Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:14 am 

At LAST! A concert nearby! San Luis, baby---can't wait! :) :) :) :) :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:29 am 

dove_grey wrote:
At LAST! A concert nearby! San Luis, baby---can't wait! :) :) :) :) :)

Thats great Dovey! How far is that from Santa Maria/you? Dweezil said their going to have a new set list with some of the old favorites thrown in. This sounds like they're warm up tour for 2012. It will be fun and exciting & now close by for you! 8) :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:53 pm 

Well, Kap'n, it takes 40 minutes or less to get there, and SLO Brew is right downtown, so I can spend the day there and hang with the fans pre-show!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:46 am 

Apotheosis wrote:
Plook wrote:
What a minute, we are all doing the Crest right?

One more road trip, Bought two tickets today for the Crest and got 4th row center! YES !!!

I got row 2 stage left the first 3 seats...I stoked!Will see you there... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:51 am 

dove_grey wrote:
Well, Kap'n, it takes 40 minutes or less to get there, and SLO Brew is right downtown, so I can spend the day there and hang with the fans pre-show!

Mrs.Plook and I hang out down there every chance we get we usually stay in Cambria, Morro Bay, or San Simeon...we will be there for our anniversary at the end of January, we spend at least one day in SLO...you want to meet for lunch?

:smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:31 am 
Banned

Plook wrote:
dove_grey wrote:

Mrs.Plook and I hang out down there every chance we get we usually stay in Cambria, Morro Bay, or San Simeon...we will be there for our anniversary at the end of January, we spend at least one day in SLO...you want to meet for lunch?

:smoke:

Check this out folks, a new topic on the West coast tour http://www.zappa.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22550
Thanks Disco Boy for all the updated on setlists.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:10 am 

@ Disco Boy,

In helping educate anyone who has not been following closely,....going to DZPZ shows, buying the CDs, Vids or making a comprehensive analysis of setlists....., it would be notable for you to include a listing of all songs and arrangements that ZPZ have performed since April of 2006. Any special information such as special guests and other pertinent special information regarding a performance at a show is helpful for those that seek that. Including how many times a song has been performed, sure why not.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:50 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
@ Disco Boy,

In helping educate anyone who has not been following closely,....going to DZPZ shows, buying the CDs, Vids or making a comprehensive analysis of setlists....., it would be notable for you to include a listing of all songs and arrangements that ZPZ have performed since April of 2006. Any special information such as special guests and other pertinent special information regarding a performance at a show is helpful for those that seek that. Including how many times a song has been performed, sure why not.

Should he pick up some groceries for ya too? You make it sound like you already know this info anyway so why don't you do it yourself? I know DB loves this kind of stuff and may well do this anyway, but with the way you regularly insult the members of this forum I see no reason why anyone should do you any favors.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:29 pm 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Trendmonger wrote:
@ Disco Boy,

Should he pick up some groceries for ya too? You make it sound like you already know this info anyway so why don't you do it yourself? I know DB loves this kind of stuff and may well do this anyway, but with the way you regularly insult the members of this forum I see no reason why anyone should do you any favors.

Thanks, The Forum Killed Arkay. That pretty much covers it.

Oh...and Trendmonger, you do know that there's a fascinating thing called a search engine on this forum, right? It actually enables you to find the list of things you stated above, since I've already included much of your requested info in other threads (as well as this one) in years previous...:roll:

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:02 am 

Everyone seems to think there is this great disparity in the varity of songs ZPZ select, but here are the last (3) shows I saw with Ray White, I know there are repeats but over all I am seeing a good mix:

dog breath/uncle meat (drs version)
city of tiny lights
advance romance
dumb all over w/fz
baltimore
carolina
suzy
brown shoes
america drinks
pygmy twylite
dupree's paradise w/h.d. judy bass solo
uncle remus
willie the p
joe's garage w/scrutinizer outro
gas station
san ber'dino
illinois enema bandit
wild love
yo mama

cosmik debris w/ fz
g-spot tornado
muffin man w/ fz

1. Inca Roads
2. Cosmik Debris
3. Magic Fingers
4. Carolina
5. Billy The Mountain
6. Flakes
7. Broken Hearts Are For Assholes
8. Bamboozled By Love
9. King Kong *Les Claypool Joins In*
10. Willie The Pimp

Encore:

11. Muffin Man

1. Purple Lagoon
2. Zomby Woof
3. Wind Up Workin' In A Gas Station
4. San Ber'dino
5. Packard Goose
6. Why Don'tcha Do Me Right
7. Penguin In Bondage
8. Magic Fingers
9. Carolina Hardcore Ecstasy
10. Village Of The Sun
11. Echidna's Arf
12. Don't You Ever Wash That Thing?
13. Billie The Mountain
14. Joe's Garage
15. Outside Now
16. Dupree's Paradise-Band Solos
More Grand Wazoo Themes
17. The Tourture Never Stops
Encore:
18. Peaches En Regalia
19. Cosmic Debris
More Band Solos. Ray White on Dweezil's SG.

I'm sorry but I found these to be very diverse, with the new line up starting to gel with time I am sure we will see an expansion of the play lists.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9