Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:35 am
Posts: 2378
Location: Ipswich UK
BBP wrote:
Pappa, great to see you!
That's a tough thing to say considering it's been two years since they haven't been to Europe for nigh two years. But if they play Montana again, I think I'm gonna scream.


Hey! They were here last November.

Plook wrote:
There are many new songs on that play list...especially for Europe... :smoke:


With the exceptions of Debra and Whippin, all those songs have been played.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3645
Location: Vancouver, BC
July 12
Knoxville, TN
Bijou Theatre


1 Stinkfoot
2 Hungry Feaks Daddy!
3 Oh No
4 Montana - SEGUE
5 Let's Make The Water Turn Black - Instrumental
6 Dirty Love
7 Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance - Chris
8 Pojama People
9 Apostrophe - Kurt, DZ
10 Drum Solo - Black Page Drum Solo
11 The Black Page #2
12 DZ story - VH story - Eruption
13 Somebody Get Me A Doctor-
14 Boodledang -
15 You Didn't Try To Call Me - Scheila - SEGUE
16 City Of Tiny Lites
17 Orange County Lumber Truck
18 More Trouble Everyday
19 I'm The Slime

Encore

20 Camarillo Brillo
21 Debra Kadabra
22 Carolina Hardcore Ecstasy
23 Gumbo Variations

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3645
Location: Vancouver, BC
July 13
Nashville, TN
The Cannery Ballroom


1 Gumbo Variations
2 Hungry Feaks Daddy!
3 Oh No
4 Montana - SEGUE
5 Let's Make The Water Turn Black - Instrumental
6 Dirty Love
7 Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance - Chris
8 Camarillo Brillo
9 Apostrophe - Kurt, DZ - CHESTER THOMPSON http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HmtsKBDL7Y
10 I'm The Slime
11 Drum Solo - Black Page Drum Solo
12 The Black Page #2
13 DZ story - VH story - Eruption
14 Somebody Get Me A Doctor-
15 Boodledang -
16 You Didn't Try To Call Me - Scheila - SEGUE
17 City Of Tiny Lites
18 Orange County Lumber Truck
19 More Trouble Everyday - SEGUE
20 Muffin Man

Encore

21 Debra Kadabra
22 Penguin In Bondage
23 Carolina Hardcore Ecstasy
24 Whippin' Post

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Last edited by Disco Boy on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9690
Location: EINDHOVEN
PappaWas1975 wrote:
BBP wrote:
Pappa, great to see you!
That's a tough thing to say considering it's been two years since they haven't been to Europe for nigh two years. But if they play Montana again, I think I'm gonna scream.


Hey! They were here last November.



Oh right. I forgot that. Prolly because they weren't here.
Anyway I haven't seen them in two years, I would go to see them for Pete the roadie and Unica, and if they play Montana again I'll scream. Never thought I could get sick of a Zappa song, but there's ZPZ making the impossible possible.

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 2878
Location: Chicago, sort of.
Hey BBP, I thought of you last nite, as Dweezil was in Chicago playing Montana.... :wink:

_________________
Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9690
Location: EINDHOVEN
You're such a tease...

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:04 pm
Posts: 2878
Location: Chicago, sort of.
Well I saw Dweezil and the band last night, at the Chicago show. Great show. The highlight for me was Debra Kadabra. Pete the crew guy does a really good Beefheart imitation, so it was both funny and tight. Sheila was really on last night, especially during sax solos. Lots of great material from the 1st few albums, at long last. Penguin in Bondage! Carolina Hard Core Ecstasy!! A couple of really ripping Dweezil solos....

Lowlights:

1. No marimba/vibes (as we knew). It's a signature sound . Hire another percussion player please. The absence of the marimba left a hole you could drive a truck through.

2. 2 FULL VAN HALEN SONGS????? Does anyone care about VH? Isn't this supposed to be about Frank?

3. Similarly, what is Boodledang? Is that an undiscovered FZ song? Or, is it another off-topic song?

4. There was about a half hour "detour" (as Dweezil named it) in the middle of the show. It featured no FZ songs, lots of talking, unsuccessful audience participation, and it was really a mess. The room completely flat-lined.

5. See that big hole over there that you could drive another truck though? That's the hole where the other guitar used to be.....

6. Black Page without marimba?

imo :)

_________________
Everytime we picked a booger we'd flip it on this one winduh. Every night we'd contribute, 2, 3, 4 boogers. We had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the winduh. There was some goober ones that weren't even hard...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6961
Location: South wales
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Well I saw Dweezil and the band last night, at the Chicago show. Great show. The highlight for me was Debra Kadabra. Pete the crew guy does a really good Beefheart imitation, so it was both funny and tight. Sheila was really on last night, especially during sax solos. Lots of great material from the 1st few albums, at long last. Penguin in Bondage! Carolina Hard Core Ecstasy!! A couple of really ripping Dweezil solos....

Lowlights:

1. No marimba/vibes (as we knew). It's a signature sound . Hire another percussion player please. The absence of the marimba left a hole you could drive a truck through.

2. 2 FULL VAN HALEN SONGS????? Does anyone care about VH? Isn't this supposed to be about Frank?

3. Similarly, what is Boodledang? Is that an undiscovered FZ song? Or, is it another off-topic song?

4. There was about a half hour "detour" (as Dweezil named it) in the middle of the show. It featured no FZ songs, lots of talking, unsuccessful audience participation, and it was really a mess. The room completely flat-lined.

5. See that big hole over there that you could drive another truck though? That's the hole where the other guitar used to be.....

6. Black Page without marimba?

imo :)

Nice :shock:
Why don't they try a Trio Sheila and too Sax :twisted:

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:35 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21266
Location: Somewhere in time
cleon wrote:
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Well I saw Dweezil and the band last night, at the Chicago show. Great show. The highlight for me was Debra Kadabra. Pete the crew guy does a really good Beefheart imitation, so it was both funny and tight. Sheila was really on last night, especially during sax solos. Lots of great material from the 1st few albums, at long last. Penguin in Bondage! Carolina Hard Core Ecstasy!! A couple of really ripping Dweezil solos....

Lowlights:

1. No marimba/vibes (as we knew). It's a signature sound . Hire another percussion player please. The absence of the marimba left a hole you could drive a truck through.

2. 2 FULL VAN HALEN SONGS????? Does anyone care about VH? Isn't this supposed to be about Frank?

3. Similarly, what is Boodledang? Is that an undiscovered FZ song? Or, is it another off-topic song?

4. There was about a half hour "detour" (as Dweezil named it) in the middle of the show. It featured no FZ songs, lots of talking, unsuccessful audience participation, and it was really a mess. The room completely flat-lined.

5. See that big hole over there that you could drive another truck though? That's the hole where the other guitar used to be.....

6. Black Page without marimba?

imo :)

Nice :shock:
Why don't they try a Trio Sheila and too Sax :twisted:



I saw Sheila play two sax...and well I may add at the Berkley show in '07...awesome!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3645
Location: Vancouver, BC
Ronny's Noomies wrote:
Well I saw Dweezil and the band last night, at the Chicago show. Great show. The highlight for me was Debra Kadabra. Pete the crew guy does a really good Beefheart imitation, so it was both funny and tight. Sheila was really on last night, especially during sax solos. Lots of great material from the 1st few albums, at long last. Penguin in Bondage! Carolina Hard Core Ecstasy!! A couple of really ripping Dweezil solos....

Lowlights:

1. No marimba/vibes (as we knew). It's a signature sound . Hire another percussion player please. The absence of the marimba left a hole you could drive a truck through.

2. 2 FULL VAN HALEN SONGS????? Does anyone care about VH? Isn't this supposed to be about Frank?

3. Similarly, what is Boodledang? Is that an undiscovered FZ song? Or, is it another off-topic song?

4. There was about a half hour "detour" (as Dweezil named it) in the middle of the show. It featured no FZ songs, lots of talking, unsuccessful audience participation, and it was really a mess. The room completely flat-lined.

5. See that big hole over there that you could drive another truck though? That's the hole where the other guitar used to be.....

6. Black Page without marimba?

imo :)


Thanks for the review, Ronny's Noomies!

Boodledang is an old Z song. And I can only imagine how odd it would've been to hear a couple of VH songs and parts 1 & 2 of The Black Page without xylophone. But I'm glad you at least enjoyed most of it. :wink:

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3645
Location: Vancouver, BC
July 14
Bloomington, IL
The Castle Theatre


1 Gumbo Variations
2 Penguin In Bondage - SEGUE
3 Hungry Feaks Daddy!
4 Oh No
5 Montana - SEGUE
6 Let's Make The Water Turn Black - Instrumental
7 Dirty Love
8 Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance - Chris
9 Apostrophe - Kurt, DZ
10 I'm The Slime
11 Drum Solo - Black Page Drum Solo
12 The Black Page #2
13 DZ story - VH story - Eruption
14 Somebody Get Me A Doctor-
15 Boodledang -
16 You Didn't Try To Call Me - Scheila - SEGUE
17 City Of Tiny Lites
18 The Illinois Enema Bandit
19 Orange County Lumber Truck
20 More Trouble Everyday - SEGUE
21 Muffin Man

Encore

22 Camarillo Brillo
23 Debra Kadabra
24 Carolina Hardcore Ecstasy

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3645
Location: Vancouver, BC
July 15
Merrillville, IN
Star Plaza Theater


1 Gumbo Variations
2 Penguin In Bondage - SEGUE
3 Hungry Freaks Daddy!
4 Oh No
5 Montana - SEGUE
6 Let's Make The Water Turn Black - Instrumental
7 Dirty Love
8 Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance - Chris
9 Apostrophe - Kurt, DZ
10 Drum Solo - Black Page Drum Solo
11 The Black Page #2
12 DZ story - VH story - Eruption
13 Somebody Get Me A Doctor-
14 Boodledang -
15 You Didn't Try To Call Me - Scheila - SEGUE
16 City Of Tiny Lites
17 Orange County Lumber Truck
18 More Trouble Everyday
19 Eat That Question

Encore

20 Debra Kadabra
21 Carolina Hardcore Ecstasy
22 Camarillo Brillo - SEGUE AFTER END
22 Whippin' Post

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:48 am
Posts: 6302
Location: Your Mom's Box
Disco Douche.... your sig is really fucking annoying.

