Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:56 am 

Who's talking business...? My point was instead of bitching & moaning to the same bitter fans over & over again on this forum, perhaps go to the source & express yourself directly...?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:17 pm 

man it was more than a year ago. frankly I forgot all about it. I think it was way to optimistic of Dweezil to give out a well mastered recording of each show to everyone. We got Chicago, it's good enough. I'm not going to be a hard-ass and take Dweezil to court like some on this board want to. Those people aren't real FZ/DZ fans in my opinion, they are just assholes. As long as Dweezil comes back to Seattle soon, I won't get too upset!!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:00 am 

I just recieved an answer concerning downloads from Dweezil himself (less than 24 hours or so after posting!) and his reponse can be seen on his site (Dweezil Zappa's world) under freq. asked questions. His reply states that the people who committed to assisting him on the downloads bailed and he doesn't have time and we should all be patient as he gave us "Chicago". This is the first time I've heard that folks bailed on him which certainly explains the delay but does that mean he can bail on commitments to us? Why work on other projects and expect us to pay for those when we have already paid for the shows we attended? .I could have bought live downloads to other shows I didn't attend for a WHOLE lot cheaper than the well over $100 we spent per ticket. As far as the previous poster calling us "assholes", well, GET BENT! I mean did you even attend any of these shows? You may like getting bent over but I've been a Frank fan for over 40 years,own ALL of Frank's albums (on records,yet!)because we expect to recieve what we have been promised we are assholes? Let me know where in Seattle you are, I live in that area and would love to take a dump on that big fat head of yours! I'll be in
Seattle when Dweezil plays next but I'll just ask him why we should endorse anything he does until he takes care of previous commitments when he gets off the bus .I'm sure I can fit you in for a dump!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:52 pm 

Think of Shylock and his pound of flesh.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:26 am 

There have been many delays for various reasons that are not necessary to get into.

I'm not happy about the delays and I have apologized profusely as well as offered an extra added bonus in the form of an extra download. I have been doing my very best to get through the mountain of work. I'm sorry if some folks are feeling frustrated by this but I can only do so much as one person. The other folks that were meant to be helping me did not hold up their end of the bargain.

Fans who are discussing things like boycotts are entitled to their opinion and choose to do what ever they like. That group is certainly in the minority.

I will move forward on projects that present the best opportunities to expose the band and the music to a wider audience. That is the main objective of all of this, it is also what keeps the lights on in the studio so without those kinds of projects appearing first you most likely would experience even greater delays on your downloads.

I'm sure there will still be some folks out there who will continue to be frustrated. All I can do is apologize for the delays yet again and tell you that I appreciate your patience. I'm doing the best that I can do and that's all I can do.

There we have it a perfect explanation on why we are being plooked over,shyster I mean Dweezil has the audacity to use the word "honestly'. If we the folks who pay to keep those lights on didn't ask I can guarantee there would be no update from Mr Shyster,why would there be??? the hydro bill has been already paid. But thanks again Mr.Shyster I do appreciate why we have beem neglected all these past 15 months. As a side note can I borrow $125 pleae I will pay you back at the end of the week....I promise,oh and next time please use some lube when plooking,it makes it more palatable!!

Signed a very disgruntled fan of your fathers...but not a fan of you(anymore)...your father had more honesty.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:46 am 

My sentiments exactly!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:32 am 

What a bunch of assholes...get a life, do something that matters, help the poor, help a kid, help your community....or help yourself from looking like a moron, everyone knows the bottom fell out and shit changed, be glad you got Chicago and get a fucking life...what a bunch of idiots....disgusting.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:25 am 

