Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Fall 2009 Tour - Yahooo!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:38 pm 

Hi everyone, just singed up as new member. The ZPZ boys and Shelia, are heading to Colorado next week and I will be driving up to Aspen on the 24th to see them. I will then will take my college age daughter to the Boulder show on the 25th. With 2 sets, I hope to hear the best of all..pretty sweet :mrgreen: The Boulder tickets indicate ZPZ will have a special guest, Any one know who this may be???? Steve Vai???? long shot but I can always hope....thanks...good site..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:06 pm 

Got any pics of your daughter....Just kidding...No I'm not....Yes I am...Well.. Not really...Are you waiting in the tool shed? Welcome to the insanity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:26 pm 

With a handle like the poodlechews it, the best I can do are pictures of my neighbors 83 year old mom...she still has it though I'm told. :wink: ..lol...shutter just to think about it... :lol.... I was on your myspace site..brother you are one serious Zappa fan! Good for you! Saw your Mother video.. (Wait, Mother video, pics of my neighbors mom...perhaps...naaaa, just coincidence I'm sure)did you see last years Roger Waters Darkside of the Moon tour? Outstanding....Really, being the huge Zappa fan, no idea on the special guest playing in Boulder next week..any guesses?..thanks, and after creeping around some of these forums topics, I did figure this site was a little out there... but that's the greatness of being a Zapoid...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:59 pm 

Les Paul wrote:
Hi everyone, just singed up as new member. The ZPZ boys and Shelia, are heading to Colorado next week and I will be driving up to Aspen on the 24th to see them. I will then will take my college age daughter to the Boulder show on the 25th. With 2 sets, I hope to hear the best of all..pretty sweet :mrgreen: The Boulder tickets indicate ZPZ will have a special guest, Any one know who this may be???? Steve Vai???? long shot but I can always hope....thanks...good site..

Absolutely no idea, but Bob Harris lives in Central Colorado, supposedly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:56 pm 

Les Paul wrote:

thepoodlebites wrote:
Got any pics of your daughter....Just kidding...No I'm not....Yes I am...Well.. Not really...Are you waiting in the tool shed? Welcome to the insanity

I'm with tpb,show us your daughter! :) Really,the guest is always some one "new" that FZ found,then played the songs without 4+months Prep. We hope the tradition can continue with ZpZ.A suprise would be a Yellow Snowman*-with Shiela & The ZpZ Boys! You can't go wrong,add Dweezil and its that `ol Zappa magic for a hour 1/2 or two,all this and more (Howie)with new ZpZ material of FZ's music. Woo-Woo!
Post the set list if DB don't.Several of us will be at Tahoe & Eugene concerts.We would love your obsevations. 8)
* [one that ate the yellow snow] :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:13 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Les Paul wrote:

Absolutely no idea, but Bob Harris lives in Central Colorado, supposedly.

Hmmmmm. Colorado. Let's see....John Denver...nope! Hunter S. Thompson?....nope!.....John Elway? .....maybe. Oh, oh. I got it ....BALLOON BOY!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:26 am 

ZpZ with special guest The Dead Ramsey's! :twisted: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:56 am 

Very sic and very funny...I'll let everyone know who this specail guest is and will post the Aspen and Boulder set list if DZ does not...Yahoo!!! should be fun......thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:02 am 

I think Bob Harris could be a winner for the Boulder show after doing a little research...Ill keep you posted...dang..was hoping for Steve Vai....but he is in Toronto day before according to his web site.. Well any past Zappa musician friends will be a plus,,

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:44 am 

no special guests planned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:32 am 

That's wierd, when I bought tickets 2 weeks ago, advertised with special guest..no longer listed that way.. :oops: .oh well...I'm sure a great show will be had by all...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:24 am 

Les Paul wrote:
That's wierd, when I bought tickets 2 weeks ago, advertised with special guest..no longer listed that way.. :oops: .oh well...I'm sure a great show will be had by all...

Advertised a special guest, then changed it after selling tickets?
That's sure unusual!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:46 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
Les Paul wrote:

Advertised a special guest, then changed it after selling tickets?
That's sure unusual!

Yes.Unless its DZ's guest,Marshall Harrison playing impossible guitar,who just played with them (see the`09 setlist thread)in TX. Most folks would go who? But check him out.
Hope thats your special guest,Les,or another real Mothers good too! 8) :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:40 pm 

Les Paul wrote:
The Boulder tickets indicate ZPZ will have a special guest, Any one know who this may be????

I can guess:

And maybe he'll bring his Dog... :P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:31 am 

Les Paul wrote:

Dweezil has yet to submit the final guest list to the promoter, he won't release it until the guest is pure quality.

Okay, I'll stop.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:21 am 

The Great Turkey-er Pumpkin is coming to take me away to the lake of the Tahoe.Just to eat drink and see-hear ZpZ on Fri. I can't sleep I'm so excited,real music,and Music is the Best!FZ :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:20 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
The Great Turkey-er Pumpkin is coming to take me away to the lake of the Tahoe.Just to eat drink and see-hear ZpZ on Fri. I can't sleep I'm so excited,real music,and Music is the Best!FZ :mrgreen:

For the exact opposite reason I am crying in my Turkey dish... :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:39 am 

Will there be a Seattle show this winter? PuHLEEEEEzzzzZZZZZ?