Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: blog update
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:56 am
Posts: 191
18 November 2009
Hello Everyone,
It's been a while since I've had a chance to catch up with you. I'm currently sitting in a hotel room in Austin Texas. We begin our 12 show Fall tour here tomorrow night. We had a chance to rehearse some new songs last week. They are all from different eras. We will be playing at least 8 new songs we haven't played on any other tour. We have a few more we'll keep working on at sound checks.

Which ones are they? You'll all find out after the setlist gets posted tomorrow. Here's a hint though, a few highly requested numbers from Joe's Garage, an instrumental classic from the Helsinki concert, a special FZ arrangement of a song from Reuben And The Jets, another little something from Chunga's Revenge and a couple of other things to boot.

On another topic, I'm sure many of you are concerned about the status of the YCFOSA Downloads. They have obviously been marred by some snafus along the way but that doesn't mean they won't get finished. They will and they will sound every bit as good as the Chicago show you all have. Many people have suggested that I just deliver FOH reference mixes and be done with it. I think that would be a mistake and the inferior sound would further spoil the experience for everyone. I'm not interested in that. At this point it is just me working on all of this stuff and I'm heading into a period of time in between tours where I will be able to really get a lot done.

Once again I apologize for the lengthy delays and I appreciate your patience.

See you on the road.

Regards, DZ

POSTED BY DWEEZIL ZAPPA AT 2009-11-18 18:50:21


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: blog update
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:29 am
Posts: 5041
A year or so ago Dweezil Zappa spoke to PCAudio Labs about
performing and MIXing live recordings of Zappa Plays Zappa.
Yes Dweezil continue to PUSH THE LIMITS of what's possible
with these LIVE ZPZ RECORDINGS!

I 100% Appreciate The Delay. CRUSH ALL SNAFU's and please continue
giving us the finest live recordings of FZs music ever known to mankind.

Could You Have done "Zappa Plays Zappa" Without Computers?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AURFG3zd5qI

To see more interviews of Dweezil Zappa
and other music industry professionals,
please go to http://www.PCAudioLabs.com

http://www.pcaudiolabs.com/stories.asp? ... filter.y=4

_________________
Trendmonger's Moment Of Clarity

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: blog update
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:50 am
Posts: 807
Trendmonger wrote:
please continue
giving us the finest live recordings of FZs music ever known to mankind.


I'd think the recordings that actually have, you know, FZ on the them, might be somewhat superior.

:roll:

_________________
The fun hasn't beginned yet, uh, later on apparently The Mothers are gonna hand out the bingo cards and everything, you know


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: blog update
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:51 pm
Posts: 2346
Location: Europe
The Black Page Part 2 wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
please continue
giving us the finest live recordings of FZs music ever known to mankind.


I'd think the recordings that actually have, you know, FZ on the them, might be somewhat superior.

:roll:


I sort of think, I will tend to agree with you on that one. Or, . . ., well, yes. I will agree! I dare say that those albums with the Frank Zappa guy are the best! :roll: :roll: :roll:

_________________
"Everybody in this room is wearing a uniform, and don't kid yourself" - FZ
http://www.myspace.com/kirnehness


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: blog update
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 2863
Location: Chicago, sort of.
Spring 2010. Earliest. Wanna bet?

_________________
Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: blog update
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:13 pm
Posts: 159
You 100% appreciate the delay? Again, thems the words of a death row inmate, not a Zappaphile.

I 100% hope we see something new from ZFT before next April.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: blog update
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:29 am
Posts: 5041
psd wrote:
You 100% appreciate the delay? Again, thems the words of a death row inmate, not a Zappaphile.

I 100% hope we see something new from ZFT before next April.


Well it is the Zappaphile in me that expects superior fidelity over a FOH MIX.
The care DZ is taking to MIX these YCFOSA projects so as to bring in
all those old inherent analog anomalies that were part of FZs original recordings
I 100% appreciate this level of engineering that has never been done with live tor tapes.
So this only goes to prove ZPZ is on an entirely different artistic plane than Umphreys's McGee
who have since YCFOSA shows started also entered the professional MIX of a tour realm.


The basic live ZPZ recordings DZ is dealing with have a digital cleanness so to speak so
to I reiterate I 100% appreciate the delay especially if DZ is taking the time to make it sound more authentic.
Take your time DZ. Chicago # 1 sounds amazing. I am thankful DZ gave us that while we wait but as great as Chciago #1 sounds
I am sure for each and every show DZ MIXes he will be defining that, If I my reiterate the quote of myself

"DZ is the Pruducer/Musician that is the Frank Zappa of 2008, 2009, 2010
and however long we remain on God's Grey Earth."

Dweezil Zappa Interviews PCAudio Labs
http://www.pcaudiolabs.com/stories.asp? ... lter.x=27&

_________________
Trendmonger's Moment Of Clarity

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: blog update
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:13 pm
Posts: 159
Trendmonger wrote:
psd wrote:
You 100% appreciate the delay? Again, thems the words of a death row inmate, not a Zappaphile.

