Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:21 pm 

Its funny. ya'll still think yer getting downloads! Ha!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:44 pm 

DAMNIT Joel, why do have to step on my dreams? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:01 pm 

Maybe the Zappa's should take a cue from Les Claypool, I don't remember having to wait long at all to get a copy of Primus last stop for Tour de Frommage. I paid I dunno 40 bucks to see the show, Got to see Primus make fun of the president only a block away from the white house. Some whamola, Tim Alexander, Larry Lalonde, some serrrious rockin out. Paid 13 dollars for a 3 cd Flac of the show. Money well spent.

Dweezil's let me quote him "dinner theatre" at the Birchmere. 120 bucks for the ticket, drove 3 hours to expect awesomeness, got awesomeness, BUT Other than Billy the mountain, I still heard the same songs I paid less for in Norfolk, and Richmond (technical difficulties). No download. I don't care about Chicago one bit. The memories are attached to the shows I saw not shows others did.
AND you aint gettin no more of my money till you deliver. 1 show missed since dc, and I think you're comin through in January. Now Thats 2.

Dweezil, Remember the guy who handed you the "Zappa for president bumper sticker"? Thats me. I made no attempt to sell them, I had them made and just gave them away as it was an election year and found it oh so appropriate for DC When I gave it to you, you frowned.

One more... If there aint no option but a substitute, I'll accept it. So please either LET substitute's play the music, put out the music, upload the videos, and quit crying about it OR do what the man who started it all did and get it out there.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:32 pm 

brerrobot wrote:
Maybe the Zappa's should take a cue from Les Claypool, I don't remember having to wait long at all to get a copy of Primus last stop for Tour de Frommage. I paid I dunno 40 bucks to see the show, Got to see Primus make fun of the president only a block away from the white house. Some whamola, Tim Alexander, Larry Lalonde, some serrrious rockin out. Paid 13 dollars for a 3 cd Flac of the show. Money well spent.

Dweezil's let me quote him "dinner theatre" at the Birchmere. 120 bucks for the ticket, drove 3 hours to expect awesomeness, got awesomeness, BUT Other than Billy the mountain, I still heard the same songs I paid less for in Norfolk, and Richmond (technical difficulties). No download. I don't care about Chicago one bit. The memories are attached to the shows I saw not shows others did.
AND you aint gettin no more of my money till you deliver. 1 show missed since dc, and I think you're comin through in January. Now Thats 2.

Dweezil, Remember the guy who handed you the "Zappa for president bumper sticker"? Thats me. I made no attempt to sell them, I had them made and just gave them away as it was an election year and found it oh so appropriate for DC When I gave it to you, you frowned.

One more... If there aint no option but a substitute, I'll accept it. So please either LET substitute's play the music, put out the music, upload the videos, and quit crying about it OR do what the man who started it all did and get it out there.

What a rebel...your so awesome... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:15 am 

The Tour De Frommage was amazing. We caught it in Tampa. Too bad they didn't wind up doing Frizzle Fry the next year, but then again they did do "Too Many Puppies" as part of the encore if I remember correctly. I still haven't bought the down load.

"Whose foot is to be the measure to which ours are all to be cut or stretched? Is a priest to be our inquisitor, or shall a layman, simple as ourselves, set up his reason as the rule for what we are to read and what we must believe?" T.J.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:53 am 

Glad to see that some folks agree , we won't spend another penny on ANY music or merchandise from ZFT until he makes this right. If we all hold tight to that policy sooner or later lagging sales will impress him.Dweezil made the commitment, he is the one responsible for all these negative thoughts. I mean what does it take for someone to keep his word?(for what his word is worth these days!)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:55 am 

Over at his new site, the Dweez' says he's gonna come through on the obligation.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:04 am 

bob r wrote:
Glad to see that some folks agree , we won't spend another penny on ANY music or merchandise from ZFT until he makes this right. If we all hold tight to that policy sooner or later lagging sales will impress him. Dweezil made the commitment, he is the one responsible for all these negative thoughts. I mean what does it take for someone to keep his word?(for what his word is worth these days!)

Some Of These Negative Thoughts can be applied to a whole set of scenarios going back to when FZ disbanded the original Mothers of Invention and moved his project/object forward doing other things that each in their own right in my opinion fit quite well into FZs finely honed American Composers Mountain. I have appreciated the entire cannon since 1967 and I can't see a free download delay getting in my way of ZFT and DZPZ projects. But way back when in 1969 just as many opposed FZs breakup of the original mothers I am an extreme opposite camper to those with a finite ideal dreaming of what the original Mother Of Invention may have achieved for 40 years under FZs creation and direction .

