Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:42 pm 

About halfway through the Chico ZPZ concert on 2/17/12. Dweezil points out a group of young concert attendees in the first row (college age from my vantage point) and anoints them as new Zappa lifers while cautioning them that they could end up like "this guy" meaning our good Kapt. Kapt. Kiirk (front row and center) takes the cue and faces the crowd with the houselights directed on him and gives a bow. Just fucking perfect! I viewed this from the upper reaches of the facility. I know the Kapt. probably wouldn't like this but it probably places him in the pantheon of Zappa/ZPZ fans (Trendmonger be damned).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:30 pm 

Excellent! No pictures?

Miasma!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:46 am 

Come on Kirk, cough it up.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:20 am 

Its like this guys...
KillUgly2 wrote:
About halfway through the Chico ZPZ concert on 2/17/12. Dweezil points out a group of young concert attendees in the first row (college age from my vantage point) and anoints them as new Zappa lifers while cautioning them that they could end up like "this guy" meaning our good Kapt. Kapt. Kiirk (front row and center) takes the cue and faces the crowd with the houselights directed on him and gives a bow. Just fucking perfect! I viewed this from the upper reaches of the facility. I know the Kapt. probably wouldn't like this but it probably places him in the pantheon of Zappa/ZPZ fans (Trendmonger be damned).

That's all right on.I was lovin' the music and a couple of seats down I see a couple of kids headbanging like me.I bang,they bang,we all bang.Bang,bang,bang.This caught the attention of some members of the band.D'oh! So,it was all good and I stood up walked to the stage in front of Dweezil,so everyone in the back could see!(KU)I gave a quick strongman pose spread my arms wide and in one sweeping motion crossed my rt.arm across my waist,kept my left arm up and bowed deeply as I heard KkkkaaapptttaaaiinnKkkiiirrrkkk!!!!(must have been KU) Then I gave a quick thumbs up and a healthy wave,then back to my seat to quite a bit of applause.I was just having a great time.I'm glad alot of folks dug it.It is Chico,after all.The night got better for me.But thats another story.
Edit: At no time did I ask if they wanted a Hootnanny,no way,no how,man!
Now this was interesting.Towards the end of the show (last song) a headbanger kinda guy tryed to take Scott Thunes taped down setlist.Scott almost stomped on his hand but missed and the next time he got the list.Scott threw his banged up bass down and left.I got the setlist back,after explaining about how uncool that was.It's his property,these guys know more than three chords,and should be able to have a good time without having to worry about this little crap! He was real sorry and gave it to me.I gave it to Dweezil in Sac.where I was the Dancing Fool! Really no one can dance as bad as I! One of the band pointed/ratted me out again.I was to busy tryin' to dance to see who said that.Ask Plook,I thought it was Scott or Ben.It could of been Dweezil,it was definetly miked!"Don't dance like this guy here!" Thats Me! To shows and two mentions for having lots of good clean fun.Now thats hip! They did mention that the show was going on back east and parts in between starting late next month.Thats not in stone so take it as a rumor for now.But that's what they're talking about.
Dweezil did mention.....well I can't say.Apotheosis wants him to forget the kids,the tour,the CD's "In The Moment" and stay home and work on his "already paid for" and "promised down load" of the YCFTOSA Roxy show he was at.So was I.But I would much rather not hear the BS about it here,when Dweezil is on DZW.and not Zappa.com.PM me and I'll let anyone know the rest.
Peace,love,bells,beads and Frank Zappa!? Two shows,two nights,too cool!
Hows that ya'll? :D :mrgreen: {-

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:47 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Edit: At no time did I ask if they wanted a Hootnanny,no way,no how,man!

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:58 am 

Yes I was in row 2 seat 1 stage left and Dancing Fool was strumming a good ol' sing along when out of the corner of my eye I see a hunched back figure approaching the designated dance area in front of the stage and low and behold its the Good Kapt. He made the appropriate spectical of himself that the song requires when acting out the part, Ben used the opportunity to anounce in song "This guy is Totally Wrong..." great laughs all around and I beliave it was DZ who chimed in "Don't dance like that guy..." again a great laugh ring out, it was fun and the Good Kapts interaction in this song brought a lot of comic relief to an already dead on show...

:smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:32 pm 

Sam I Am wrote:
Excellent! No pictures?

