Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:59 pm 

Fred_Zappelin wrote:
Trend-oid, you just replied to my comments in about 200 words and made absolutely no point whatsoever.

At least he's consistent. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:28 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
Fred_Zappelin wrote:
That's great that Dweezil's doing the right thing by making sure Frank's Roxy DVD comes out before his. I know for myself, if a ZPZ Roxy DVD came out first, I would be personally boycotting it until the real thing is here. It's like FZ Roxy is a MUST HAVE. ZPZ Roxy is just something nice to have in the collection.

This is an example where fans of FZs music seem to have so much built up animosity.

If so, so what? Are you afraid of animosity? Is it Real Bad? If you are thinking of starting an Anti-Animosity club, please count me as against it.
Trendmonger wrote:
By now we should all know that the FZ ROXY DVD project is one that has a given set of unknown circumstances.
Who knows the condition of all the audio and video and what can be produced from whatever exists.

Who knows? That is your response to a product teaser released in 2003? It is only reasonable to expect that a little more information is owed to the customer after this many years.
Trendmonger wrote:
I remain cautiously optimistic. Yes it is something most of us want very much but in the end my thoughts have always been
the final product will be something that is quite different from our impression from an album that has overdubs on it.

This is the essence of the Trendmonger. I find that it compares nicely as a verifying confirmation of a post of his, from another thread:
Trendmonger wrote:
...Even then I would feel no need to compartmentalize that tune
into a good or bad label.

It displays a willful inibility to react to to the content of the material. In fact, Trendmonger's posts are largely without specific personal reaction. Sure, we get his occasionally interesting, generally unconvincing history lessons and such. The regular tracts dedicated to proving that he has heard a bunch of people talk about electronics as they are related to music. But it all seems to be an obsession rather than a passion or even the object of intellectual curiousity. This results badly for one set to study, which amazingly is one thing that Trendy does try to do alot of. There seems to be no personal response to anything that he enounters past the vetting required to prove the pedigree of the source. If its Official, then its Great, if not, its somehow less. Detachment can be a useful tool at times, but I would argue that it is not much of a way of life. Or more specifically, good as evidence of one's response to one's preferences in MUSIC.
Trendmonger wrote:
While the basic framework of FZs ROXY and ZPZs The SN Of ROXY is conceptually aligned it is easy to see
that the basic compositions and arrangements are not all one in the same.
There are some obvious conceptual connections that deservedly give the SON of project it's name
but all this hostility and boycott maneuvers show what I think is a severe disservice
to the music Frank Zappa created.

Finishing in GREAT Trendmonger style, we see some full throttle Cheerleading.
When a player messes up, the Cheerleader won't count it against him or fear him doing so again in the future. The slate is ALWAYS clean. On to the next cheer. We're the BEST! Why? Because everyone else isn't! (Such a positive person) Because that's what all the other Cheerleaders agreed on! Because that is what is on the signpost ahead, can't you read?
Now, Trendy, go paint another ton of posters.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:20 pm 

Wow, Arkay. You're actually trying to reason with TrainSpotter. That's so... ambitious.

Honestly, I think you'd have better luck reasoning with a poodle; but good luck anyway...

Post subject: re: roxy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:44 pm 

roxy: Image

officer dick bupkus wrote:
son of roxy:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:07 am 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
If so, so what? Are you afraid of animosity? Is it Real Bad?
If you are thinking of starting an Anti-Animosity club, please count me as against it.

I have seen toddlers and poddles with a bad haricut acting better
than some of the animosity mamby pamby cry babies in this community.

Sure go on with your animosity but clearly you are ignoring the issue.
Just what level of animosity did you have between December 1973 and December 1993.
Frank had those tapes in his possession for twenty years and produced 50 albums
and various other official videos during that 20 year period without ever releasing a ROXY Video.

I receive animosity propaganda from Republicans that are so pissed off that a Republican is not the president.
The day of the G20 I received one that was a picture of George Bush and it read "I bet you miss me now".
These Republicans actually believe we were on a god path with that guy. Sure if you like a path of a global depression
but that is OK it was their guy. Not that the world is perfect in a few months but the G20 sure thinks things are looking brighter
than the path of global depression we were on that all took off under George Bush's tenure.

What is happening is people do not get things to be exactly as they want them to be so they take it out with who is there at the moment.
So ROXY is not ready yet and all this animosity is expelled at the ZFT. Just how much animosity was expelled at FZ
from December 1973 when it was obvious filming was taking place at the shows and 20 years later in 1993 when it was still
a work in progress.

"We'll be ready when we are ready 8) "
Zack Glickman ROXY Theater December 1973

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:13 am 

Face it, Gary, you're in love with an imperfect company/family. It just means they're only human. Live with it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:27 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
If so, so what? Are you afraid of animosity? Is it Real Bad?
If you are thinking of starting an Anti-Animosity club, please count me as against it.

