Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:30 am 

Fortunately my boss has allowed to give me the day off for November 10th, unless somebody breaks an arm, Frank forbid.

Which gives me another problem: seeing the hotel prices are too high for musicology student's budget, and as I doubt I could get techie Pete to invite me over for a drink again since I stood him up in Amsterdam, and with Hengelo being a small town with no way of getting home by public transport after 22:30:

Is there anyone who could drive me towards the south of The Netherlands from Hengelo after the concert?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:34 am 

BBP wrote:
Fortunately my boss has allowed to give me the day off for November 10th, unless somebody breaks an arm, Frank forbid.

Which gives me another problem: seeing the hotel prices are too high for musicology student's budget, and as I doubt I could get techie Pete to invite me over for a drink again since I stood him up in Amsterdam, and with Hengelo being a small town with no way of getting home by public transport after 22:30:

Is there anyone who could drive me towards the south of The Netherlands from Hengelo after the concert?

If I can get that day off Bonnie I'll be more than happy to.........

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:15 am 

Location: Magicians' Quarters on the Counterweight Continent, wawawa.lspace....org
werklijk waar ook, de laatsde trein vertrekt on 22:36 en de volgende eerst om 5:06, maare daar komt de overlegging in het sjpel, stel je veur je probeerd de nacht door te gaan, in Hengelo, spreektaculaire ...ah-jo. Bedoel, dat kan toch, of? kweenie.

That those sort of problems are still popping up is for me a mega marvel. In this our GMT it should all long have become sup. standard that all citizens with a spare place are waiting for travellers when the concert went off well. ..one could think. If a fancy idea strikes me flat you will hear it here. ..surely, folks, not normal anymore, izzit? eFFe sms 4 input'd b welcome, ta-ta.

HyFlyRadio alongside chap

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:50 am 

Location: Magicians' Quarters on the Counterweight Continent, wawawa.lspace....org
Hengolo City is een v d minst bezoeken plaatsen, wel gekozen bij de planners. Een koffieshop sluit om 0:00. Iemand een tip? heb nu de zenuwen niet ervoor. Ik zou simpelwegs geweun met de muziker spraaten. ..wat, als je een zou zijn, tyehe, wilt ook kunnen horen. "Hey, Dweezle, how sphinks are going as a matter of wandering?" zo iets, snap je? ja wel hoor.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:35 pm 

Wow Galoot, it has been long hasn't it?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:24 am 

So I still haven't found out what to do about Hengelo.

I'm serious, people!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:56 am 

I'm still a bit at a loss. Couldn't find a hotel at a reasonable price within a walkable distance. So here's another bump: anyone heading towards or past the south of The Netherlands after the ZPZ Hengelo concert on the 9th?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:44 am 

And now I've found I have to go to work on the 10th, so playing groupie is now also out of the question. (You're in luck, Dweez...)
:x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:41 am 

Hello? Is there still anyone out there who can prevent me from having to leave the concert early? Please? (blink, blink) I'll be good!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:51 am 

from the looks of it will ZPZ be at my home tomorrow, toeu-roeuh, some bright-ish babies from London and could someone tell us how many liters of water belong to a proper cuppa tea then? phanks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:24 pm 

Alright, now then:

what half-decent percentage goes after the concert from Hengelo to Brabant? or could someone speak to Dweezil that he may start a new wild-thing when on asking the audience who can give a lift or take somebody home to meet at a prominent place? cannot be that difficult.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:10 am 

I'm serious, and stop hacking my thread. I don't want to walk out early.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:28 am 

No luck so far... Your last chance to take a young female Zappa-fan for a long drive!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:14 am 

So I didn't get a ride, and had to leave the concert during Dumb All Over, with 5 songs to go after that. :x

I was in time for the 22:36 train with two minutes to spare. It stopped at every main station between Hengelo and Utrecht, passing cities like Almelo and Deventer.
I was in Utrecht, dead centre of The Netherlands, at 00:15.
The only train in my direction went up to 's Hertogenbosch, a little over halfway between Utrecht and Eindhoven. By fast train it's a 30 minute journey, but this was literally a slow train with max speed 70 km per hour AND stopping at every station in between, AND since it's one of the Sprinter type: NO BATHROOM.
With no way of leaving Den Bosch, and having to wait until 0:55 (that's 40 minutes) to get there, the twenty-hour-day takes its toll. I cry a lot on the way back, but particularly when I discover I will be trapped in 's Hertogenbosch. So I had to wait 40 minutes in a cold and boring train station in Utrecht, got to borrow the NS employee's cell phone to call Dad to pick me up.
I made it at Den Bosch at around 1:40, where Dad had been waiting for me, and he drove me home. I had two hours to sleep before I had to go up and do my newspaper round. :x

So next time when I ask for a ride, I'm bloody serious, people. If a certain asshole will ruin such a thread in the future, I will find him and tie him behind the slow train between Hengelo and Utrecht by his balls.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:12 am 

This is good scolding, feels almost as unearthly like a douche, cold or not. At least could it clear up matter so much better. Normally is a lil trickery more succesful:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... D=48775519

Ney, yesterday too late came myself on the idea to make contact with the Dweezle. I am sorry, despaired and rather on me own all the time, nobody of any help at all. And the wintery season has not yet begun.

Now a word of bona fide puzzlement: is the rest of the Netherlands so much different from Limburg? there it'd be difficult to go through a really bad day say, simply because there ain't no completely miserable ones. Please write to me when ...you phink the video is moi. --a friend in times of need

..that's silly, innit? then read again what Aragorn went through, has done for the lol of it, when he was just known as Strider. I've tried now in oh-so-many letters to show a bit of glam if you will. Dunno what it is, maybe should i drown the inner Gandalph with a record Guinness. ...and pengwingzes fly, yeah, righ'. Tot-echt-amun, strakkertyes en doe-ieh. .... eFFe met de oren wat waggeleun en wegwijzen.