The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: xxx
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:47 am 

xxx

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Last edited by Trendmonger on Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:49 pm 

Did anything come out of that cat abuse thing?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:08 pm 

I guess this could be interesting, for a giggle or two. But I'm not sure this band's music will actually wear well with age. I saw them in their heyday back in '82 and was actually quite bored. I thought the opening act, Wall of Voodoo blew them away. And without Terry....?

A band that I managed actually played an opening slot for Dale's Terry-less version of MP probably around 2004-5. I didn't see the gig, but the band told me that the MP was stale and Dale had gotten fat.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:26 pm 

Missing Persons redux has come through my town in the past w/ nameless players but this lineup is intriguing. I'd throw down a ten spot if they came through my little town.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:30 pm 

blsabob23 wrote:
saw them in their heyday back in '82 and was actually quite bored. I thought the opening act, Wall of Voodoo blew them away.

Wall of Voodoo would blow most bands away, but particularly Missing Persons! One of my greatest regrets is never seeing Marc Moreland live. On nearly all videos of them on the net, he's in semi-darkness: I would particularly love to see how he got that great feedback on "Ring of Fire".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:46 am 

blsabob23 wrote:
I guess this could be interesting, for a giggle or two. But I'm not sure this band's music will actually wear well with age. I saw them in their heyday back in '82 and was actually quite bored. I thought the opening act, Wall of Voodoo blew them away. And without Terry....?

A band that I managed actually played an opening slot for Dale's Terry-less version of MP probably around 2004-5. I didn't see the gig, but the band told me that the MP was stale and Dale had gotten fat.

Now we see the ever present double standard...it's ok for Ike to be "thick" (god forbid anyone call him obese), but it was a good thing someone missed the MP gig since Dale is fat.

Things that make ya go hmmm... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:09 pm 

Plook wrote:
blsabob23 wrote:

Now we see the ever present double standard...it's ok for Ike to be "thick" (god forbid anyone call him obese), but it was a good thing someone missed the MP gig since Dale is fat.

Things that make ya go hmmm... :roll:

Yes. Lets face it. No one cares if Aretha Franklin is fat, because she can really sing. But Dale Bozzio is no Aretha Franklin. One of the main draws to a Missing Persons show was the fact that Dale was a hot chick who wore next to nothing on stage. She was never that great a singer, just a mildly enjoyable performer to watch.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:39 pm 

FaithfulZappa wrote:
Did anything come out of that cat abuse thing?

http://thephoenix.com/Boston/News/85175-Bozzio-appeals-jail-sentence-goes-on-tour/

"Remarkable in detail and interview, an unexpected and invaluable look at a such an important and ill-fated moment in Frank's career."

www.idiotbastard.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:46 pm 

Look at the photo's of her house....that's torture!! I see that Travers is going to be the drummer.. Again no vault work to be done.........If I went to see them.. I would throw stuffed cats on stage....And maybe a bag of Cat food!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:42 am 

xxx

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Last edited by Trendmonger on Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:42 pm, edited 67 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:56 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
thepoodlebites wrote:
Look at the photo's of her house....that's torture!! I see that Travers is going to be the drummer.. Again no vault work to be done.........If I went to see them.. I would throw stuffed cats on stage....And maybe a bag of Cat food!

You obviously have no clue as to Joe Travers Vault Work Schedule, his scheduled time with Missing Persons
or Dale Bozzio's love for helping cats. Now some people love Deers, Ducks, Goose, Pheasant and maybe even some Quail.
You very well know they show their love by gong around and shooting them but that is all OK because they never fed them and gave them a home. I am sure soem coudl argue that as our tax dollars goes to pay fro State Land that many hunters use for their game of sport
but unless you know more about the situation it is outrageous to comment on it. I mean coem on now look at all those people who are against hunting thwey only comment on the picture of the poor deer that is dead on a car rooftop.

Their is more to understanding the situation of cats deers and Zappa's Vault that what anyone sees on the surface.

(edited no times)

Tell it to the dead pussycats.
Which vault will they go into?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:43 am 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:23 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
What if Dale Bozzio showed up live and did her Mary part in some Chicago Cover Band bar band
performance of Joe's Garage. You woudl be there in some short cloth neck ornament calling it all amazing.

Don't tell other people what their reactions or judgments would be, as you have no idea.

Anyway, Dale screwed up her monologue at Zappa's Universe, remember? Her fifteen minutes were up two decades ago.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:13 pm 

xxx

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Last edited by Trendmonger on Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:42 pm, edited 18 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:32 pm 

Wait a minute!

What are words for?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:22 pm 

Trendy...Lick the dead cats ass...I've been breeding and raising dogs for over thirty years...Never have I seen such disgusting photo's as those posted for criminal prosecution against Dale. I travel all the time and I make sure that who ever I leave in care for my animals that the will do their job...I call and get updates on my animals daily. What doe's my interests have anything to do with this you fucking looser. Look at those photo's...this is not from a couple of days neglect..Not even a week! I've owned as many as fifteen dogs at one time! Their kennel is cleaned twice a day..and they are feed twice a day...You drool at every chance to defend! But you have no defense with this one! She should never be allowed to own a animal again! You probably believe that Vick is not guilty too! There is no excuse..Not even from a bigger looser like you!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:35 pm 

xxx

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Last edited by Trendmonger on Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:56 pm 

Quote:
All joking aside on thios serious issue I think it is unfair to place judgment before you knwo more about the situation adn I am fairly confident without ever speaking to Dale that she cares for cats and soemthign went a little wrong aong the way.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Who's fucking joking!! A picture Say's a thousand words..Here's six you asshole! That's about six thousand words..Almost as long as one of your drooling post's! And what do you mean by a little wrong along the way!! A litter box filled to the brim and shit stained tile is not from a week of neglect not even a month! Fuck the cats were eating the dead! Frank loved cats.. Dont bring Frank into this... God are you fucked up!

Last edited by thepoodlebites on Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:59 pm 

Something tells me that Trendmonger didn't look at the pictures.

It's more than something going wrong along the way. I've seen people on the Animal Planet cop shows get jailed for less. Personally not giving a shit what she does on tour. I can't imagine an excuse for that horrible shit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:09 pm 

Those pictures are horrible. They would leave one to believe that there is a case of some form of mental illness on Dale's part.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:09 pm 

xxx

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Last edited by Trendmonger on Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:10 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Something tells me that Trendmonger didn't look at the pictures.

It's more than something going wrong along the way. I've seen people on the Animal Planet cop shows get jailed for less. Personally not giving a shit what she does on tour. I can't imagine an excuse for that horrible shit.

Well I hope he See's them now! He brings in my personal life and attacks what I do while defending this shit! Trendy your a Idiot!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:51 pm 

xxx

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Last edited by Trendmonger on Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:12 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
My guess is I think Dale got in way over a level head and had so many things going on and what she thought was reliable help turned into a very bad neglect situation where cats died and lived off the dead because they were locked up in a house.

fuck you, trendmonger.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:40 pm 

Seriously, you cannot even think about comparing Dale Bozzio to Gwen Stefani. I've seen both bands live and the differences are huge. Gwen is actually a hell of a singer and gives an energetic live performance, bouncing around the entire stage. When I saw MP, Dale just stood their holding on to her mikestand for support. Sure, she had a killer body, but she had no idea how to use it. As for her quirky, hick-uppy singing style, it was cute, but both Lene Lovich and Cindy Lauper did it far better. And as for Freaky-Styley.... No one compared to Nina Hagen.