You like Ron Paul.... WE GET IT!!!

_________________
Make your checks payable to QUENTIN ROBERT DeNAMELAND, Greatest Living Philostopher Known to Mankind.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3645
Location: Vancouver, BC
jaypstunk wrote:
Disco Douche.... your sig is really fucking annoying.

You like Ron Paul.... WE GET IT!!!


And how is this going to stop me from changing my sig?

Anyway, I'm glad to be of service. :mrgreen:

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:37 pm
Posts: 339
Ron Paul reminds me of my Grandad.

_________________
Banned
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/banned


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Little_Sally wrote:
Ron Paul reminds me of my Grandad.

Waiting for you behind the woodshed right? :wink: :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:37 pm
Posts: 339
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Little_Sally wrote:
Ron Paul reminds me of my Grandad.

Waiting for you behind the woodshed right? :wink: :mrgreen:

I am not against going behind the woodshed just not with an old man and certainly not with a relative, I know you were joking right ?

_________________
Banned
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/banned


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Little_Sally wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Little_Sally wrote:
Ron Paul reminds me of my Grandad.

Waiting for you behind the woodshed right? :wink: :mrgreen:

I am not against going behind the woodshed just not with an old man and certainly not with a relative, I know you were joking right ?

Yes,it's part of a Zappa lyric.I do that alot,I call it talking Zappaneze. :lol:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:35 am
Posts: 2378
Location: Ipswich UK
* in the Tool shed.


More revision maybe, girls?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:28 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 21266
Location: Somewhere in time
PappaWas1975 wrote:
* in the Tool shed.


More revision maybe, girls?



6 of 1 a half dozen of another... :smoke:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Plook wrote:
PappaWas1975 wrote:
* in the Tool shed.


More revision maybe, girls?



6 of 1 a half dozen of another... :smoke:


6 to 1 or half a dozen to the other.It means that it means 6 to one person and a half a dozen to another person.It's the same either way.Old saying,like behind the toolshed.Unless he means a bakers dozen,then all bets are off!

btw,PappaWas1975,I'm a Man.I spell that M....A.....N.....MAN.More revision maybe,MAN? :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3645
Location: Vancouver, BC
July 17
Grand Rapids, MI
The Intersection


1 Stinkfoot
2 Penguin In Bondage - SEGUE
3 Hungry Freaks Daddy!
4 Oh No
5 Montana - SEGUE
6 Let's Make The Water Turn Black - Instrumental
7 Dirty Love
8 Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance - Chris
9 Apostrophe - Kurt, DZ
10 Drum Solo - Black Page Drum Solo
11 The Black Page #2
12 DZ story - VH story - Eruption
13 Somebody Get Me A Doctor-
14 Boodledang -
15 You Didn't Try To Call Me - Scheila - SEGUE
16 City Of Tiny Lites
17 Camarillo Brillo -
18 Cosmik Debris
19 Whippin' Post

Encore

20 Debra Kadabra
21 Carolina Hardcore Ecstasy
22 Muffin Man

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:11 pm
Posts: 3645
Location: Vancouver, BC
July 18
Cleveland, OH
House Of Blues


1 Gumbo Variations
2 Penguin In Bondage - SEGUE
3 Hungry Freaks Daddy!
4 Oh No
5 Montana - SEGUE
6 Let's Make The Water Turn Black - Instrumental
7 Dirty Love
8 Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance - Chris
9 Apostrophe - Kurt, DZ
10 Drum Solo - Black Page Drum Solo
11 The Black Page #2
12 DZ story - VH story - Eruption
13 Somebody Get Me A Doctor-
14 Boodledang -
15 You Didn't Try To Call Me - Scheila - SEGUE
16 City Of Tiny Lites
17 Camarillo Brillo -
18 Orange County Lumber Truck
19 More Trouble Everyday
20 I'm The Slime

Encore

21 Debra Kadabra
22 Carolina Hardcore Ecstasy
23 Muffin Man

_________________
:53 - :57...

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:35 am
Posts: 2378
Location: Ipswich UK
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
btw,PappaWas1975,I'm a Man.I spell that M....A.....N.....MAN.More revision maybe,MAN? :mrgreen:


Ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
PappaWas1975 wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
btw,PappaWas1975,I'm a Man.I spell that M....A.....N.....MAN.More revision maybe,MAN? :mrgreen:


Ok.

I'm kidding you know.You said girls so I qouted the song.That's all ok? We 8) .

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group