All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: More Download Updates !
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:46 pm 

It all got started here. Make sure you read it all
http://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/events ... e-memorial

Then I got a message from Dz as follows

Dweezil wrote on Aug 1, 2011 at 12:36 AM
Hello Glenn,
You are entitled to your opinion. The juvenile way you choose to express it is unfortunate. Should you choose to continue on in your current manner you will be removed.
Even if you waste your time trying to return under a different name you won't last long. Your predictable behavior will give you away.
It's up to you.
In any case, it's too bad you're so bent out of shape over something so inconsequential.
DZ
Glenn wrote on Aug 1, 2011 at 04:46 PM
Dweezil,
Even after not receiving what I should have 3 years ago, I once again went to your concert last Friday night. It's amazing to me how you have exposed how you feel about your long time supporters, by not only ripping them off, but by also letting them know just how disposable they really are to you.
The mud slinging was started by you. If you hadn't called me entitled, I do believe this never would have come to this. You obviously feel you can do whatever you want, and then insult me on top of it. For some reason, that doesn't work for me.
As far as this being inconsequential, that's a matter of opinion. You took my hard-earned money and ran. No matter how you look at it, it's true. Maybe somewhere deep down inside you know it's true too.
I don't think you believe that I'm entitled to my opinion unless it's the one you want to hear. I guess that's where the website ban comes in.
I will speak my mind and tell it like it is when I have to stand up for what I believe in. If that makes you uncomfortable and bans me from the website, then c'est la vie.
It's really "up to you" to fix this problem (deliver on the downloads) not me. The ball's back in your court.
Glenn

The response from DZ
Dweezil wrote on Aug 1, 2011 at 05:15 PM
Hi Glenn,
I've already updated you on the downloads. You already received an alternate download to enjoy until yours is ready so you have not been ripped off and neither has anyone else. The fact that you believe that the word entitled is an insult and constitutes mudslinging is further indication of your self aggrandizement.
Fans come and go, you win some you lose some. It's all part of the business.
Again, it's quite silly for you to be so up in arms over something so insignificant.
This will cease our communication.
DZ

So how does that make a longtime fan feel ?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:01 pm 

As if those downloads are even worth the hassle of complaining about. It's like complaining about the quality of a Big Mac.

Glenn and Dweezil are equally boring.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:35 pm 

OBSESS MUCH?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:51 pm 

Lucky you, Glenn X. Dweezil put up with your shit longer than most people would...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:51 pm 

Personally, I would just move on but Glenn and anybody else who went to those shows has a right to complain.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:56 pm 

I did move on but when I made the offhanded remark about it, His arrogance showed through and set me off. Someone on the dz forum said it was a case of consumer dissatisfaction. Truly that what it is. If I buy a product and am promised to get a rebate or something of value and I don't get it, I will continue to go after what I feel I am owed.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:12 pm 

Why would you still want those stupid downloads at this point? It's not like you're gonna enjoy them after crusading about it for 3 years. I think it's ridiculous that Dweezil even has this particular career. You're kind of a chump just to be a fan.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:45 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
Why would you still want those stupid downloads at this point? It's not like you're gonna enjoy them after crusading about it for 3 years. I think it's ridiculous that Dweezil even has this particular career. You're kind of a chump just to be a fan.

I won't call somebody a chump because they want those recording but I've thought the same thing. Why do we need ZPZ recordings in the first place? ZPZ plays note-for-note covers of stuff Frank already recorded. Why would you want a replica when you can listen to the real thing?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:33 am 

Curious though, what is the alternative download you were offered in lieu of your promised show?

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:41 am 

KillUgly wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:

I won't call somebody a chump because they want those recording but I've thought the same thing. Why do we need ZPZ recordings in the first place? ZPZ plays note-for-note covers of stuff Frank already recorded. Why would you want a replica when you can listen to the real thing?

Because you have fond memories to a show you visited? I personally didn't care about the ZPZ album, it's Chicago and it's inferior to Frank. He could release Eindhoven, which would be inferior to Frank, but it would be the concert in my backyard.

Don't move on! You paid for it, he must serve it. If you move on you lose, and arrogance wins.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:58 pm 

BBP wrote:
KillUgly wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:

Because you have fond memories to a show you visited? I personally didn't care about the ZPZ album, it's Chicago and it's inferior to Frank. He could release Eindhoven, which would be inferior to Frank, but it would be the concert in my backyard.

Don't move on! You paid for it, he must serve it. If you move on you lose, and arrogance wins.

How can someone have fond memories of that show after 3 years of shit slinging?

Dweezil doesn't seem arrogant to me. He seems too insecure. He's a shadow. His music is a shadow. His own musical identity is drowned. Artistically, he is the opposite of his dad. Locked in someone else's past. Playing cover music. Caravan with a drum solo! He should put out an album called Shut Up And Play Your Dad's Guitar.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:28 pm 

Dweezil is not an artist. He is a technician. I'm glad he's doing ZPZ though. I just wish he wasn't such an arrogant prick about it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:32 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
How can someone have fond memories of that show after 3 years of shit slinging?

Dweezil doesn't seem arrogant to me. He seems too insecure. He's a shadow. His music is a shadow. His own musical identity is drowned. Artistically, he is the opposite of his dad. Locked in someone else's past. Playing cover music. Caravan with a drum solo! He should put out an album called Shut Up And Play Your Dad's Guitar.

Awfully harsh there, Chico. I understand what you're saying but it still comes off awfully harsh.

Latest Fischer's Flicker press release
I Am Entertainment Magazine - 3.5/4 stars - REVIEW
Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:29 am 

Of course arrogance often comes from insecurity. But there's no need to treat your fans like crap.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:54 am 

BBP wrote:
there's no need to treat your fans like crap.

I agree.
PenguinInBondage wrote:
I understand what you're saying but it still comes off awfully harsh.

I agree.
KillUgly wrote:
Dweezil is not an artist. He is a technician.

Frank was into xenography, Dweezil is into xerography.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:06 pm 

Isn't that supposed to be xenochrony? Nice line though.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:20 pm 

BBP wrote:
Isn't that supposed to be xenochrony?

Yes. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:02 pm 

"Shut up and Play Your Dad's guitar"...that quote alone was worth the read....