Not that I know of as I was the "talent" and "In The Moment" at the time! :mrgreen: LOL!!!!
Plook wrote:
Yes I was in row 2 seat 1 stage left and Dancing Fool was strumming a good ol' sing along when out of the corner of my eye I see a hunched back figure approaching the designated dance area in front of the stage and low and behold its the Good Kapt. He made the appropriate spectical of himself that the song requires when acting out the part, Ben used the opportunity to anounce in song "This guy is Totally Wrong..." great laughs all around and I beliave it was DZ who chimed in "Don't dance like that guy..." again a great laugh ring out, it was fun and the Good Kapts interaction in this song brought a lot of comic relief to an already dead on show...

Plook,you gave me a high five as I left the dancing area! Thanks....if you remember! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:31 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Sam I Am wrote:
Excellent! No pictures?

Not that I know of as I was the "talent" and "In The Moment" at the time! :mrgreen: LOL!!!!
Plook wrote:

Plook,you gave me a high five as I left the dancing area! Thanks....if you remember! :mrgreen:

Of course I do you didn't slip me that mickey until later on that night when we were at the Eyes Wide Shut Party, How did you manage to get that Mask and beads so fast...what a minute I probably don't want to know.

Actually I have a photo of the Dancing Fool, if you want it.

:smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:05 pm 

Plook wrote:
Of course I do you didn't slip me that mickey until later on that night when we were at the Eyes Wide Shut Party, How did you manage to get that Mask and beads so fast...what a minute I probably don't want to know.
Actually I have a photo of the Dancing Fool, if you want it.

I sure do want a copy of the Dancing Fool! You got my e-mail don't ya? The beads/mask were from the Madigras gang that blew in from Old Town Sacramento! Happy Fat Tuesday Plook and everyone! Pete Fountain is the Grande Marshal of the Fat Tuesday parade and the Kings Ball! One of my favorite clarinet dixie land jazz players and at a very young 91! Atta boy Pete! 8)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:18 pm 

Hey Kirk, thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:49 pm 

I've seen ZPZ...but Kapt Kiirk too? I'd have to put in my diary as a 4 star night.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:21 pm 

polydigm wrote:

It was a blast Poly! Glad to share such a good time! I hope I didn't "spoil" it for the true musical fanatics that were there.I don't think that was possible at either show.Everyone I saw had a big grin on there face.The band seemed real happy too and it showed! Quite a few folks said hi to me after the shows with lines like "So your the famous Zappa man! Right on brother!" (in Chico,a college town) or "Do you really dance that bad or was that on purpose?!" in Sacramento,CA.,(state capital) and variations on that basic theme.Even the band members liked that I was having such a good time and said so after the show.That was the best compliment of all.The last thing I intended was bothering the band and I think some of my energy rubbed off.So that was a good thing.It was as if we were among friends partying,alot of them,but still friends just partying together.Very cool=Very happy. 8) :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:27 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
I've seen ZPZ...but Kapt Kiirk too? I'd have to put in my diary as a 4 star night.

We should of flown you out for one or both shows.Plook has enough frequent flyer miles you could of flown for free! Right Plook?....Plook!.....Hey Plook where'd ya go? :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:28 pm 

Man, I would've paid extra to see that show. Nice ambassador-at-large action! :mrgreen:

Miasma!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:49 pm 

Sam I Am wrote:
Man, I would've paid extra to see that show. Nice ambassador-at-large action! :mrgreen:

Hey,hey we are not groupies! Me and my girlfriends KillUgly and Plook,just like musicians as friends,Sam You Is! (Ya that's the ticket,just friends :wink: ) :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:26 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Sam I Am wrote:

Hey,hey we are not groupies! Me and my girlfriends KillUgly and Plook,just like musicians as friends,Sam You Is! (Ya that's the ticket,just friends :wink: ) :mrgreen:

If my miles are transferable I would help a brother out, and we are not Groupies!... :smoke:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:27 pm 

polydigm wrote:

Sam I Am wrote:

x2!!! :twisted:

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:33 pm 
Banned

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Sam I Am wrote:

KK you are so stupid it shows you are a miscreant and a great dancing fooler

What is it like to go thru life misunderstanding everthing you see?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:01 pm 

