elses. Have a splendiferous time, my day eg's been fab, ... adjusted to our .... where is ! tomorrow, ow. ... do not watch. --SF-djunkie :x

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am 

PURCHASED DOWNLOADS
TITLE FORMAT STATUS SELECT
Dweezil Zappa with Zappa Plays Zappa
10/17/08 Morse Theatre Chicago, IL MP3 DOWNLOAD EXPIRED

12/12/08 Roxy Hollywood, CA MP3 PRE-ORDERED

01/02/09 Hawthorne Theatre Portland, OR MP3 PRE-ORDERED

On the Nugs site it Do say PURCHASED Downloads!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:30 am 

Has Dweezil effectively released the Chicago download to the masses with his latest release of "The Return of..."?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:10 am 

psd wrote:
Has Dweezil effectively released the Chicago download to the masses with his latest release of "The Return of..."?

No. There are a few songs that are from the Chicago 1 download but there's enough additional material there from the other shows to make it a worthwhile purchase. Someone who went to all 3 Chicago shows might have a different opinion once their third download gets released, however.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:18 pm 

GreenHocher wrote:
psd wrote:

No. There are a few songs that are from the Chicago 1 download but there's enough additional material there from the other shows to make it a worthwhile purchase. Someone who went to all 3 Chicago shows might have a different opinion once their third download gets released, however.

I will allow this post as long as no one is going to wine about the fact that their precious little crap bag life was upset by the fact that they did not get their individual show...fucking self absorbed baby's, try living in Somalia and see what hits the top of your need to get list...idiots...sorry if I offended anyone I am burned out and don't have time for spoiled Americans...
:P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:49 pm 

Plook wrote:
I will allow this post as long as no one is going to wine about the fact that their precious little crap bag life was upset by the fact that they did not get their individual show...fucking self absorbed baby's, try living in Somalia and see what hits the top of your need to get list...idiots...sorry if I offended anyone I am burned out and don't have time for spoiled Americans...

You will allow it?
Oh, man.....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:54 am 

Plook wrote:
GreenHocher wrote:
psd wrote:

Plook is the spoiled American....Check out the back of his pants...it looks like a filter at a sewage treatment plant! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:58 am 

What a wordsmith, how did American literature let a gem like you slip through their hands???... :?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:07 pm 

Plook wrote:
What a wordsmith, how did American literature let a gem like you slip through their hands???... :?

It would have read better if I did some word play with Soiled and Spoiled!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:38 am 

Arch Oboler wrote:
Plook wrote:

I know but I fucking exhausted...I get 9 days off when I get home today maybe I can sharpen my Foil then... :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:35 pm 

Plook wrote:
Arch Oboler wrote:
Plook wrote:

I know but I fucking exhausted...I get 9 days off when I get home today maybe I can sharpen my Foil then... :wink:

Plook is the soiled American....Check out the back of his pants...it looks like he sat on a load of dirty laundry from the Chowchilla Woman's prison :mrgreen:

Last edited by Arch Oboler on Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:09 pm 

Plook wrote:
Arch Oboler wrote:
Plook wrote:

You hope.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:42 pm 

What chance do I stand, not only am I getting it from a looser looner with a bunch of outcast creeps on a fucking so called freedom ranch compound...but a little kid is giving me shit now too...such is life when you are right...
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:48 pm 

Diesel Dummy wrote:
WAKE UP WAKE UP WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!! COME ON DZ FORGET THE WIFE AND KIDS AND GET ON THE MOVE!!! I WAS AT THE LAST FOUR CAL SHOWS AND LOVED THEM ALL......... GET BUSY PLEASE!!!!!!