I have seen toddlers and poddles with a bad haricut acting better
than some of the animosity mamby pamby cry babies in this community.

Whoa, not so fast there! Are you saying I'm uncouth? Now, you're going too far! I had hoped to be known for my decorum, but if you say I'm uncouth, well, I'm aghast, of course.
Trendmonger wrote:
Sure go on with your animosity but clearly you are ignoring the issue.

No, check the facts. See, here is me NOT ignoring the issue:
Who knows? That is your response to a product teaser released in 2003? It is only reasonable to expect that a little more information is owed to the customer after this many years.

See? The issue isn't what FZ did or did not do. The product was ADVERTISED. And you and your negative attitude confuse the recognition of that fact for lack of decorum. One can be both impolite and positive in attitude as compared to you who is droolingly polite, but negative towards basic expectancy of business transparency reconfiguring it as rude in the face of art. Thats actually some pretty creative obfuscation, but of course, one of those hilarious/sad things in the world.
Trendmonger wrote:
I receive animosity propaganda from Republicans that are so pissed off that a Republican is not the president.
The day of the G20 I received one that was a picture of George Bush and it read "I bet you miss me now".
These Republicans actually believe we were on a god path with that guy. Sure if you like a path of a global depression
but that is OK it was their guy. Not that the world is perfect in a few months but the G20 sure thinks things are looking brighter
than the path of global depression we were on that all took off under George Bush's tenure.

Now, THAT is a non sequitur. All others trying to learn the art of creating great non sequiturs, please study the above.

Trendmonger wrote:
What is happening is people do not get things to be exactly as they want them to be so they take it out with who is there at the moment.
So ROXY is not ready yet and all this animosity is expelled at the ZFT. Just how much animosity was expelled at FZ
from December 1973 when it was obvious filming was taking place at the shows and 20 years later in 1993 when it was still
a work in progress.

"We'll be ready when we are ready 8) "
Zack Glickman ROXY Theater December 1973

The last quote is fine, despite the fact that being patient doesn't eliminate the timeline issues. Although patience is a virtue, I can understand and feel the frustration created by this situation, though you either don't or won't. Probably won't because you think its the polite thing to do. How very unopinionated of you. How irrelevent.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:34 am 

You wanna talk about advertising works in progress
I have brought this up many times
Frank Zappa Presents Uncle Meat The Mothers Of Invention Movie
was advertised on Mothermania close to a a decade before it was released on Honker Home Video.

COMING SOON ON A VHS FORMAT NOT EVEN AVAILABLE in 1969

March 1969 Advertisement

September , 15 1987 Release Date

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:46 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
You wanna talk about advertising works in progress
I have brought this up many times
Frank Zappa Presents Uncle Meat The Mothers Of Invention Movie
was advertised on Mothermania close to a a decade before it was released on Honker Home Video.

March 1969 Advertisement

September 1987

More Great Moments in non sequiturs, obfuscation and, but, also, of course, ignoring the issue. A true Zen saying: Nothing is what I want

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:50 am 

just plain doug wrote:
Face it, Gary, you're in love with an imperfect company/family. It just means they're only human. Live with it.

No company/family is perfect but I feel no need to sit and complain about works in progress especially since history has documented this particular issue well enough fro anyone with a blown up head or not to understand it will be ready when it is ready. Shit after 30 plus years before hand the interview I did with Joe Travers in 2005 should have been enough but Dweezil has spoken enough on the issue on top of all that..

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:05 am 

Sorry, man, but the past is irrelevant. If I got a boot to the nuts 30 years ago, and then today got a boot to the nuts from a family member of that same guy, I won't excuse it because it happened before.
In any event, I've spent so much money buying all the Zappa releases so far, that I'm happy when something doesn't come out. It leaves me more money for food and clothes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:54 pm 

Said there ain't no use in cryin'
'Cause it will only, only drive you mad.
Does it hurt to hear them lyin'?
Was this the only world you had?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:11 pm 

Did someone actually say they would "boycott" the ZPZ Son of Roxy if it came out before the DVD version of FZ's Roxy?

How fucking childish is that? Why are people making this political? Either you like the music or you don't. If you like the music, but the DVD/CD. If you don't, why whine about it?

I'll buy both DVDs, regardless of when they are released.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:25 am 

blsabob23 wrote:
Did someone actually say they would "boycott" the ZPZ Son of Roxy if it came out before the DVD version of FZ's Roxy?

How fucking childish is that? Why are people making this political? Either you like the music or you don't. If you like the music, but the DVD/CD. If you don't, why whine about it?

Yes some have said that.... For some time I have questioned lots of this animosity to be some Fanaskeptasaureous War Flag Agenda.
For years I have said the overt negative fan is just making matters worse for all the fans that just want the music.
Fine have an opinion on the art but to push an overt agenda of extreme negativity is a severe disservice.
Wanna buy a fan. Cost at Wallmart $19.99
Divorce settlement costs over fighting for that fan?
Your guess I am sure settlement costs over fighting for common possessions have been 1,000 to 10,000 the times the items cost to buy.

WE do not own Zappa's work and never did. It has never been the FANS Fan.
IT is there to enjoy if we so choose to have open eyes and ears.
No one else will be selling Official Zappa and no other artist delivers art in the way Zappa delivers it.
The Zappa Commodity does seem to be sold at a premium price point but if I want that I budget for it.
These Thousands of AUDs are no consolidation if the Vault Doors close because the war agenda prohibits progress.
I made a decision decades ago to let the artist speak for himself and enjoy the ride for the customary price of admission
even if that price point is a bit larger than typical media and download products in the industry.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:53 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
blsabob23 wrote:

These Thousands of AUDs are no consolidation if the Vault Doors close because the war agenda prohibits progress.

Do you mean "consolation"? If so, then AUD tapes are a small consolation if nothing further were released officially. At least we would have the AUD tapes to enjoy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:16 am 

FalseDichotomy wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
blsabob23 wrote:

Do you mean "consolation"? If so, then AUD tapes are a small consolation if nothing further were released officially. At least we would have the AUD tapes to enjoy.

It was a typo but it sure brings some Conceptual Continuity to the I want it all now for free ideology
that is the plague of artistic development. If fans are sitting there thinking it's time to consolidate all that overdrawn credit,
we can live on AUDs that is a joke.

I don't buy freely into the AUD community. I'll gladly continue to budget for Official Goods and Services.
AUDs are No consolation whatsoever. I've heard some and even the finest of audio AUD remnants leaves me
wanting Official and Authoritative. Not that I ever needed to hear an AUD to think that but the AUD community
is at times, the operative keyword is AT TIMES causing big trouble

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:45 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
I don't buy freely into the AUD community. I'll gladly continue to budget for Official Goods and Services.
AUDs are No consolation whatsoever. I've heard some and even the finest of audio AUD remnants leaves me
wanting Official and Authoritative. Not that I ever needed to hear an AUD to think that but the AUD community
is at times, the operative keyword is AT TIMES causing big trouble

I agree that Official Product would be the most desirable. "Authoritative" is another ball of wax entirely--FZ is no longer around, so an "authoritative" release is now someone else's judgment call, and some judgments are better than others.

I don't trust the words "authoritative" and "definitive". To me, those terms really mean "the best that we could do with given conditions/technology at this present moment" or "what we like most or is most in-vogue at this present moment".

I'm truly sorry that AUDs don't console you. They make me smile, as does Official Product. There is no either/or, just a false dichotomy. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:25 pm 

blsabob23 wrote:

How fucking childish is that? Why are people making this political?

Yeah I did, assclown :P . It's not childish, or political. I'm just saying, I'm in no hurry for another ZPZ DVD, but really would like the original Roxy DVD, or any official audio/video release. What the fuck is so hard to understand about that? Now wait and watch Trend-oloid go on and over analyze my statement.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:45 am 

Now bringing this topic back on a positive note
as we are in that window of time that DZ has allocated
to these for-mentioned projects there is a nice little
two week opening in the Zappa Plays Zappa - Fall 2009 schedule.
http://www.zappaplayszappa.com/tourdates.html

The opening date is on November 5th at The Wellmont Theater in Montclair N.J.
and the second tour date is on November 19th at Stubbs Amphitheater in Austin Texas.
Use your imagination ladies and gentleman :D

Regardless of where this brings your higher consciousness
of the many works in progress I plan to bake in the remnants
of highly ambient domains from the pumpkin of goodies
from Zappaween 2009.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
Now bringing this topic back on a positive note
as we are in that window of time that DZ has allocated
to these for-mentioned projects there is a nice little
two week opening in the Zappa Plays Zappa - Fall 2009 schedule.
http://www.zappaplayszappa.com/tourdates.html

The opening date is on November 5th at The Wellmont Theater in Montclair N.J.
and the second tour date is on November 19th at Stubbs Amphitheater in Austin Texas.
Use your imagination ladies and gentleman :D

Regardless of where this brings your higher consciousness
of the many works in progress I plan to bake in the remnants
of highly ambient domains from the pumpkin of goodies
from Zappaween 2009.

If they don't add Southern California dates then I'm going to boycott the Son of Roxy.

Then I'm going to download some AUDS.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:50 pm 

If they don't play Holiday In Berlin while drinking 2/5ths glass of sherry, I'm going to boycott them.

FOREVER.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:17 pm 

:shock:

Last edited by Joel Osteen on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:53 am 

roxy:

son of roxy:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:40 pm 

I read an article about ZPZ (Relix) before they ever had their first tour and it mentioned that Ahmet was going to be somehow involved. So far I haven't seen or heard anything concerning Ahmet vomit to date. Anyone know about this and do you know what Ahmet's role would be in this project? The only thing I can think of is singing. What happened?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:24 am 

ImageImage

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981