Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:04 am
Posts: 1891
Location: Amsterdam
http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase ... jID920254/

Image
Keep It Greasy: Dweezil Zappa at Stubb's, 11.19.2009

_________________
WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO ALL THE FUN IN THE WORLD?
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:46 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5908
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
That's not a very flattering picture. The light coming from Dweezil's right has put the left side of his face in shadow and makes him look more gaunt than usual and because his nose is brightly lit it he looks like he's got Cyrano's nose.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14934
polydigm wrote:
That's not a very flattering picture. The light coming from Dweezil's right has put the left side of his face in shadow and makes him look more gaunt than usual and because his nose is brightly lit it he looks like he's got Cyrano's nose.


You are nothing but negative!

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:23 pm
Posts: 245
Location: Seattle, WA, USSA
Hey! That looks just like the guitar I'm playing right now. The pickup selector is even in the same position. I guess Dweezil and I have more in common than I thought. Except that his Strat is most likely a $2300 Eric Johnson signature and mine is but a lowly $700 Mexican 50's reissue.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:50 am
Posts: 807
calvin2hikers wrote:
polydigm wrote:
That's not a very flattering picture. The light coming from Dweezil's right has put the left side of his face in shadow and makes him look more gaunt than usual and because his nose is brightly lit it he looks like he's got Cyrano's nose.


You are nothing but negative!


Dare I say, fanaskaptasaurus.

_________________
The fun hasn't beginned yet, uh, later on apparently The Mothers are gonna hand out the bingo cards and everything, you know


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:28 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Posts: 5908
Location: Pouting for you? Punky Meadows, pouting for you?!!
The Black Page Part 2 wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:
polydigm wrote:
That's not a very flattering picture. The light coming from Dweezil's right has put the left side of his face in shadow and makes him look more gaunt than usual and because his nose is brightly lit it he looks like he's got Cyrano's nose.
You are nothing but negative!
Dare I say, fanaskaptasaurus.
This went through my mind as well when I was writing that post. Trendmonger has a lot to answer for. It's like he's poisoned this forum in order to prevent it from getting poisoned.

_________________
The way I see it Barry, this should be a very dynamite show.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:19 pm
Posts: 23
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
yea, it is an ej strat

_________________
There Once lived a man named Frank, he originally was a drummer bu picked up a guitar. The world has never been the same...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:23 pm
Posts: 245
Location: Seattle, WA, USSA
I just read over on the Idiot Bastard's site that Eric Johnson himself got up with the band to play Carolina and Muffin Man. Wowee!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:29 am
Posts: 5040
hodgy wrote:
I just read over on the Idiot Bastard's site that Eric Johnson himself got up with the band to play Carolina and Muffin Man. Wowee!!!!


Yes, I normally do not overtly point to Youtube vids
but two users posted a glimpse of that.

Dweezil Zappa and Eric Johnson
@ Stubbs solo "Carolina Hardcore Ecstasy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bofCxejgpgQ

Dweezil Zappa and Eric Johnson
11-19-09 Stubbs,Austin,Tx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJpIKRKer9g

_________________
Trendmonger's Moment Of Clarity

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group