Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:41 pm 

On Halloween, I actively realized that it had been a full 365 days since I attended the Halloween 2008 Blender Theatre show. That was kind of.........physically unnerving. While I understand that the realization of the YCFOSA recordings became an entirely different beast for DZ and the production crew, I believe that a wait this long deserves some reparation, making it an entirely different beast to those who have been so patient.

It should be only right that an attendee of any one of the YCFOSA shows be entitled to download each and every recording. One bonus recording (Chicago #1) isn't enough. It would have been enough if we had gotten them in any timely fashion after that. We didn't. There needs to be more, and the minimum is being able to hear each and every show. I'm surprised no one has asked for a portion of the exorbitant ticket fee that went to this part of the deal returned to them.

This really doesn't warrant any discussion. If you agree, just reply saying that this would make it worth the wait.

Dweezil Zappa, when wilt thou save the people?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:51 am 

This is my take on this bad business situation...I don't expect any other free shit..I would just appreciate what I bought. The whole concept of a free download with each concert is just a play on words. When I bought the tickets it was part of the package...I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way! I do have the first two shows from Chicago but I am still waiting for Chicago #3. so the reality is I didn't get anything extra. Once and If I receive that show...I would be willing to pay for the others of my choice! That's what I don't get...Dweezil could make money off of these downloads if he chose to. I'm sure a lot of fans would agree with me on this one! Dweezil has cashed my checks over a year ago... No current updates/responses about this except Trendys bullshit...Dweezil...Grow Some Balls!! And I don't give a fuck if anyone doesn't agree with me...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:35 pm 

I just want what is coming to me that's all. I too was at the Blender Theater for the Halloween show. The cost of the show was a bit pricey but I thought with my "souvenier" download it was worth it. I liked the show except I couldn't see half the band or hear some of them as well as I was directly in from of DZ's amp. I was hoping that the download would provide me with the missing sound elements. Now it has been over a year and we are still waiting. The fact that since the summer there has been little word from anyone from ZFT, Barfko Swill or from DZ himself, has really turned me off to the whole Zappa Plays Zappa experience. As much as I love Frank's music, I don't think I'll pay for another DZPZ (or whatever?) show.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:39 pm 

I agree.. I want new projects but I won't buy anything from the ZFT. until I get my Halloween download. This is complete bullshit ! Call me a crybaby or whatever the fuck you want, but this is bad business for all involved. the ZFT took my money and ran. Trendy is a douchebag ! When are his predictions going to come true? Probably never.....Maybe next Halloween. 374 days and counting. Nothing from nothing leaves nothing...... That's what I have....A whole pocket full. It's too late to dispute the credit card charges for not giving what was promised. Plus the fine print of giving me Chicago #1. I still say Bullshit ! Give us all the downloads from YCFTOS. Greedy bastards! On to the next project without finishing the last. BULLSHIT !!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:41 pm 

They're Only In It For The Money !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:35 pm 

What the Hell was I thinking?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:10 am 

Petition to have all of these threads in one big thread.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:12 am 

For fans to start thinking that each and every YCFOSA Download to be delivered
to each and every attendee of any given YCFOSA concert FREE AS THE WIND
seems to open a can of worms. I just don't see how attending one show entitles anyone to 18
or however many YCFOSA shows there were. I would like to be fair and offer some optimism
for all Zappa fans to appreciate the recordings from this tour.

The YCFOSA Projects already have a general outline of a trinity so to speak of Downloads, CDs & DVDs.
I find it fair that the concert attendees will get their Downloads and but also anyone
will have the opportunity to purchase CDs & DVDs. Some fans have requested the ability to purchase
any given download show but the CDs & DVDs minimally should offer them opportunities that offers superior
eyes and ear solutions. If at some point in time Download Purchases are made available that may be a nice
offering but my priority is based on previous outlined projects and that is Downloads of a given show for Ticket Purchasers
and CDs & DVDs for the masses.

I could see where a streamed Dweezil Zappa Plays Zappa Radio & Video Station
offers those who had lived in less fortunate parts of the world the ability to hear
a sampling of selections from performances throughout the tour. Just as the
Son of Roxy Preview is a sampling of ZPZs forthcoming Son OF Roxy DVD
I could see where the DZPZ Radio & Video Stations could give samplings
of YCFOSA and but also archival DZPZs tours 2006-Present.
Dweezil has a Room Service Rig. The optimistic view has Dweezil treating
us with a sampling of audio nuggets from day one.

Personally I see things beyond the ZappaPlaysZappa MYSPACE & Youtube Pages
but until then once again here is a sampling from Son Of Roxy Dec 12, 2008.

:arrow:
Son of Roxy & Elsewhere - DVD Preview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wb-b4s-0ps&fmt=22

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:43 pm 

I don't think attending one show entitles anyone to 18 or however many YCFOSA shows there were, but it would be a nice gesture for waiting over a YEAR for something promised in a little over a week. I don't think ZPZ would like to get PAID more than 1 year after a gig. That's how I feel about my download.....It is the big payoff for me....The thing that made it worth it. Hearing the songs I voted for. Trendy you just don't get it ....your head is too far up your ass.
Personally I would like to see my download notification in my email.
I would like to see those other things you mentioned also....AFTER WE GET OUR F-ING DOWNLOADS !
What happened to your cryptic Halloween prediction ? 2010?
Still nothing. Read it and weep !
The Sister.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:55 pm 

i don't give a shit about son of roxy dvd.

give me ZAPPA's music!

A '55 Chevy that his brother just stoled

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:40 pm 

manichispanic wrote:

give me ZAPPA's music!

Here, here! My sentiments exactly.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:45 pm 

manichispanic wrote:

give me ZAPPA's music!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:21 pm 

I want it all....Starting with my download !!!!!!!!