Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:49 am 

When i was a youngster,(20), in 1982, I went to see Zappa at the Hammersmith Odeon on June 19th, Block 25, seat G2,the early show.....great concert!!<br><br>When Zappa came to the UK for the '84 tour I grabbed tickets, Hammersmith, as soon as they went on sale, and got good seats. But due to my work commitments I couldn't get to the gig...  :'(  <br><br>My dad was working in London at the time so I sent the tickets to him and told him to go along and enjoy himself. He thanked me for the tix and said he would take one of his work colleagues along for the big night out!! Adorned in his check shirt, slacks and Pringle jumper he made his way to Hammersmith Odeon. Upon walking down Hammersmith broadway he noticed the indigenous population were becoming a bit more 'weird'. (Those of you who have been to H.O. will know the types that gather at the pubs around H.O. during concert time.)<br><br>They went into a pub and had a few beers before heading off to the venue. Feeling more and more out of place, as I'm sure you can appreciate. <br><br>When they got outside the venue their bottles crashed at seeing all the 'weirdos' milling about and didn't go inside but hung around outside for a while. They eventually decided not to attend the concert, but the big question was....'what do we do with the tix??'<br><br>Seeing two 'weirdos' sitting on a fence, my dad asked them if they had tickets. To which the reply was "Do you think we would be sitting on a fucking fence if we did??"<br>My dad's retort was "Here, have two tickets, and enjoy yourselves"  Where upon the two 'weirdos' thought they had just met the two most coolest/stupid persons on the planet and buggered off towards the H.O. clutching primo seat tickets whooping and yelling.<br><br>My point is: Who were the lucky 'weirdos'??<br><br>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:56 am 

Hahahahahahaa! Great story!! Bet the "weirdos" couldn't believe their luck, whoever they are. ;D