Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Sheik Yerbouti Line up!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:39 am 

I'm not into bootlegs, and i thought i never would. But when u got almost everything, it's hard to say no  :-/.<br><br>What I would love to hear is more of the Sheik Yerbouti/Baby snake line up. What i think would be nice is to hear something from Odeon Hammersmith, London, where they recorded most of the material on Sheik Yerbouti.<br><br>And when im on this subject, more versions of City Of Tiny Lites would be nice, I love this song, it's one of my favourits to listen to and to sing with my family band.<br><br>Don't you all love this song? It's so beautiful, I think that the best version is the version on Yerbouti with Belew singing it.

"I refuse to become what you call normal"
Lemmy Caution

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:49 am 

One of my favorite versions of City of Tiny Lites is from the 10/24/76 early show I have from Boston, MA. It's one of the first versions, with Ray White singing and playing a great guitar solo. I've waxed rhapsodic over every version of that song for a long time, so I don't see what else I need to say about it. If you start getting boots, watch out for some excellent surprises (Filthy Habits, Outside Now, Carlos Santana Chord Progression). I still love the SY version, since it's the first version I heard. ;D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:57 am 

About getting boots. Do you download them? I was searchin gemm.com for frank Zappa and I saw some boots, but im not shure if i want to pay for them, i dont know if I want to support it, I just need to know more about it.<br>I ordered Anyway The Wind Blows, since it is a Legal boot, Is the version of city of tiny lites good on this?<br>Does beet the boots have other good versions of this song? What about the sound quality?

"I refuse to become what you call normal"
Lemmy Caution