Which shows were those? This is the ZpZ downloads for the YCFTOSA shows,not for the freeloaders...People who think they are more important than the music,like you dd...we all no now that you are the party of say no to anything that might help our country.You are mr. negative....Well hows that working for you? Will you be with glen beck on the day MLK was assasinated? (Nope,his dope,with a well hung tongue [gb] is so smart he forgot to get a permit on time). :P
Your ilk are just into making a stink outta' nothing and screaming crap! You have no answers to anything other than NO! Dweezil and his familiy...well you keep giving them grief,something they never deserved (you have free choice,turn the channel) but on top of that,you never went to one YCFTOSA venue! You can't and won't name them...lets see 4 YCFTOSA shows you saw in CA-that were all YCFTOSA? Well deisel dummy?..... 2nd opinion?...One thing you can't hide is when your crippled inside-JL.
:oops: For the ones that don't know I am refering to dd,Diesel Dummy,Arch Oblar,Darn Accordians + his bunker of Bobby Brown punks at the "freedom from dress rest" just outside of downtown Bend (Over*) ORE. You could say you're raising baby snakes,they all live in your tiny hole..`er :roll: (Bunker)Tiny tiny
* Couldn't help it!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:37 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Diesel Dummy wrote:
WAKE UP WAKE UP WHEREVER YOU ARE!!!! COME ON DZ FORGET THE WIFE AND KIDS AND GET ON THE MOVE!!! I WAS AT THE LAST FOUR CAL SHOWS AND LOVED THEM ALL......... GET BUSY PLEASE!!!!!!

Which shows were those? This is the ZpZ downloads for the YCFTOSA shows,not for the freeloaders...People who think they are more important than the music,like you dd...we all no now that you are the party of say no to anything that might help our country.You are mr. negative....Well hows that working for you? Will you be with glen beck on the day MLK was assasinated? (Nope,his dope,with a well hung tongue [gb] is so smart he forgot to get a permit on time). :P
Your ilk are just into making a stink outta' nothing and screaming crap! You have no answers to anything other than NO! Dweezil and his familiy...well you keep giving them grief,something they never deserved (you have free choice,turn the channel) but on top of that,you never went to one YCFTOSA venue! You can't and won't name them...lets see 4 YCFTOSA shows you saw in CA-that were all YCFTOSA? Well deisel dummy?..... 2nd opinion?...One thing you can't hide is when your crippled inside-JL.
:oops: For the ones that don't know I am refering to dd,Diesel Dummy,Arch Oblar,Darn Accordians + his bunker of Bobby Brown punks at the "freedom from dress rest" just outside of downtown Bend (Over*) ORE. You could say you're raising baby snakes,they all live in your tiny hole..`er :roll: (Bunker)Tiny tiny
* Couldn't help it!

I TRIED TO HELP BUT KAPT SAID NO AND NOW LOOK AT THE MESS HE HAS MADE....I WARNED YOU REPEATEDLY ABOUT THE CAFFEINE MAN AND WHAT DID YOU DO?..... AN OBVIOUS OVERDOSE AND THEN HERE TO MAKE A FOOL OF YOURSELF....I STILL HOPE FOR YOU ps.. I only know about myself and I went to two download shows the Roxy and then up to Portland . Any excuse by DZ don't work for me.. Nugs.com says that I PURCHASED the downloads and I belive that ... Good day Friday :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:40 pm 

dd, you always yell everything.Doe's that make you feel like a bigger T-bagger?
I was at The Roxy for two shows and you were not there. The Dec.11-12 shows,so that means you saw the 1st and last show.....ya right dd.Then for good measure you were at the Portland show to. :roll: I don't know why anyone would believe anything you yell.
Were there is discord,your there.Were there is hate,your there.Now back in der bunker,archie.
Their coming to get you,their coming to get you.
EDIT;You answer to Diesel Dummy as Arch Oboler...Show me your thumb!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:50 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
dd, you always yell everything.Doe's that make you feel like a bigger T-bagger?
I was at The Roxy for two shows and you were not there. The Dec.11-12 shows,so that means you saw the 1st and last show.....ya right dd.Then for good measure you were at the Portland show to. :roll: I don't know why anyone would believe anything you yell.
Were there is discord,your there.Were there is hate,your there.Now back in der bunker,archie.
Their coming to get you,their coming to get you.
EDIT;You answer to Diesel Dummy as Arch Oboler...Show me your thumb!