:twisted: We are the other people! :twisted:
For what it's worth:Dweezil said he has this tour in mind for a CD.Thats why,I assume,the setlist are the same.Makes sense.Oh and I did meet him on the street before the show with Megan.I was sitting at an outdoor cafe around the corner and I see him at the light with her and he sees me,with a strange kinda look ya know? Like is this gonna be cool or what? Well they cross over and he looks my way and I say "hi Dweezil I don't want to bother you,but have a good show and thanks." We shook hands over the rail as they passed by and he says "your Kirk right?." "Yes." So they walk on and I start on my sandwich.Half hour or so later I see him walking just down from me so I say "do you happen to know when the soundcheck is?" he said "well as soon as were all there so come on." This time he wasn't so "oh no" looking or sounding,so I left a quik tip jumped the rail and caught up with them,the promoter Ben and a few other hip Zappa freaks.Everyone was jovial and I sat with Megan and we struck-up a convesation(she's a real nice lady) and in the middle of a sentance she says "that's him!" I say who? She says "oh this guy who was at the last show.She told me his name and I told her not worry,thats not the guy,as I have a picture of him that's in Davis.She asked me if I would get it before the Sacramento show and I did.But back in Chico she did get a really good picture of me and Dweezil at the sound check.They were all nice folks and I already was recognized by Glynn Woods the man that makes that crazy Zappa Ju-Ju sound.So just being the controlled extrovert I am,I manage to put a positive spin on everything Zappa that I was enjoying so much anyway.Maybe I'll be in the crowd noise on a CD someday.I'll be the one yelling Zappa!! At the very least I stopped Dweezil and Megan from being worried about an assholes threats so he could relax and play that great fuckin music man! Whatta show! :twisted: 8)
EDIT: I spelt some names wrong and one was completely wrong so I've made the nessasary changes.

Last edited by KAPT.KIIRK on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:07 am 

And being the gent you are, you won't mention who the creep is. :mrgreen: Glad you had such a good time---someone stole (forgive me for forgetting his name) the lead singer's setlist or lyric sheet (can't recall) at the San Luis show--people can be so grabby! When Dweezil was introducing "Ride My Face To Chicago", he dedicated it to "My girlfriend Megan" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Silly lad. I had a great time for the most part, but it was at a 400 capacity bar with NO SEATING! Mah dawgs were barkin' and I had to leave before the show ended, but I got to hear the sound check outside, so it was like getting two shows for the price of one. From Disco Boy's setlist from that night, I missed about 4 songs, 3 of which I heard while waiting for the show. Too old to stand for that long---had a similar circumstance at Anahiem House Of Blues a few years ago. I was seeing ZPZ again the next night at the Wiltern, so I ducked out during the encore. Blah blah blah.... Thanks for sharing, KK!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:30 am 

Apotheosis wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
KK you are so stupid it shows you are a miscreant and a great dancing fooler
What is it like to go thru life misunderstanding everthing you see?

Hey now, ease up there buddy. Besides, I'd say that a little misunderstanding would be preferable than thinking you understand everything you see...
I think that the Kapt and eye saw I to I and understood each other just fine. At least, I feel that I got the reference that he was referencing.

You, on the other hand, I think I'll give up trying to get a handle on. :roll:

Miasma!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:19 am 

Thanks Sam and Dovey,we get the picture I see.I know I feel rejuvinated by the two shows,thats a shame about standing Dovey,I have the same problem so I dance (not so good :lol: ) just to relieve the stress on my back! Sam You Is you hit the nail on the head bro'! I have the "person of interest" on Ignore.It's great and I don't peak,I prefer to post here without the negativity,ya know? No reason or use for it.I know some post will make it on to where I see it,but it's so ludacris when you know the real story behind the insanity of it all.Thanks for the back-up my friend.We "get it" some don't.
Almond Joys got nuts,Mounds don't! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:21 am 

Sometimes you feel like a nut,
Sometimes you...

don't.

Miasma!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:17 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Thanks Sam and Dovey,we get the picture I see.I know I feel rejuvinated by the two shows,thats a shame about standing Dovey,I have the same problem so I dance (not so good :lol: ) just to relieve the stress on my back! Sam You Is you hit the nail on the head bro'! I have the "person of interest" on Ignore.It's great and I don't peak,I prefer to post here without the negativity,ya know? No reason or use for it.I know some post will make it on to where I see it,but it's so ludacris when you know the real story behind the insanity of it all.Thanks for the back-up my friend.We "get it" some don't.

reminds me of Jeffry Dahmer, when they searched his apartment they found a gallon jar filled with testicles; when questioned about the jar dahmer said ,"sometimes you feel like a nut sometimes you don't"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:57 pm 

BRAVO SIERRA wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

reminds me of Jeffry Dahmer, when they searched his apartment they found a gallon jar filled with testicles; when questioned about the jar dahmer said ,"sometimes you feel like a nut sometimes you don't"

LMAO! :lol: :mrgreen: