Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:17 am 

hellooo everyone!
long time no read...

I'm lookin the option to goin' on one of these two concerts, and I need ya help. I was wondering is someone from Man or L'pool, who can help me find some cheap accomodation for one night, close to the venue?

also, what's the cheapest and fastest way to get from london to l'pool or manchester? train, bus? which company?

thanks for you help

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:28 am 

I booked a double room here which I no longer need

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/info?hotelId=153

Youre welcome to it for the price I paid £20 instead of current £63

http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/

are £23 return London-Manchester at the moment but that price will go up dramatically as each day passes!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:27 am 

Looks like you're now sorted (if take JamesE up on what looks an irrefusable offer!) but I'll be goin to at least one of these gigs (the Liverpool one; got tickets). 8) Am toying with the VIP for the Manchester one also though (assuming still available)....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:43 pm 

If it's The Phil where you are going in Liverpool to see ZPZ then it should be a good night.
We go to The Phil regularly for classical conerts and it's a wonderful theatre with a great stage and top notch acoustics.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:07 am 

thenoisydrum wrote:
If it's The Phil where you are going in Liverpool to see ZPZ then it should be a good night.
We go to The Phil regularly for classical conerts and it's a wonderful theatre with a great stage and top notch acoustics.

That's the venue, you're right 8) . Can't really speak from (critical) experience but am aware it's got a great reputation for it's acoustics :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:24 am 

I'm flying over from Sweden together with my wife, brother and sister-in-law to see the concert i Manchester on 22nd of November at Bridgewater Hall - Nice!
Arrives at Sunday by noon, and back on Wednesday the 23rd. Some christmas shopping, good food and drinks and on the to, the show with Dzeezil and the band! Could it be better? It will be my 6th ZPZ concert so far. They're really awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:11 pm 

I wonder if the "Carnegie Hall" 4-CD set will be available to buy at the concert in Manchester
Ordered two copies at the day it was announced, but if it's available on the tour, I definitely buy one copy directly.
Exactly the same happened last year when I saw ZPZ in Malmoe. There I could (and did) buy a copy of Hammersmith Odeon, even if I already had ordered two copies at the day it was announced.
Stupid - yeah maybe, but.......fun - yes!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:54 pm 
Banned

Good stuff
http://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/videos/1221

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:22 pm 

T_U wrote:
I wonder if the "Carnegie Hall" 4-CD set will be available to buy at the concert in Manchester

Never occurred to me that but will be cool if can get some of these new and/or ZFT releases at the concert for better prices (than importing from BS and/or ordering from G and S music (they price to match the ZFT prices via BS, inclusive of the shipping). Might have to take that opportunity if so 8)

Apotheosis wrote:

Nice rendition; the from the grave section was cooly spliced in!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:57 am 

Flea wrote:
and I need ya help

Well Flea obviously didn't need help at all as he's never responded...... so if anyone needs a room its still available

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:40 pm 

jamesE wrote:
Flea wrote:
and I need ya help

Well Flea obviously didn't need help at all as he's never responded...... so if anyone needs a room its still available

I will take it off you if it's still going. I'm heading over by myself and I am budget so this would help alot.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:13 pm 

Tyronehell wrote:
I will take it off you if it's still going

SOLD!

PM me and we'll sort out the finer details. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:28 pm 

Actually... I have another double room available too for the same price if anyone else is stuck...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:11 am 

Back in Sweden again - but unfortunately no "Carnegie Hall" at Bridgewater Hall, Manchester on Tuesday 22nd of November. Although a great and awesome concert as usual. This was the 6th time a saw ZPZ, and I've never been disappointed, it's the other way around!
Thanks to the whole band, for sure, I'll be back in the future!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:25 am 

Yeah, no Carnnegie Hall at Liverpool show either (so guessing not brought on tour or sold out at first few tour dates ie before Philharmonic Hall gig).

I was all set to grab a bundle while could at best prices but only item I needed that they had available was Hammermith Odeon for £35- £48 at g and s music which is cheaper than ordering from BS direct ie with shipping and import VAT etc this would be exceeded- which I nabbed, but no Buffalo, Lumpy Money, Mofo project/object or, of course, Carnegie Hall. Did have FTMAMM, CSMNL and GLS but all at prices you can get at G and S music (didn't realise this place was actually based in Liverpool until recently).

As for show itself it was excellent and I had a blast! The dance party was a welcome bonus and nice ode to Frank's penchant for audience participation 8) . Saw that clip of Guthrie Govan at the Bridgewater which must've been cool. :smoke:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:44 am 

jamesE wrote:
Flea wrote:
and I need ya help

sorry about not responding. I had turbulant times at college, and I had to quit my plans for Manchester , so I totaly forgot on this topic...

I really hope ZPZ will come to Croatia next year, cause this is becoming crazy. in 2010 they canceled conert in Padova (I've traveled there) and now I had to cancel everything... 2012 dweez'! 2012! :smoke: