Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:43 pm 

So he can give some bullshit response about the download situation? I don't think so! I'm sure Trendy will have a meeting with some guy waiting in the tool shed and give us some officially unofficial addition.....Maybe even subtraction.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:13 pm 

I think we forget we're in the minority. Let's face it - the FZ fan base isn't the biggest group in the states. Subtract those who don't know or don't care about reliving the past. There's mostly your ZPZ fan base. Now, do 18 shows and charge 3-4x what a ticket normally costs and only sell 250-400 tix per show. There's your hard core audience. Now assume that 1/3 of the audience was dragged there by their buddy / husband who convinced them it'd be great and probably comped their ticket or at least bribed them with dinner or drinks. And - since they did multiple shows in multiple cities, you have to assume there were alot of the same people at multiple shows. Being generous and without getting out my TI-85, that's probably 175 unique people per show or so that will actually bother to attempt to redeem their code. Times 18 shows that's less than 3,600 individuals, or about one nights audience in a decent market. (It'd be interesting to know from nugs how many people are actually registered to get their download.) Then, of those people, how many have forgotten about it? We're the few freaks left over hanging out on this board with nothing better to do than hope for our 'souvenirs'.

Don't get me wrong - I still think we were getting hosed. ZPZ I'm sure had crunched some numbers before making the offer and they need to fulfill it. I'm dubious, however, that one guy with a sign or even two hundred agreeing to a boycott is going to change a whole lot. I'm sure Dweezil will do just fine answering the question while he's signing autographs. "Just wait - we've got some great surprises in store for you."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:04 pm 

the music may stick
if
there is a substrate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:57 pm 

They all (ZpZ) will hang out. The beef is the downloads,not to attack DZ after the concert,where I might add, he and ZpZ just played their ass off any where! Name a crappy ZpZ concert!?
Now quick to you-tube with your cell phone vids! There's your free download. :P
I hope like every one we get something for Zappadan :D :mrgreen: