All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:32 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
zootallurs wrote:
Dweezil doesn't live here anymore.
He didn't even squat here.
Where's the smiley?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:59 am 

You people are still waiting for these DL's? It was nice thought and gesture by DZ, but he should have known the amount of work it would take to fully tweak all these releases to make them album quality is beyond comprehension. They should have done like everyone else does nowdays, 24-48 hours of touch-up and done.

Dont make promises you cannot keep. Or will take you years to fulfill. Sounds like something else doesn't it?(::cough cough:: ROXY!)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:18 am 

ZappaIsAZombie wrote:
You people are still waiting for these DL's? It was nice thought and gesture by DZ, but he should have known the amount of work it would take to fully tweak all these releases to make them album quality is beyond comprehension. They should have done like everyone else does nowdays, 24-48 hours of touch-up and done.

Dont make promises you cannot keep. Or will take you years to fulfill. Sounds like something else doesn't it?(::cough cough:: ROXY!)

Yes I quite agree. I would have made an effort to see the last tour, but I really don't care anymore. I figure if I get my download, great, if not, I'll spend my money on FZ releases and that's it. ZPZ or DZPZ is just another cover band to me. Sort of like if the offspring of the beatles get together to play Beatles songs, its not the Beatles, is it?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:03 pm 

polydigm wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
zootallurs wrote:
Dweezil doesn't live here anymore.
He didn't even squat here.
Where's the smiley?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:37 pm 

Diesel DumDum wrote:
How about if all the folks expecting downloads ....two for me.... Would get a free copy of the ZPZ Roxy DVD and the new ZPZ cd and call it even?

And then....Gail will open up the vault for tours, and then Snow White will be kissed by the prince....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:48 pm 

zappa headphones at all times on the battle ground out theres THEM DAM SHITS DAM WERID :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Try it

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:23 pm 

Just when you need the translater who speaks craptoe...he's on another thread...dam it... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:01 pm 

Plook wrote:
Just when you need the translater who speaks craptoe...he's on another thread...dam it... :mrgreen:
you don't need a translator to decipher the crap spewed forth by babystufforhobostuff, do you?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:31 pm 

Lumpy Gravy wrote:
Plook wrote:
you don't need a translator to decipher the crap spewed forth by babystufforhobostuff, do you?

No I can identify Babycrap or Hobocrap from some distance... :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:45 pm 

Diesel DumDum wrote:
I know but hope springs eternal in my fertile mind so be gentle so it wont hurt so much when I have my hard landing

I think people are being way too hard on Dweezil, and I'm sick of them joking about not getting their downloads. Give the guy a break, he's incredibly busy!

By the way, I hear if the downloads are released this year, Dr Pepper will give everyone a free can of Dr. Pepper.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:25 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Diesel DumDum wrote:
I know but hope springs eternal in my fertile mind so be gentle so it wont hurt so much when I have my hard landing

I think people are being way too hard on Dweezil, and I'm sick of them joking about not getting their downloads. Give the guy a break, he's incredibly busy!

By the way, I hear if the downloads are released this year, Dr Pepper will give everyone a free can of Dr. Pepper.

I'm sure you meant this with humor, but this whole download thing has become a fucking joke. He promised there would be updates on his website, but not since Dweezil Zappaworld went live. I don't care how busy he is, he made a commitment to those of us who attended those shows back in 2008 for Christ sakes. It's now 2010! What the fiuck?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:23 am 

zootallurs wrote:
................, but this whole download thing has become a fucking joke.
He promised there would be updates on his website,
but not since Dweezil Zappaworld went live.
I don't care how busy he is, he made a commitment to those of us who attended those shows
back in 2008 for Christ sakes. It's now 2010! What the fiuck?

I am not sure what website you visit but your comment leaves me to conclude you have
not given due diligence in the matter that Dweezil had addressed at DweezilZappWorld.

Considering the topic here which states "Time to stop being nice"
you may not have noticed additional updates/comments Dweezil had made because you are focused with negativity
here instead of spending time in that community where DZ and community members were active in
discussing some more details in various related threads on the issue at hand.

Now you see it , Now you don't ....
but in the end the original YCFOSA Download Info he published is all that is necessary.
So if you think Dweezil promised updates and that has not been delivered you are grossly mistaken.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:56 pm 

Trendmonger wrote:
zootallurs wrote:
................, but this whole download thing has become a fucking joke.
He promised there would be updates on his website,
but not since Dweezil Zappaworld went live.
I don't care how busy he is, he made a commitment to those of us who attended those shows
back in 2008 for Christ sakes. It's now 2010! What the fiuck?

