Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:51 am 

Thanks darlin' just d/loading it now.  8)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:25 am 

Hopefully the 5/4/75 show will pop up sooner or later.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:42 am 

thanx mang!<br>this is a pleasant surprise

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:12 pm 

[quote author=My_name_is_Fritz link=board=concerts;num=1127487063;start=0#4 date=09/23/05 at 15:56:26]Thanks.<br><br>But the sound is really bad. Sounds like FZ and band played in an empty Heinz can that contained baked beans.[/quote]<br><br>Huh? If it contained baked beans, then the can wasn't empty, surely. Or is this another one of those Shroedinger's Cat conundrums?

--

http://standanddeliver.blogs.com
http://www.radiohaha.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:03 pm 

In any case it is in MP3. which degrades the sound quality itself. So, I would waint until I could get a lossless version.   :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:50 am 

Ah yes, I was at this show. I remember the crappy sound in the Civic Center.The show started when George Duke walked across the floor and jumped up on the stage and started fooling with his keyboards.I had a drunk sitting in front of me that I still wish I had flattened. I saw a person making a video of the show from the right side of the audience...I wish that would surface.  The most memorable part of the show was Beefheart wailing on the sax lying flat on his back on the floor during Willie the Pimp, and Frank was laughing his ass off (as was the rest of the band). <br>I've never been able to find a decent copy of this show on tape, and I have been looking since 75. I'll downlaod this and re-live the experience.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:38 am 

[quote author=SheikOyuraBeeg1 link=board=concerts;num=1127487063;start=0#10 date=09/24/05 at 07:50:35]Ah yes, I was at this show. I remember the crappy sound in the Civic Center.The show started when George Duke walked across the floor and jumped up on the stage and started fooling with his keyboards.I had a drunk sitting in front of me that I still wish I had flattened. I saw a person making a video of the show from the right side of the audience...I wish that would surface.  The most memorable part of the show was Beefheart wailing on the sax lying flat on his back on the floor during Willie the Pimp, and Frank was laughing his ass off (as was the rest of the band). <br>I've never been able to find a decent copy of this show on tape, and I have been looking since 75. I'll downlaod this and re-live the experience. [/quote]<br><br>Be great if that vid did surface...would love to see it.  ;D Would love to have been there actually...<br>(...but I was only 10 months old...bummer)<br>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:18 pm 

I hope someone in the world has both a copy of this tape and the technology to correct the speed slippage  - because the half-hour improvisation is fantastic!  If only the sound quality were remotely adequate, Frank's solos here and in PFAB would be in the Top 10 best I've ever heard!<br><br><br>[quote author=Sebastiaan link=board=concerts;num=1127487063;start=0#0 date=09/23/05 at 09:51:03]Sound is bad, and sometimes the tapespeed goes 'all the way'   ::) 8) <br><br>Anyway....<br><br>http://www.killuglyradio.com/features/miscellaneous/gilles_friday_boot.php<br><br>Civic Center, Baltimore, MD, May 3rd 1975<br>Personnel: FZ, Denny Walley, Captain Beefheart, Napoleon Murphy Brock, George Duke, Bruce Fowler, Tom Fowler, Terry Bozzio.<br><br>Camarillo Brillo <br>Muffin Man (instrumental) <br>Advance Romance <br>I'm Not Satisfied <br>Carolina Hardcore Ecstasy <br>Velvet Sunrise <br>Pound For A Brown <br>Tuning <br>Stinkfoot <br>The Torture Never Stops <br>Florentine Pogen <br>Montana <br>Improvisations <br><br>Made available September 23rd 2005.<br>[/quote]<br>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:19 pm 

Frank's solos in the half-hour improv and in PFAB would be in the Top 10 best I've ever heard - if only the sound quality were remotely adequate.<br><br>[quote author=Sebastiaan link=board=concerts;num=1127487063;start=0#0 date=09/23/05 at 09:51:03]Sound is bad, and sometimes the tapespeed goes 'all the way'   ::) 8) <br><br>Anyway....<br><br>http://www.killuglyradio.com/features/miscellaneous/gilles_friday_boot.php<br><br>Civic Center, Baltimore, MD, May 3rd 1975<br>Personnel: FZ, Denny Walley, Captain Beefheart, Napoleon Murphy Brock, George Duke, Bruce Fowler, Tom Fowler, Terry Bozzio.<br><br>Camarillo Brillo <br>Muffin Man (instrumental) <br>Advance Romance <br>I'm Not Satisfied <br>Carolina Hardcore Ecstasy <br>Velvet Sunrise <br>Pound For A Brown <br>Tuning <br>Stinkfoot <br>The Torture Never Stops <br>Florentine Pogen <br>Montana <br>Improvisations <br><br>Made available September 23rd 2005.<br>[/quote]<br>

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:19 pm 

Frank's solos in the half-hour improv and in PFAB would be in the Top 10 best I've ever heard - if only the sound quality were remotely adequate.<br><br>[quote author=Sebastiaan link=board=concerts;num=1127487063;start=0#0 date=09/23/05 at 09:51:03]Sound is bad, and sometimes the tapespeed goes 'all the way'   ::) 8) <br><br>Anyway....<br><br>http://www.killuglyradio.com/features/miscellaneous/gilles_friday_boot.php<br><br>Civic Center, Baltimore, MD, May 3rd 1975<br>Personnel: FZ, Denny Walley, Captain Beefheart, Napoleon Murphy Brock, George Duke, Bruce Fowler, Tom Fowler, Terry Bozzio.<br><br>Camarillo Brillo <br>Muffin Man (instrumental) <br>Advance Romance <br>I'm Not Satisfied <br>Carolina Hardcore Ecstasy <br>Velvet Sunrise <br>Pound For A Brown <br>Tuning <br>Stinkfoot <br>The Torture Never Stops <br>Florentine Pogen <br>Montana <br>Improvisations <br><br>Made available September 23rd 2005.<br>[/quote]<br>