Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:05 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Give up. It's not happening.

This, my friends, is the crux of the bisquit. Or however that's supposed to be spelled.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:33 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
calvin2hikers wrote:

This, my friends, is the crux of the bisquit. Or however that's supposed to be spelled.

Agreed. It would be nice if Dweezil would just say as much though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:04 pm 

http://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/pages/ycfosa

Zappa music and much, much MOO-AH!
www.FestivalMoo-AH.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:26 pm 

Seen it. I sorta understand why he was so cross now, if he really had to sell equipment in order to pay the lawsuit that's horrible. Still no excuse for taking it out on the fans though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:04 pm 

BBP wrote:
Seen it. I sorta understand why he was so cross now, if he really had to sell equipment in order to pay the lawsuit that's horrible. Still no excuse for taking it out on the fans though.

After seeing that I really want to give him some slack. I went through a similar thing six years ago (divorce, 2 kids, financial ruin, etc.). Divorce can really suck.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:38 pm 

It's nothing new, just more detail. 3 years is just too long. Divorce or not. You make a promise, you gotta keep it and not cry about it. He's got a lot of nerve dissing folks who complain.

Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:01 pm 

5040 hours labor; 2 crews of 4 guys working 12-hour shifts, 7 days/week, knock it all out in 52 days

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:53 am 

Are you douchebags still whining about this? Jesusfuckingchristonaninflatablecrutch! Grow up and move on. Some of you bitches cry more than a 12 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:02 am 

Thanks for your valuable input.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:39 am 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:

Oh...he just likes whining about people whining about it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:42 pm 

Nagging is oh so satisfying...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:31 pm 

I guess some can't resist. Must be a genetIc thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:25 am 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:
I guess some can't resist. Must be a genetIc thing.

For a nominal service charge I can verify that... 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:58 pm 

Ronny's Noomies wrote:

No problem. You may now resume whining about not getting what you wanted. Let me know when you need your diaper changed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:07 am 

Ah, that means you'll deal with our shit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:22 pm 

blsabob23 wrote:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:

No problem. You may now resume whining about not getting what you wanted. Let me know when you need your diaper changed.

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:05 pm 

Having heard what can be done with recordings by the ZFT, I am very willing to wait for these downloads to come through. I like DZ's playing a lot, there were moments of his solos in the 2008 show that sounded gorgeous. He's no FZ, but nobody is or ever will be. FZ had his very own guitar playing style and I don't see DZ trying to emulate it or just copy it, but he's celebrating his fathers music and we all get to benefit from it. I'll never forget the first ZPZ show I saw in Seattle. Hearing "Andy" being played was a very emotional experience for me. Such a beautiful song, such passionate playing by all the band members. DZ's guitar solos have matured since then too. I missed the most recent RTF show in Seattle due to an illness but won't miss the next one, whenever he decides to trek up here again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:51 am 
Banned

Had a interesting conversation with DZ after the Sacramento show last Saturday night and the bottom line was that I looked deep into his eyes and said I am still waiting for MY downloads.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:17 am 

Apotheosis wrote:
Had a interesting conversation with DZ after the Sacramento show last Saturday night and the bottom line was that I looked deep into his eyes and said I am still waiting for MY downloads.

To which he replied?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:32 pm 
Banned

GreenHocher wrote:
Apotheosis wrote:

To which he replied?

Well, he said nothing except " Oh you are the guy who has been not so nice to me on my website DZW and I am glad you have been taking a nicer tone" and I have been nicer since I do love the music of FZ and the ZPZ band just keeps getting better.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:41 am 

The download scrutinizer is back ! Time to bump this back to the top.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:15 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:47 am 

True dat.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:25 am 

And still, nobody is suing Dweezil's pants off.
(puts her binocs down)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:25 am 

OBDULA X wrote:
If you believe that promising your concert goers downloads, never coming through and voicing my disappointment in empty promises for years is a personal entitlement that I and others don't deserve, then there's really nothing more to say.

I think this is pretty obvious ... and I wonder if there is an issue here ... Gail and the Trust do not allow other folks to do or play Zappa and she tries to close down as many as they can ... the weird thing about the "downloads" of ZPZ is this ... guess what ... the music is not his! It's mom's or the trust's music at this point!

And it would mean that the amount he can make from it, is cut in half ... and it might be better if it did not get done and prevent a family fight! Gail needs Dweezil right now. Dweezil can not do it on his own, because of his father! He's just a son, and not as good a creative mind ... as you can tell he is more concerned with his dexterity than he is with the music itself ... and if he is but learning it all ... at your expense and mine ... under the guise of Frank's music, then it is wrong! And he knows it!

The only thing I don't think that we should be greedy about is ... draining the life force as if we were/are vampires. I really think that it is unfair for us to demand him to bend over so we can kick his butt (and whatever else!) simply because it is what we want ... we want the downloads and fuck him?

I really think that the "demand" is unfair and inapropriate ... and you are expecting to have a convversation with someone ... you blew the conversation, and you could have learned a lot more about the whole situation!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next