I am not sure what website you visit but your comment leaves me to conclude you have
not given due diligence in the matter that Dweezil had addressed at DweezilZappWorld.

Considering the topic here which states "Time to stop being nice"
you may not have noticed additional updates/comments Dweezil had made because you are focused with negativity
here instead of spending time in that community where DZ and community members were active in
discussing some more details in various related threads on the issue at hand.

Now you see it , Now you don't ....
but in the end the original YCFOSA Download Info he published is all that is necessary.
So if you think Dweezil promised updates and that has not been delivered you are grossly mistaken.

Trend,

Thank you for sharing but I have given his web site "due diligence". I know what I read on there and keep checking out his YCFOSA area. The message hasn't changed since the first one. I'm really not that negative and I'm quite sure DZ is buzy. I really don't have the time or patience to check on a daily basis. I hope you are right and we'll get the best sounding downloads from him. I posted my message mainly because this topic was being used as a place where jokesters like to play and was getting off target. If you hear anything that our shows are iminent, please post it here.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:27 am 

im geting a flyswatter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:08 pm 

Dear Crybabies:

SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!

You're all such pussies that you probably bathe with vinegar and water. I haven't seen such a collection of bellyaching twats since the last time I attempted to see through a Republican National Convention broadcast.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:03 pm 

blsabob23 wrote:
Dear Crybabies:

SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!

You're all such pussies that you probably bathe with vinegar and water. I haven't seen such a collection of bellyaching twats since the last time I attempted to see through a Republican National Convention broadcast.

Are you trying to censor them?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:01 pm 

"The audio for the downloads is being worked on simultaneously. I have a new team of people helping me with that."
-Dweezil, Feb 24, 2010 at 07:30 PM http://dweezilzappaworld.com/posts/212-austin/comments

Me personally, I'd rather wait for a good mix than get a so-so mix right away.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:01 pm 

When is Dweezil gonna rewrite "The Real Frank Zappa Book" word for word? That should be worth at least 80 bucks a book. Zappa writes Zappa!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:59 am 

downer mydnyte wrote:
When is Dweezil gonna rewrite "The Real Frank Zappa Book" word for word? That should be worth at least 80 bucks a book. Zappa writes Zappa!

At last! My first laugh of the day! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:28 pm 

:) I'm glad you laughed.

But seriously, you'd pay 80 dollars for the Zappa writes Zappa book, wouldn't you?
What if he put a fur replica of the Zappa 'stash and beard on the book cover? Or a bonus chapter with the words "wonderment" and "extravaganza" in it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:12 pm 

Roxy & Son of Roxy.What a stocking stuffer! With a west coast tour that ends up at the Mondavi Center,Davis, CA.,or The Crest in Sac.,or Berkeley Community Theater,or The Concord Pavillion,CA.,or The Bob Hope Theater in downtown Stockton,or Calavaras County Fair grounds.or.......my house and or apartment,its better than the gym at UC Davis.or...not. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:01 am 

I'm guessing the download show idea was well intentioned but just not planned well enough and sometimes you just cannot factor in the things that happen along the way. Divorce and things cropping up. Zappa fans are indeed rabid in many ways so I can understand the grumbling. I have decided though that I have no control over it so why keep myself all apeshit and pissed.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:08 am 

Phlakaton wrote:
I'm guessing the download show idea was well intentioned but just not planned well enough and sometimes you just cannot factor in the things that happen along the way. Divorce and things cropping up. Zappa fans are indeed rabid in many ways so I can understand the grumbling. I have decided though that I have no control over it so why keep myself all apeshit and pissed.

Amen...someone using commen sense and reason... 8)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:00 pm 

Plook wrote:
Phlakaton wrote:

Amen...someone using commen sense and reason... 8)

I know but hope springs eternal in my fertile mind so be gentle so it wont hurt so much when I have my hard landing!
I have cum to the unfortunate conclusion that Dweezil is an %^#@&

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:49 pm 

Dweezil had it all handed to him. Every single note. He never had to create anything original to be noticed. He's spoiled. Good for him. I have never given him a cent for anything except for his dad's recordings. I can't believe he gets away with charging what he does for his clone music. It's hilarious.

Last edited by downer mydnyte on Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.