Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:12 am 

Complaining ≠ Whining

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:17 am 

your fucked opinion. (or are you some lame-ass who likes being plooked?)Don't you have some ass kissing thread to troll? I WILL complain until this is made right.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:35 am 

bob r wrote:
your fucked opinion. (or are you some lame-ass who likes being plooked?)Don't you have some ass kissing thread to troll? I WILL complain until this is made right.

:mrgreen: :P 8) :P :mrgreen: :P

"I'm petulant & I'm having a frenzy"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:06 am 

bob r wrote:
I WILL complain until this is made right.

It seems like if you want to complain about it this might not be the greatest place anymore. Go to the source:
http://dweezilzappaworld.com/forums/1/p ... fosa-shows

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:51 am 

dchale wrote:
The downloads were one of the reasons the tickets were more expensive. My opinion is that the main reason, in most cases at least, that the tickets were more expensive is that the concerts were held in smaller venues. I'm glad I attended even without having received the download for the show I attended (Oct. 19th at the Morse in Chicago). It was a memorable experience and I'd pay the price again without a second thought. I still think that Dweezil will come through on this for us. Patience is a virtue and the quality of my life has not diminished due to not having the received the download of the concert I attended. I have plenty of Zappa music to listen to. And I will see ZPZ again if they come to the Wisconsin/Illinois area again. In fact I'm contemplating a road trip with my wife to LA to see the ZPZ/Jeff Beck show.

Have fun ripping into me, I don't care!

These individuals are incapable of ripping you, they may thrash out like small children who have not been raised correctly, but they lack the were-with-all to form a cohesive argument for why they are having their tantrum, due to their immaturity.

They cannot get a handle on the fact all across this country and the world that people and entities have had to cut back and therefore may not be able to follow thru on all their good intentioned plans. So like a child that does not get ice cream on a trip they whine and whine…I WANT MY ICE CREAM YOU PROMISED. You know some have had pay cuts, furloughs, lost jobs, insurance, 401K’s, homes…you lost a specific download…AND STILL GOT A DOWNLOAD…WTF…

If we take Dweezil at his word he had individuals who were to be involved in this ambitious task that did not follow thru, fair enough. Now during Hard Times USA would the whiners have him pour money into this project, which may put the bands ability to tour effectively in the future at risk.

Let’s face it you did not pay that much more for your ticket and you got an intimate setting and a free download. I would be willing to bet I paid as much as you did during that leg of that tour ($100.00) and we got no intimate setting (I am in one of the big 3 market areas) and no download.

Therefore I will have to do for these whiners what their incompetent parents did not do…stop your fucking whining and off to bed with you and no dinner...even though they are grown, since they are not mature it may be possible to fix them…I am an optimist.

:wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:06 am 

Zappa Plays Zappa :arrow: http://musictravellerstwo.blogspot.com/ ... il%20Zappa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:46 pm 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Complaining ≠ Whining

bob r wrote:

Lemme explain something...
≠ means "is not equal to"
If Complaining is not equal to Whining, you might understand that I think that you might complain about something without deserving to be called a whiner... but if you want to haul off at me anway, well... :|
Or maybe you are viewing from a small screen, so you thought it was an equal sign rather than...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:38 pm 

Complaining ≠ Whining

bob r wrote:

Lemme explain something...
≠ means "is not equal to"
If Complaining is not equal to Whining, you might understand that I think that you might complain about something without deserving to be called a whiner... but if you want to haul off at me anway, well... :|
Or maybe you are viewing from a small screen, so you thought it was an equal sign rather than...

Trust me all if this knuckleheads screens are small, they always whine....I mean complain the most...it's a way of life... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:39 pm 

Plook wrote:
Trust me all if this knuckleheads screens are small, they always whine....I mean complain the most...it's a way of life... :mrgreen:

Plook is being mean!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:41 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Plook wrote:

Plook is being mean!

I guess I could just served some cheese and crackers to go with... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:30 pm 

Plook wrote:

I guess maybe I don't trust you then. I try not to make broad-based judgements about people based on their frequency of complaints. I suppose I fail at that often enough, but I try to let content factor in more for me. Besides, I need to complain once in a while myself. Sometimes, just about people who paint shit sunny for no reason at all. "Shiny happy people holding hands..." bleah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:44 pm 

Dweezil Zappa wrote:
Some folks out there seem to be confused. I did not offer or promote the concerts in the way you are describing. The ticket price was for the concert performance. The download was mentioned as an incentive because I wanted to make those shows special for everyone. I didn't have to offer that, it's a bonus memory of the concert, I thought that would be a nice experience for people.

There were no mentions of buying an add on download for an additional price. The ticket price was for the performance itself.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:53 pm 

Plook wrote:

I guess maybe I don't trust you then. I try not to make broad-based judgements about people based on their frequency of complaints. I suppose I fail at that often enough, but I try to let content factor in more for me. Besides, I need to complain once in a while myself. Sometimes, just about people who paint shit sunny for no reason at all. "Shiny happy people holding hands..." bleah

I agree a lot of people are trying to spray paint piles of crap and call it art...you don't need to trust me, you don't know me...but those on the forum who do know I'm a straight shooter. In a normal situation I would have been upset concerning the downloads, but there is nothing normal about the situation the US or any other nation in the world is now in. We got raped by the rich and everything has changed.

