Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:17 am 

Zappa plays Zappa with Flo and Eddie in Woodstock Announced! Got me a ticket this morning! This is the stuff dream are made of :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:19 pm 

mtm75 wrote:
Zappa plays Zappa with Flo and Eddie in Woodstock Announced! Got me a ticket this morning! This is the stuff dream are made of :)

After all the hoo ha about Flo & Eddie over the last half year we get one east coast show. If that's all it's gonna be Dweezil should have restrained himself a bit and made it a big surprise to the few that can see it and not a big dissapointment for the many that can't.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:38 pm 

Bearsville's about 6 hrs from me, way downstate, but I'll pass. I'm at the point where I'll only see ZPZ if it's in WNY. If I was going to make the drive, I'd rather see the Belew/Levin/Mastelotto show which is on their schedule.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:46 am 

Fish gotta swim. Whiners gotta whine.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:31 pm 

there will be more shows with Flo & Eddie. just need to space things out. absence makes the heart grow fonder, the saying goes...

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:08 pm 

my brother and i are coming up from atlanta, ga to see these guys. can't wait!

A '55 Chevy that his brother just stoled

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:52 am 

Since the R2F tour takes them pretty much all over the nation and they won't want to repeat for at least a few months, the earliest window I see for more dates with Flo&Eddie won't be till December. The only market I can see tolerating another show shortly after R2F is NYC for the Halloween gig. That would be a nice one for F&E to show up at. After that, maybe a short run of Christmas time shows close to home on the West Coast.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:52 pm 

blsabob23 wrote:
Since the R2F tour takes them pretty much all over the nation and they won't want to repeat for at least a few months, the earliest window I see for more dates with Flo&Eddie won't be till December. The only market I can see tolerating another show shortly after R2F is NYC for the Halloween gig. That would be a nice one for F&E to show up at. After that, maybe a short run of Christmas time shows close to home on the West Coast.

That's probably very close to how it's going to be scheduled. And they might even squeeze in Australia and Japan in October...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:20 am 

less than two weeks to go!! who's all going?

A '55 Chevy that his brother just stoled

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:59 pm 

Ridiculously excited for this. Hitting the show with 2 old friends and longtime Zappa freaks. It's about an hour and a half drive for me. I went to school at New Paltz which is about 30 minutes away and that's where I'm staying. It's a great hippie state college town :). Ready to have a lifelong dream come true and totally rock out!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:52 am 

I am ridiculously excited for this. Woodstock is about an hour and half from me. I'm hitting the show with 4 old friends who are all Zappa freaks, like me :) Staying in New Paltz - a college town about 30 minutes away, where I went to school. It's a great little hippie town. Zappa played there in the Fall of 73 with the Nappy / George Duke band. My uncle was actually there! I'm ready for a longtime dream of mine to come true and to rock the f*ck out!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:30 pm 

mtm75 wrote:
I am ridiculously excited for this. Woodstock is about an hour and half from me. I'm hitting the show with 4 old friends who are all Zappa freaks, like me :) Staying in New Paltz - a college town about 30 minutes away, where I went to school. It's a great little hippie town. Zappa played there in the Fall of 73 with the Nappy / George Duke band. My uncle was actually there! I'm ready for a longtime dream of mine to come true and to rock the f*ck out!!!

So how was the show?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:29 am 

The show was a ton of fun! Dweezil did 5 tunes with just his band first, then Flo and Eddie came out for 8 tunes, then Dweezil did a few more with just the band. Flo and Eddie were definitely under-rehearsed but the spirit and energy of the show was fantastic. I got to chat with Mark, Howard, and Dweezil after the show - got my print of the JABFLA cover signed! Then my friends and I closed out the bars in New Paltz afterwards! It was a highly successful evening :) Seeing Ike and Ray with PO this coming Wednesday in Albany - that should be a hoot too!

Woodstock, NY - Bearsville Theater - Thursday 7/28/11 9:30pm.
1. Heavy Duty Judy
2. Cheepnis
3. Honey Don't you want a man like me
4. Cleetus Awreetus Awrightus
5. Don't You Ever Wash That Thing? Billy, Scheila, DZ
Flo & Eddie
6. This Town Is a Sealed Tuna Sandwich
7. Magic Fingers
8. Tell Me You Love Me
9. Would You Go All The Way
10. Road Ladies
11. Do You Like My New Car?