Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:10 pm 
Banned

Frowny ruined the thread. I had the good sense to walk away from the childish argument Frowny was attempting to start.

Don't treat me, baby, like your
Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:17 pm 

[quote author=mysterioso link=board=concerts;num=1135107964;start=15#25 date=12/22/05 at 20:05:19]<br><br><br><br><br>good job, lads. between the two of you, you've managed to ruin yet another interesting thread... <br>i don't suppose you could take your love affair elsewhere?[/quote]<br>Dont be such a pussy. Just dont read my posts.

Post subject: Re: A Note from Flo
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:18 pm 

[quote author=Isaac link=board=concerts;num=1135107964;start=15#26 date=12/22/05 at 20:10:58][center]Frowny ruined the thread. I had the good sense to walk away from the childish argument Frowny was attempting to start.<br><br>8)[/center][/quote]<br>Riiight...by replying to me. Good one dingleberry.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:29 pm 
Banned

mysterioso wrote:
none of you have any 'good sense.' if you had, you wouldn't waste everybody's time, having us to wade through your stupid arguments all over this forum. if you only could go back and delete them, but i guess that's too much to ask, since i'm such a pussy...

Hey, I'm sorry, but it's not my fault that idiots like him waste everybody's time with such bullshit. I'd be glad to delete some of the argument pages, but I wouldn't want to be accused of trying to "delete [my] posts and claim that [I] never made 'em," like some schmucks often do (abiet, without success, I'll admit). But I'd doubt that anyone with you-know-who's intelligence would be willing to go along with the deletion of these "argument posts."

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:42 pm 

[quote author=FROWNLAND link=board=concerts;num=1135107964;start=15#27 date=12/22/05 at 20:17:47]<br>Dont be such a pussy. Just dont read my posts.[/quote]<br><br><br>How can you fucking avoid it? It's in every fucking thread. Who enjoys it but you two? It's sickening, over and over again, and nobody likes it. So why don't you two start your own forum, and you can babble, try to outsmart each other, and leave us alone. Or ONE of you act like an adult and ignore the other person. Of course this will make no dent in your thick heads, because hey, "The other person started it! I'm just replying!" Hopefully others will post here, and back me up on this. Because many don't like it. Neither of you are scoring points with anyone. Hopefully Mark will be kind enough to post again sometime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:46 pm 
Banned

I don't enjoy it. He started all these arguments because he loves trying to get a rise out of others. And apparently, he also loves being humiliated to boot. I'm really hoping that things don't get this out of hand again. I'm getting sick and tired of this horseshit. I try to ignore him. But sometimes, it's just SOOOOOO easy to take a pot-shot at him. Eh. Well, Mark/Flo, wherever you are, I'm sorry that me and Frowny ruined your thread. I'll try to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:46 pm 

[quote author=Calvin2hikers link=board=concerts;num=1135107964;start=30#31 date=12/22/05 at 20:42:56]<br><br><br>How can you fucking avoid it? It's in every fucking thread. Who enjoys it but you two? It's sickening, over and over again, and nobody likes it. So why don't you two start your own forum, and you can babble, try to outsmart each other, and leave us alone. Or ONE of you act like an adult and ignore the other person. Of course this will make no dent in your thick heads, because hey, "The other person started it! I'm just replying!" Hopefully others will post here, and back me up on this. Because many don't like it. Neither of you are scoring points with anyone. Hopefully Mark will be kind enough to post again sometime.[/quote]<br><br> yea .. i hope mark posts again <br><br>after that breach of forum decorum  :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:48 pm 

[quote author=Calvin2hikers link=board=concerts;num=1135107964;start=30#31 date=12/22/05 at 20:42:56]<br><br><br>How can you fucking avoid it? It's in every fucking thread. Who enjoys it but you two? It's sickening, over and over again, and nobody likes it. So why don't you two start your own forum, and you can babble, try to outsmart each other, and leave us alone. Or ONE of you act like an adult and ignore the other person. Of course this will make no dent in your thick heads, because hey, "The other person started it! I'm just replying!" Hopefully others will post here, and back me up on this. Because many don't like it. Neither of you are scoring points with anyone. Hopefully Mark will be kind enough to post again sometime.[/quote]<br><br><br><br>
Quote:
I don't enjoy it. He started all these arguments because he loves trying to get a rise out of others. And apparently, he also loves being humiliated to boot. I'm really hoping that things don't get this out of hand again. I'm getting sick and tired of this horseshit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:50 pm 
Banned

mysterioso wrote:

don't even try to come off as the 'good boy' in this, isaac.

Have I offended someone?

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:56 pm 

[quote author=Calvin2hikers link=board=concerts;num=1135107964;start=30#31 date=12/22/05 at 20:42:56]<br><br><br>How can you fucking avoid it? It's in every fucking thread. Who enjoys it but you two? It's sickening, over and over again, and nobody likes it. So why don't you two start your own forum, and you can babble, try to outsmart each other, and leave us alone. Or ONE of you act like an adult and ignore the other person. Of course this will make no dent in your thick heads, because hey, "The other person started it! I'm just replying!" Hopefully others will post here, and back me up on this. Because many don't like it. Neither of you are scoring points with anyone. Hopefully Mark will be kind enough to post again sometime.[/quote]<br>How can you avoid it...well lets see ummm...use your brain here...errr...dont read my posts...hows that for a start?  When you see a Trout Mask Replica avatar and the word FROWNLAND above it, skip past it. Do you have a scroll feature? <br><br>And yeah dude im totaly trying to score points here. Tossbag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:57 pm 
Banned

Idiot Bastardson wrote:
Maybe you need to start follow your own advice kid...

In case you folks haven't noticed, I've only made ONE REPLY to Frownland's comments in this thread. After his second response to me, I chose not to continue the flame-war and try and let you folks get back to the real meat of this thread, which is the comments of Mark Volman that began this thread. I've no intention to begin another flame-war, between anybody and...well, anybody.

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:58 pm 

[quote author=Isaac link=board=concerts;num=1135107964;start=30#32 date=12/22/05 at 20:46:19][center]<br><br>I don't enjoy it. He started all these arguments because he loves trying to get a rise out of others. And apparently, he also loves being humiliated to boot. I'm really hoping that things don't get this out of hand again. I'm getting sick and tired of this horseshit. :P<br><br><br>Hey, I try to ignore him. But sometimes, it's just SOOOOOO easy to take a pot-shot at him. Eh. Well, Mark/Flo, wherever you are, I'm sorry that me and Frowny ruined your thread. I'll try to make sure this doesn't happen again.[/center][/quote]<br>Humiliated? Funny...I have never felt or been humiliated. Thanks for telling me how I feel. <br><br>You so blind you cant even see yuo humiliate yourself all the time, even when like 15 people point it out to you....but no, their all wrong arnt they?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:41 pm 

I don't get it.  Not being part of the feuding factions here, I just gloss over the nasty little tidbits that don't relate to the thread, but in this case most of the postings didn't relate.  If anyone wondered why more artists don't post here, this is a nice example.  You pop  in and read how appreciated Flo's effort was, and you just go quietly away.  <br><br>Why not start another thread to lob word-grenades at eachother?<br><br>Merry Christmas, Flo, if you stop in again.  What are you doing about the fact that your names are still being used to sell tickets in some Euro Venues?<br><br>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:30 pm 
Banned

CasuallyYours wrote:
Why not start another thread to lob word-grenades at eachother?

If you'll notice, I was the one who acted like a man and stepped out of the thread, while Frownland continued to try and argue with me. I'm sorry if he ruined Flo's thread. It was never my intention to get into this huge thing.

Any old Alley Cat
Alley Cat, Alley Cat

Jimmie D Fan

Last edited by Isaac on Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:05 pm 

[quote author=Isaac link=board=concerts;num=1135107964;start=30#44 date=12/24/05 at 16:30:49][center]<br><br>If you'll notice, I was the one who acted like a man and stepped out of the thread, while Frownland continued to try and argue with me. I'm sorry if he ruined Flo's thread. It was never my intention to get into this huge thing. <br><br>8)[/center][/quote]<br>Yeah what a debacle it was. Life is so hard on the internet. Everything should be neat...pretty. Tidy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:41 am 

To get this thread back on topic, here's a nice recent article about Mark Volman: <br><br>http://www.nashvillescene.com/Stories/Arts/Music/2005/12/15/The_Phlorescent_Teach/index.shtml

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:17 am 

[quote author=Sebastiaan link=board=concerts;num=1135107964;start=30#44 date=12/27/05 at 07:09:03]<br><br>I back you up, Cal...  8) A Kindergarten or a Zoo section at this forum would be helpfull. It keeps the kids or animals inside and people who would like to can go in watching it, join the games or feed the animals.[/quote]<br>Agreed.  ;D<br><br>
Quote:
Anyways...<br>Thanks Flo for your message and sharing another memory. All the best. - Sebastiaan.
<br><br>How the hell are you seb? Had a good Chrimble?  8)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:27 pm 

[quote author=Studebaker link=board=concerts;num=1135107964;start=45#45 date=12/27/05 at 08:41:17]To get this thread back on topic, here's a nice recent article about Mark Volman: <br><br>http://www.nashvillescene.com/Stories/Arts/Music/2005/12/15/The_Phlorescent_Teach/index.shtml[/quote]<br>Great article!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:00 pm 

Yes, an inspiring article. Returns to study and graduates in his 50th year. Yet another example that the old put down of "those who can't - teach" is just bullshit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:11 pm 

[quote author=polydigm link=board=concerts;num=1135107964;start=45#48 date=12/27/05 at 20:00:47]Yet another example that the old put down of "those who can't - teach" is just bullshit.[/quote]<br><br>It's NOT just bullshit; it is true far too often. Occassionally you get a teacher who can "do" AND teach, but it's more rare than it is common. <br><br>I'd love to take a class with an instructor like Flo who has real world experience in his field of study as well as a good formal education, instead of from some "teacher" who is not much more than just some academic with a title who merely read a textbook before I did and who has no REAL practical first-hand knowledge.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:52 pm 

Cool article, Mark! I like reading your recollections of events.<br>  I was lucky enough to see you and Howard with the Mothers at the Fillmore East. Incredible show. and confusing as well. Sanzini Brothers   :o lol!<br>  Jeff Simmons doing his "oops, I spiiled a beer" routine.<br>Musically, it was great! (Even my dad who waited outside liked it. )

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next