Now some might think this is out of left field and has no context in this subject but the exact relevant subject is
those that closed their eyes to Zappa's work after 1969 because they could not for any given reason accept the change of artist direction
where are they today. No artist has a cannon like FZ. It's not that their is no other music but FZ is a pioneer whose accomplishments have
a level of importance in my lifestyle that others can not hold a candle to. The manner in which DZPZ performs the composers work is something I and many feel is an important being in their lives.

I don't feel compelled to get into some long diatribe as to why you or anyone who holds onto your boycott ideals should retract and follow
whatever the path is that the ZFT or DZPZ sets forth. Truthfully I feel what Dweezil is doing with DZPZ is his own thing and separate entity from ZFT Vault projects.
I feel 100% confident the ZPZ YCFOSA Downlaods will be completed and they will be ready when they are ready. Chicago #1 is fine for me until then.
Regardless I am enjoying ZFT releases, DZPZ live shows and projects be it alone, those in my inner circle or with a community of friendly people who like the same thing as me.
Those that are digging it while it is happening strike a common chord and those that have a war agenda just as any war they will accomplish nothing and only shoot themselves in the foot. If you or any warmonger happens to shoot mine or any of the many Zappa fans feet with your war agenda you will have far more unhappy Zappa fans that will all stem from your energy not that of Dweezil Zappa. I leave here laughing in your ideology thinking that Dweezil is the one causing the negativity. The laugh fades away real quickly as I seriously enjoy each and every project the ZFT and DZ brings forth. I can only hope somebody puts The Big Squeeze on this War Agenda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAUvFst5bOI

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Last edited by Trendmonger on Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:55 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsYk8-Yzxj0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:04 am 

I'm completely pissed off about having to wait well over a year for this thing. In any other type of transaction, I would be going beserk on them, and would have DEFINITELY started boycotting them months ago. But I'm not boycotting here for some reason. I guess it's the accumulation of good will I have for Frank over the years that's allows me to spare Dweezil and Gail on this. So far.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:43 am 

I see Trendmonger is still waging his war flag agenda against those who treat the downloads as a product, and not as a Privilege. :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:49 pm 

When you pay 2 to 3 times the going rate for tickets to a show and the guy you are paying to see has told you that your expensive tickets entitle you to a recording of THAT show and you don't receive that part of your show for a year or more how is that a "privilige" and not a product you haven't received? As far as how this situation is comparable to Frank going it alone vs.fronting the mothers way back is really a total stretch, none of the fans at that time ever questioned Frank's solo move that I heard and Hot Rats certainly wasn't a disapointment, -and as far as how we may hurt Dweezil's feelings and affect how he treats the "vast" amount of fans not promised downloads it seems that he really does't give a shit- otherwse he would finish these downloads he has already been paid for rather then release new "products" that will bring in yet more revenue. I personally can wait for future Frank releases 'till the Dweez makes it right.After all, Frank don't need the cash!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:37 am 

Today marks exactly 1 year since I attended the show at the Roxy. I am still waiting. At least Dweezil is keeping folks informed on his newly created site. I guess under the circumstances, I cn't ask for much more.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:48 am 

After so much time, a cheap bootleg recording from the audience, would be preferable to further waiting. Even the official recording with minimal mixdown or a single mic capture, would be better than waiting longer.

I still have my 3 http://nugs.net/zappa lottery tickets. Thought the lottery was only for the guitar, not the downloads as well.

From what I can tell, I don't have access to any concert downloads from the 2008 tour. But I have, ever since registering my lottery numbers, gotten spam email from livedownloads.com, each of which I have briefly scanned for any Zappa news and each time I have been disappointed.

It's kind of a bummer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:24 am 

YCFOSA Download Info

The 2008 "You Can't Fit On Stage Anymore" downloads have been delayed for many reasons. I apologize for all of the delays.

As we approach the new year I have some lengthy breaks between tours and have studio time scheduled to complete these shows.

More regular updates on the status of these downloads will be posted here.

For clarification, only the code holding audience members from the YCFOSA tour are eligible to receive the downloads. Only the YCFOSA tour offered such downloads.