WOW ..... I was at the show where they filmed the DVD, don't remember the date but I do remember smelling you there...the smoke I mean.... Oh and you remember everyone at the shows? really? I don't think so :? I grew up in Portland and the Hawthorne Theater was near where I lived with all the Filthy Liberals from Reed Collage :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:23 pm 

So you say you were there on 12/12/08,then you will get your show one way or another so whats the deal? You want the vidio free to? Your all rhetoric,no substance.
You yell at DZ to forget his family just to get your download.Can you say arse?
Don't bother answering that pajama person,you are boring me to pieces.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:48 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
You yell at DZ to forget his family just to get your download.

Uh.... He said within ONE week.... A year and a half later and we have to worry about his personal life? No I don't think so :x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:05 am 

How about who care who went where with who when and if their american. Feel me.
Lets get back on point. Not one of you commented on my idea about showing download code for a ticket idea??
We all just assumed he wouldn't do it?? I agree but wanted some feed back towards an idea that we as fans
could create positively unlike my and I am sure others boycott of recent shows in my area.
Not because of the long forgotten download but for one word people TRUTH.
Translate that bash it do what you will with it but simple Truth. All of the posts explaining what we were promised
hit the nail on the head. As for bay area shows costing over $125 face. Where and when. Yes this in Cali or New York
could be possible maybe but you do not understand location or pricing. Pricing for movies for example in those areas are
the most in the country. Unlike a ticket with services charges of $133 in Portland, Oregon. Again the truth was it was promised plane and simple.
New thought . Isn't this time for this story to get some major media attention. Rolling Stone, Poll Star, La Times BBC.
If anyone reading this can name me another performer in the world that didn't deliver on a download included in the ticket price
I will gladly stand corrected. Lol. The point of this again comes back to the regard for quality which none of us after this long besides Dweezil cares about.
The front of the house mix will surely do by now right??? Why not if you don't care anyway. It makes no sense just like my request to go to another show here in Portland
that I believe was
From the Portland Mercury their exact online quote !
Zappa Plays Zappa
When: Sun., June 13, 8 p.m. 2010
Price: $27-82.50
For $82.50 plus convenience charges, you'd better get to gently caress the zombified mustache of Frank Zappa. Otherwise, avoid this like the musical plague that it is.
So is $27 last row seat the same as $133. That is the truth. The rest is nonsense.
Here is some more final facts on my last ever Dweez set.
At the show I gave Joe a photo cd disk containing pro shot pictures from 2008 Rothbury(i had a pass) to share on website and i mentioned how old those pictures were that are still on their.
Killer shots. Never put up or used on site.(side note I could care less about credit didn't even include name giving then free use)
Talking to the sound engineer for Dweez at the set break I mentioned how I did not believe that we would we have our show for over a year. He laughed at me. I asked him when the last time he edited audio??
He stopped laughing. True. Also at my show Ray was so sick he didn't want to shake anyone hands. I really questioned how and why it wasn't postponed or canceled. He did every show on that tour
until he left. Also Aron is from Oregon. West Linn a true brother and really nice person with not one bad word to say that I've ever heard. These people and others departure in ones life is the true reflection.
We reap the harvest that we sew.
Actions speak louder then any words.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:48 pm 

Save your money don't go to the show. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 pm 

I hope everybody gets their downloads eventually.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:54 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
I hope everybody gets their downloads eventually.

Yer such a caring person!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:13 am 

I'm sorry, I guess I have never been that materialistic to care about this kind of small shit in a way that would have me stop going to a show I enjoy so much over such a trival thing as this, maybe that's just me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 501 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next