Plook-I can tell from all your prev. postings what a great contributer to society at large you are , tell us more about all the wonderful and fufilling things you do since obviously you are such a role model to others!(i.e-see trendmonger's shit!)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:26 am 

bob r wrote:
I just recieved an answer concerning downloads from Dweezil himself (less than 24 hours or so after posting!) and his reponse can be seen on his site (Dweezil Zappa's world) under freq. asked questions. His reply states that the people who committed to assisting him on the downloads bailed and he doesn't have time and we should all be patient as he gave us "Chicago". This is the first time I've heard that folks bailed on him which certainly explains the delay but does that mean he can bail on commitments to us? Why work on other projects and expect us to pay for those when we have already paid for the shows we attended? .I could have bought live downloads to other shows I didn't attend for a WHOLE lot cheaper than the well over $100 we spent per ticket. As far as the previous poster calling us "assholes", well, GET BENT! I mean did you even attend any of these shows? You may like getting bent over but I've been a Frank fan for over 40 years,own ALL of Frank's albums (on records,yet!)because we expect to recieve what we have been promised we are assholes? Let me know where in Seattle you are, I live in that area and would love to take a dump on that big fat head of yours! I'll be in
Seattle when Dweezil plays next but I'll just ask him why we should endorse anything he does until he takes care of previous commitments when he gets off the bus .I'm sure I can fit you in for a dump!

eric hasler wrote:

There we have it a perfect explanation on why we are being plooked over,shyster I mean Dweezil has the audacity to use the word "honestly'. If we the folks who pay to keep those lights on didn't ask I can guarantee there would be no update from Mr Shyster,why would there be??? the hydro bill has been already paid. But thanks again Mr.Shyster I do appreciate why we have beem neglected all these past 15 months. As a side note can I borrow $125 pleae I will pay you back at the end of the week....I promise,oh and next time please use some lube when plooking,it makes it more palatable!!

Signed a very disgruntled fan of your fathers...but not a fan of you(anymore)...your father had more honesty.

:roll:
A little ugly on the side...! :P

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:29 am 

Help... you're a Rock! :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:32 am 

bob r wrote:

I'll mail you $10 today if you promise never to show up to another DZpZ show again and co-consume my oxygen ... 8)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:00 pm 

What the?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:08 pm 

since most people think we will never get our downloads you won't have to worry about me consuming "your" oxygen since we will not go! Besides,the brain-dead need so little oxygen you shoudn't worry about it. You might break a blood vessel from too much thinking (or is it drinking?)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:31 pm 

bob r wrote:
since most people think we will never get our downloads you won't have to worry about me consuming "your" oxygen since we will not go! Besides,the brain-dead need so little oxygen you shoudn't worry about it. You might break a blood vessel from too much thinking (or is it drinking?)

:P

...help , I'm a rock

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:17 pm 

bob r wrote:
Plook-I can tell from all your prev. postings what a great contributer to society at large you are , tell us more about all the wonderful and fufilling things you do since obviously you are such a role model to others!(i.e-see trendmonger's shit!)

You have no idea...I am single handedly responsible for a large segment of female society who are intelligent and contributing to the world...I helped with the innovation of what are now called Xtreme sports and I also played a major role in the building out of the Telecommunications backbone that is the internet...thank you very much.

All I am saying is ya' all are beating a dead horse, it wasn't that much more for the concert and you did get a live download...it is over...don't hate, move on...and for Christ sake stop the whining and crying...my god grow a backbone.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:03 pm 

Gosh, you sound like Al Gore for Christ's sake! Inventing the internet and extreme sports, wow. You guys should get together on a self-promotion speaking tour or something. If you don't like people complaining about shoddy treatment I suggest you stop looking at this thread. I mean if it's so terrible why don't you just kill yourself and do the rest of us a favor.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:49 pm 

I am sorry the Dweeze has seemingly put this on the permanent back burner. His latest response sounds like he's annoyed to be asked about the downloads. I understand he's had problems and that people he hoped to count on ditched. So, why not hire some new ones? Why not release any of the downloads he's actually finished (if any besides Chicago #1)? Why take on new projects when this one is sitting there staring at him? Previously I thought he was just overwhelmed by the amount of work. Now I think he's turned the corner into not caring about his commitment to his and Frank's fans, and thinks we are an irritant. The "I'm just one person" thing is silly at best, arrogant at worst.