This info is from http://www.Dweezilzappaworld.com

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:35 am 

Tripmyster wrote:
YCFOSA Download Info

The 2008 "You Can't Fit On Stage Anymore" downloads have been delayed for many reasons. I apologize for all of the delays.

As we approach the new year I have some lengthy breaks between tours and have studio time scheduled to complete these shows.

For clarification, only the code holding audience members from the YCFOSA tour are eligible to receive the downloads. Only the YCFOSA tour offered such downloads.

When was this posted, and have their been any updates since? Just curious.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:57 am 

thejonesfactor wrote:
Today marks exactly 1 year since I attended the show at the Roxy. I am still waiting. At least Dweezil is keeping folks informed on his newly created site. I guess under the circumstances, I cn't ask for much more.

wow,only a year huh,i guess you really can't ask for much more. i on the other hand have been waiting since oct 22 and the 23rd of 2000 and fucking 8!! no need to rush,no need to delivery what i paid for,no need for a anything at all really you have my fucking money...what else do you really need??? my understanding....no no no just please please please more posts about vermin and toys...wow what swindlers the zappas have turned into and me,well i take full blame for this as i was suckered into it.
remember a great man once said 'there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over'

Last edited by eric hasler on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:25 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Tripmyster wrote:
YCFOSA Download Info

When was this posted, and have their been any updates since? Just curious.

This was Posted mid December & there are no other updates on the subject.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:16 am 

As far as I know, DZPZ (the new band name) is still on tour. So NO new updates. Did anyone really expect one? Basically it has come down to DZ wanting to release multiple high quality live shows. To do one show at a time is simply an unrealistic goal. We won't have those YCFOSA anytime soon. I will buy new FZ releases but will NOT spend one dime on any ZPZ or DZ product until I get my download. If Dweezil hope to get new fans, I wish him luck because he sure is losing many of us longtime Zappa fans.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:13 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
"nothing good will become of an extreme fanatical war agenda against Dweezil Zappa and or the ZFT"

Prove this. Give evidence of this. If not, shut up. Your blather is off base. People want to know where something they paid for is. Maybe you go around buying stuff and telling the salespeople "I don't know when I'll get my merchandise and really don't care, but I'll praise you until I do." They've handled it badly. Period. That's not some fanatical pogrom against the ZFT, it's reality. A little more communication from Dweezil would have gone a long way. "They aren't going to be ready for awhile because of my quality standards" or "We're still working on these." Twice a month. How hard is that?

You know what I think, and it's probably just my opinion? They need somebody to fill in for Dweezil when he's touring. But there's probably trust and money issues there. But it seems to me it's all on him.

wow, Cal,
I don't think I've ever seen you so verbose before.
And I happed to agree with you on all points.
Fuck I didn't even go to one of those shows so I have no dog in this fight.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:18 am 

You folks can go on his website and ask him directly if you'd like... he's there all the time, perhaps it's more fun to bash DZpZ and their short comings from this safe distance...?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:26 am 

SolDad wrote:
You folks can go on his website and ask him directly if you'd like... he's there all the time, perhaps it's more fun to bash DZpZ and their short comings from this safe distance...?

I think you're under the delusion that they are two different things. "Gosh, I don't have anything to do with that official stuff over there on that forum!"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:42 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
SolDad wrote:

I think you're under the delusion that they are two different things. "Gosh, I don't have anything to do with that official stuff over there on that forum!"

Not sure what your point is here Cal...? this site is Gail's, The DZW site is strictly DZ's... No delusion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:48 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
SolDad wrote:

I hate to look at this from ZFT point of view since they offered you all a download of the show you went too, they did subsequently offer the Chicago shows to everyone, so you were given the opportunity to download a show. At this point I think that is all your going to get unless by some miracle "Hard times USA" ends and they can afford to bring in more people to help complete the many projects they intended to make available including this one...I hope that was not to muddled, sometime I'm not the most articulate guy around.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:53 am 

SolDad wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
SolDad wrote:

Not sure what your point is here Cal...? this site is Gail's, The DZW site is strictly DZ's... No delusion

I'm talking business-wise, not separate forums. Isn't ZPZ and official representation of the ZFT?

Nevermind, you're right. But I know what he'd say anyway, since he's already posted it. That rant was more anger against Monger than Dweezil.

Last edited by calvin2hikers on Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next