I 100% hope we see something new from ZFT before next April.


Well it is the Zappaphile in me that expects superior fidelity over a FOH MIX.
The care DZ is taking to MIX these YCFOSA projects so as to bring in
all those old inherent analog anomalies that were part of FZs original recordings
I 100% appreciate this level of engineering that has never been done with live tor tapes.
So this only goes to prove ZPZ is on an entirely different artistic plane than Umphreys's McGee
who have since YCFOSA shows started also entered the professional MIX of a tour realm.


The basic live ZPZ recordings DZ is dealing with have a digital cleanness so to speak so
to I reiterate I 100% appreciate the delay especially if DZ is taking the time to make it sound more authentic.
Take your time DZ. Chicago # 1 sounds amazing. I am thankful DZ gave us that while we wait but as great as Chciago #1 sounds
I am sure for each and every show DZ MIXes he will be defining that, If I my reiterate the quote of myself

"DZ is the Pruducer/Musician that is the Frank Zappa of 2008, 2009, 2010
and however long we remain on God's Grey Earth."

Dweezil Zappa Interviews PCAudio Labs
http://www.pcaudiolabs.com/stories.asp? ... lter.x=27&


Why not make Chicago #1 available on a wider scale?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: blog update
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:35 pm
Posts: 1261
Location: Ohio
Trendmonger wrote:


"DZ is the Pruducer/Musician that is the Frank Zappa of 2008, 2009, 2010
and however long we remain on God's Grey Earth."


Is English your primary language?

_________________
Good writing is clear writing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: blog update
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:29 am
Posts: 5041
psd wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
psd wrote:
You 100% appreciate the delay? Again, thems the words of a death row inmate, not a Zappaphile.

I 100% hope we see something new from ZFT before next April.


Well it is the Zappaphile in me that expects superior fidelity over a FOH MIX.
The care DZ is taking to MIX these YCFOSA projects so as to bring in
all those old inherent analog anomalies that were part of FZs original recordings
I 100% appreciate this level of engineering that has never been done with live tor tapes.
So this only goes to prove ZPZ is on an entirely different artistic plane than Umphreys's McGee
who have since YCFOSA shows started also entered the professional MIX of a tour realm.


The basic live ZPZ recordings DZ is dealing with have a digital cleanness so to speak so
to I reiterate I 100% appreciate the delay especially if DZ is taking the time to make it sound more authentic.
Take your time DZ. Chicago # 1 sounds amazing. I am thankful DZ gave us that while we wait but as great as Chciago #1 sounds
I am sure for each and every show DZ MIXes he will be defining that, If I my reiterate the quote of myself

"DZ is the Pruducer/Musician that is the Frank Zappa
of 2008, 2009, 2010 and however long we remain on God's Grey Earth."

Dweezil Zappa Interviews PCAudio Labs
http://www.pcaudiolabs.com/stories.asp? ... lter.x=27&


Why not make Chicago #1 available on a wider scale?


"DZ is the Pruducer/Musician that is the Frank Zappa
of 2008, 2009, 2010 and however long we remain on God's Grey Earth."



The wider scale of bringing ZPZ up to date fro the masses are forthcoming CD & DVD projects.
For anyone that was paying attention over the last year especially if they attended a YCFOSA show
and submitted their code during a quite extensive window of opportunity the Chciago #1
became a free bonus show while all YCFOSA shows are MIXed with a level of standards unprecedented.

With DVD projects from 2007 & 2008 shows, CD projects and Downloads ZPZ progression will deservedly
have a clear and definitive representation. One such CD project I am aware of I eagerly await. Additionally
to a CD coming in early 2010 the HOG show from 2007 & Son OF Roxy DVDs will give a great wide scope over the 2007 and 2008 tours.

Pay close attention to the Premeire Guitar and PCAudiolab Interviews

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/I ... ntion.aspx

http://www.pcaudiolabs.com/stories.asp? ... lter.x=27&

_________________
Trendmonger's Moment Of Clarity

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.


Last edited by Trendmonger on Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:39 am, edited 4 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: blog update
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:35 pm
Posts: 1261
Location: Ohio
I don't care what the ZPZ projects are--I won't buy them. I only want FZ projects.

"God's Grey Earth" -- that's a rather negative phrase. My earth is vivid and vibrant and full of any colour you like.

_________________
Good writing is clear writing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: blog update
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:05 pm
Posts: 570
Location: Chicago,Il.
I will continue to wait for the downloads unless I die.... In several short months I will be as old as Frank when he passed...That should put this in perspective! (If I should die.. Would someone stand over my grave and play my fucking download?)

_________________
What would Zappa say?....... http://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/thepoodlebites


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group