Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Note from Flo
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:42 pm 

[quote author=swiftkicknow link=board=concerts;num=1135107964;start=45#49 date=12/27/05 at 21:11:02]It's NOT just bullshit; it is true far too often. Occassionally you get a teacher who can "do" AND teach, but it's more rare than it is common.[/quote]I can't speak for the American education system, but in Australia, in the Secondary system anyway, it's been made too complicated to be able to just cruise through the system. I'm a part of the teaching profession and I've met people that I believe shouldn't be teachers but most people I've met in the Australian system are good at their jobs and do far more than just pay lip service to it.<br><br>Whatever the profession, it's peopled by real human beings and they've all got their short comings, I do not accept that the teaching profession has a higher proportion of slackers than in any other field. I came across some pretty brain dead people working in telecommunications and other fields I've worked in.<br><br>I just object to that saying and whatever you think about it, it's offensive and most teachers find it offensive.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:17 pm 

[quote author=polydigm link=board=concerts;num=1135107964;start=45#51 date=12/28/05 at 00:42:07]<br>I can't speak for the American education system, but in Australia, in the Secondary system anyway, it's been made too complicated to be able to just cruise through the system. I'm a part of the teaching profession and I've met people that I believe shouldn't be teachers but most people I've met in the Australian system are good at their jobs and do far more than just pay lip service to it.<br><br>Whatever the profession, it's peopled by real human beings and they've all got their short comings, I do not accept that the teaching profession has a higher proportion of slackers than in any other field. I came across some pretty brain dead people working in telecommunications and other fields I've worked in.<br><br>I just object to that saying and whatever you think about it, it's offensive and most teachers find it offensive.[/quote]<br><br><br>I can speek for the Americun education systum. It has improoved my English and grammer to the nth deegree.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:45 am 

[quote author=polydigm link=board=concerts;num=1135107964;start=45#51 date=12/28/05 at 00:42:07]Whatever the profession, it's peopled by real human beings and they've all got their short comings, I do not accept that the teaching profession has a higher proportion of slackers than in any other field. [/quote]<br><br>Here ya go, Polly, since you love to have people feed you in tiny bite-sized pieces--<br><br>The secret word for today is: TENURE<br>n. A status granted to a teacher usually after a probationary period that protects him or her from dismissal <br>v. Give life-time employment to; "She was tenured after she published her book"<br><br>There are LOADS of teachers who should be fired and replaced but they can't be because they have tenure. As a result, scores of students have to suffer through these shitty apathetic arrogant academics year after year. <br><br>Which brings me back to my simple point which you have tried to wiggle around and redirect:<br><br>[quote author=swiftkicknow link=board=concerts;num=1135107964;start=45#49 date=12/27/05 at 21:11:02]It's NOT just bullshit; it is true far too often. Occassionally you get a teacher who can "do" AND teach, but it's more rare than it is common. <br><br>I'd love to take a class with an instructor like Flo who has real world experience in his field of study as well as a good formal education, instead of from some "teacher" who is not much more than just some academic with a title who merely read a textbook before I did and who has no REAL practical first-hand knowledge. [/quote]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:03 pm 

Meh, we have great teachers in Australia. Mine were always helpful even if i gave them shitloads of grief as a real youngin. Theyd always have the time to explain shit to you all you had to do was ask.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:31 am 

Tenure is a bad idea no matter what career you are in.  If you fuck up, I dont care how long you have been involved, your job should be toast.  

http://www.last.fm/music/fowl
http://www.deezer.com/en/#music/fowl
Your mental health requires buying my cd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:35 am 

[quote author=andre_cholmondeley link=board=concerts;num=1135107964;start=45#56 date=12/30/05 at 10:21:33]..oh wait, what were we talking about....? i forget......[/quote]<br>Right now we're talking about tenure. Since you're into herbal remedies and feeling forgetful, I guess we could now talk about Gingko Biloba. We flow like that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:36 pm 

[quote author=swiftkicknow link=board=concerts;num=1135107964;start=45#57 date=12/30/05 at 11:35:28]<br>Right now we're talking about tenure. Since you're into herbal remedies and feeling forgetful, I guess we could now talk about Gingko Biloba. We flow like that.[/quote]<br>Hey, I've been using that shit for a few months now. On top of that, it actually seems to fucking work! I can actually remember what I had for dinner yesterday, whereas before, I could only remember things like playing Lite-Brite in my closet as a 4 year old.   :o<br>

yore barkin' up the wrong tree.
- Festus Haggen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:30 am 