Everyone knows you don't fuck with people's money. A deal is a deal.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:58 am 

bob r wrote:
Gosh, you sound like Al Gore for Christ's sake! Inventing the internet and extreme sports, wow. You guys should get together on a self-promotion speaking tour or something. If you don't like people complaining about shoddy treatment I suggest you stop looking at this thread. I mean if it's so terrible why don't you just kill yourself and do the rest of us a favor.

Now now Sarah Palin...I mean bob r...don't quote inaccurately or out of context....you don't want to seem petty...what a minute! You already did that by making your point here as if not getting a download was some major violation to mankind similar to genocide... :mrgreen:

As to Eddie (I'm really DD) kidding me...why such infrequent visits and so many other usernames, you must fear exposure and your almost certain banishment...that’s ok your secrete is safe with me...I rather like you in your more lucid moments...but alas you seem to get stuck on that ASS thing far too often... :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:47 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I am sorry the Dweeze has seemingly put this on the permanent back burner. His latest response sounds like he's annoyed to be asked about the downloads. I understand he's had problems and that people he hoped to count on ditched. So, why not hire some new ones? Why not release any of the downloads he's actually finished (if any besides Chicago #1)? Why take on new projects when this one is sitting there staring at him? Previously I thought he was just overwhelmed by the amount of work. Now I think he's turned the corner into not caring about his commitment to his and Frank's fans, and thinks we are an irritant. The "I'm just one person" thing is silly at best, arrogant at worst.

Everyone knows you don't fuck with people's money. A deal is a deal.

What the hell was he thinking? :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:22 pm 

Release it "as is". Let it be a document of the show they played.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:38 pm 

I'd be more than happy to have gotten a foh mix compared to nothing, I'd have recorded the show as I have Frank and others if not for the promise of a download to the show we attended .I guess from Dweezil's post if we don't support current releases he won't have the money or time for our downloads.Problem with that is that the money charged for our tickets included a download of the show we attended, and it was significantly more than twice what we paid for the previous three tours. Didn't the ticket price pay for that or did it go for some other project or expenditure?Does't this smack of extortion? Bocotting will only cause further delays? W.T.F.? As far as the asshole who should do us all a favor and just kill himself, go to another thread, troll.
I'm done with you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:03 pm 

bob r wrote:
I'd be more than happy to have gotten a foh mix compared to nothing, I'd have recorded the show as I have Frank and others if not for the promise of a download to the show we attended .I guess from Dweezil's post if we don't support current releases he won't have the money or time for our downloads.Problem with that is that the money charged for our tickets included a download of the show we attended, and it was significantly more than twice what we paid for the previous three tours. Didn't the ticket price pay for that or did it go for some other project or expenditure?Does't this smack of extortion? Bocotting will only cause further delays? W.T.F.? As far as the asshole who should do us all a favor and just kill himself, go to another thread, troll.
I'm done with you.

Such a kind and generous individual to spread all that love around, nary a happier individual have I seen...man cheviots…he doesn’t get it…oh well all the tools in the shed can’t be sharp I suppose…

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:13 pm 

The downloads were one of the reasons the tickets were more expensive. My opinion is that the main reason, in most cases at least, that the tickets were more expensive is that the concerts were held in smaller venues. I'm glad I attended even without having received the download for the show I attended (Oct. 19th at the Morse in Chicago). It was a memorable experience and I'd pay the price again without a second thought. I still think that Dweezil will come through on this for us. Patience is a virtue and the quality of my life has not diminished due to not having the received the download of the concert I attended. I have plenty of Zappa music to listen to. And I will see ZPZ again if they come to the Wisconsin/Illinois area again. In fact I'm contemplating a road trip with my wife to LA to see the ZPZ/Jeff Beck show.

Have fun ripping into me, I don't care!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:15 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Release it "as is". Let it be a document of the show they played.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:38 am 

I'd never rip into someone for still going to see Zpz. I don't expect everyone to agree on how they should individually deal with this. I choose to not give him any more money than we already have, if complaining about us complaining is all you got get the fuck somewhere else to troll. I hope you get to see him with Beckl, have fun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next