As to complaining, hey I love it as much as the next person, I’m Italian. But when you take it to the level of an 8 year old child demanding his toy regardless of the fact that his father lost his job...that’s a self-indulgent tantrum. Remember the scene in the Godfather when the Don slaps Johnny at the wedding for whining about the movie he needs to be in and tells him to pull himself together, that’s what these bambino’s need.

I never said anything and agreed with these people to a certain degree initially, but then when they received the download for Chicago and a brief explanation of why the downloads where not ready…they acted like they were being denied a birth right. I will say Dweezil could have been more regular and forthcoming with his updates, but he seems really busy…but for the sake of argument his bad.

Bottom line there is nothing sun shiny about the economic upheaval and people better get used to big changes, I have and I know others on this forum have seen worse. Only an insulated spoiled brat could whine any longer concerning this subject, because a real man or women like the ones I’ve raised would hold their head in shame for acting so infantile.

:!:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:32 pm 

Plook wrote:
I agree a lot of people are trying to spray paint piles of crap and call it art...you don't need to trust me, you don't know me...but those on the forum who do know I'm a straight shooter. In a normal situation I would have been upset concerning the downloads, but there is nothing normal about the situation the US or any other nation in the world is now in. We got raped by the rich and everything has changed.

As to complaining, hey I love it as much as the next person, I’m Italian. But when you take it to the level of an 8 year old child demanding his toy regardless of the fact that his father lost his job...that’s a self-indulgent tantrum. Remember the scene in the Godfather when the Don slaps Johnny at the wedding for whining about the movie he needs to be in and tells him to pull himself together, that’s what these bambino’s need.

I never said anything and agreed with these people to a certain degree initially, but then when they received the download for Chicago and a brief explanation of why the downloads where not ready…they acted like they were being denied a birth right. I will say Dweezil could have been more regular and forthcoming with his updates, but he seems really busy…but for the sake of argument his bad.

Bottom line there is nothing sun shiny about the economic upheaval and people better get used to big changes, I have and I know others on this forum have seen worse. Only an insulated spoiled brat could whine any longer concerning this subject, because a real man or women like the ones I’ve raised would hold their head in shame for acting so infantile.

:!:

The situation as it stands is screwed up with many people in opposing camps. People feel cheated and are saying so in whatever way THEY feel the need to. Its not your need but you are free to disagree with them. In fact I would encourage you to express yourself at all times, including now. As I see it, on one side of your coin you are making fun of your opposition's expression of their opinion, and on the other, you are, um, whining about their need to do so. Alot.
Relation of this to a world-view is as easy as wishing your opponents the same freedom of expression as you expect them to offer you.
Howz about a cheezy quote to lighten the moody? One that in this situation can apply to DZ, the ZFT, the-angry-at-the-ZFT, and the-angry-at-the-angry-at-the-ZFT...

And he thought of those he angered,
For he was not a violent man,
And he thought of those he hurt
For he was not a cruel man
And he thought of those he frightened
For he was not an evil man,
And he understood.
He understood himself.

Upon this he saw that when he was of anger or knew hurt or felt fear,
It was because he was not understanding,
And he learned, compassion

And with his eye of compassion.
He saw his enemies like unto himself.

... enough of that and this for me for now

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:04 pm 

warts n' all .. why not ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:19 pm 

Well said The Forum Killed Arkay but I am an easy going guy although very cynical, the level of venom set me off and I own that, I am a good opponent (its fun). Love the quote, but it leaves me with a question concerning posts of yours in other threads...Do you hold that same compassionate love for the SPAMMERS who are expressing their free speech, cause you apparently wish them dead? That has to be throwing a wrench in the works of that whole "I felt what I saw and the fear and the hurt" thing. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:57 am 

thoughtful post, thanks for your insight.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:01 am 

And he thought of those he angered,
For he was not a violent man,
And he thought of those he hurt
For he was not a cruel man
And he thought of those he frightened
For he was not an evil man,
And he understood.
He understood himself.

Upon this he saw that when he was of anger or knew hurt or felt fear,
It was because he was not understanding,
And he learned, compassion

And with his eye of compassion.
He saw his enemies like unto himself.

Keeping the balance, or feeling a little moody? I hope you've not got the blues.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:17 am 

Plook wrote:
Well said The Forum Killed Arkay but I am an easy going guy although very cynical, the level of venom set me off and I own that, I am a good opponent (its fun). Love the quote, but it leaves me with a question concerning posts of yours in other threads...Do you hold that same compassionate love for the SPAMMERS who are expressing their free speech, cause you apparently wish them dead? That has to be throwing a wrench in the works of that whole "I felt what I saw and the fear and the hurt" thing. :wink:

If the following is what you are referencing, then no, I don't wish them dead, but they are the only ones that I would wish gone from the Forum
WTF, more banning of the FZ Board?
Imo, the only people who should be banned here are spammers, and people who act like spammers such as Charles Baer.
Sure, I totally wish Trendy was gone, but banning him would be wrong. Why people don't appreciate free speech over their own personal tastes and affiliations is beyond me.

just plain doug wrote:
Keeping the balance, or feeling a little moody? I hope you've not got the blues.

Thanx for the question jpd. I'm not a melancholy man, just wondering how is it we are here.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:06 am 

So I take it we are all back in love now...just in time for Heart Day...don't send me candy I am watching my figure... :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:24 pm 

I think the abstemious plaints have some justification.