[quote author=andre_cholmondeley link=board=concerts;num=1135107964;start=45#56 date=12/30/05 at 10:21:33]..oh wait, what were we talking about....? i forget......[/quote]<br><br>LMAO....seems every thread ends up in an arguement. Anyways, Thank you Mark/Flo for sharing, and have a Happy New Year.  8)<br>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:29 am 

Yes, Mark, it was really swell of you to drop by to talk to us FZ admirers.  What a hectic time you went through with the Mothers.  A week to shoot 200 Motels, the whole Montreaux/Rainbow Theatre thing.  I hope that the Z Plays Z tour does get off the ground and that you and Howard can be a part of it.   And that I will be able to see it live on stage!<br><br>Sabby

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:31 am 

[quote author=VapoSlob link=board=concerts;num=1135107964;start=45#57 date=12/30/05 at 17:36:04]<br>Hey, I've been using that shit for a few months now. On top of that, it actually seems to fucking work! I can actually remember what I had for dinner yesterday, whereas before, I could only remember things like playing Lite-Brite in my closet as a 4 year old.   :o<br>[/quote]<br> ;D HAHAHAHA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:47 pm 

what are the odds flo/eddy show up for the halloween show ¿

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:57 pm 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
what are the odds flo/eddy show up for the halloween show ¿

I figure the odds be fifty/fifty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:47 am 

Eddie Are You Kidding? It is now June 2006, What is with this argueing?
The Torture Never Stops. Stick Together.

Flo, I seen you and Eddie at Filmore, Claremont, Long Beach and at the LA fair, sure would like to see you in Vegas Tuesday night 6/20/06. The white album is my all time favorite, I do believe. I have had 5 copies. I keep wearing them out. Love you both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:31 pm 

Hey i just got a CD of "She's MY Girl" by the Turtles!

I like it!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:07 pm 

There's no 50/50 chance of Flo and Eddie showing up for any of the current ZPZ shows. Dweezil's band isn't playing the music of their era, and they're not invited.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:36 pm 

Flo, thanks for all the great musical performances with and without Frank. The 1972 Flo & Eddie show at Brooklyn's Bananafish Gardens/Park was superb, and I still have the drumstick that Doctor Dunbar tossed me at the end of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:13 pm 

hey, flo; if yer out there, drop in, we'd love to hear from you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:27 am 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:

Yeah, I love that we can actually talk to these guys, recently Art Tripp has been making some posts and sharing some stories of life on the road and all that jazz. So uh, if you're reading this, get yourself on here and have a chat!

Stream my music here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:35 am 

Crudblud wrote:
slime.oofytv.set wrote:

Yeah, I love that we can actually talk to these guys, recently Art Tripp has been making some posts and sharing some stories of life on the road and all that jazz. So uh, if you're reading this, get yourself on here and have a chat!

When I saw this thread back on page one, I was really hoping Flo had come back.
This was a fun thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:55 am 

Mark, Mark Mark Mark Mark Mark -- ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????

Come to sunny Portland dude. Jimmy Mak's maybe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:22 am 

I was just thinking in the car today... of all the former Mothers, I would love to meet Mark Volman the most. Even more than Ruth Underwood, and that's saying a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:42 pm 

feetlightup wrote:
I was just thinking in the car today... of all the former Mothers, I would love to meet Mark Volman the most. Even more than Ruth Underwood, and that's saying a lot.

For me, it's either Flo, JCB, Ruthie, or Don Preston, don't ask why, that's just the way it is!

Stream my music here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:53 pm 

frogwash wrote:
Mark, Mark Mark Mark Mark Mark -- ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????

Come to sunny Portland dude. Jimmy Mak's maybe?

Portland sunny? Are you kidding me?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:18 pm 

Crudblud wrote:
feetlightup wrote:

For me, it's either Flo, JCB, Ruthie, or Don Preston, don't ask why, that's just the way it is!

I'd love to meet them all and have met a few,but Roy Estrada would really thrill me.
Gee,I wonder why Mark/Flo doesn't post here anymore? Or any other Mother? In the beginning of his/this thread,it had so much potential. Until..........eye's be rollin' on the concrete fawn - :roll: Isaac.....with a taste of Trendy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next