Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:35 am 

Umphrey's McGee is going to play a concert of covers for Halloween and put out a ballot for the fans to vote on selections.
I don't know what the final picks were but the vote is over. Do you think that the ad copied below gives a clue?

I think Zomby Woof might have been on the ballot. If anyone here knows for sure lemme know, cuz there is supposed to be a broadcast feed on the web.
Also, the opener is a great Talking Heads cover band.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:02 am 

10.27.2012Riverside Theater, Milwaukee, WI, USA

Set 1: Wappy Sprayberry > All In Time > Smell the Mitten, Loose Ends, Slacker, Life During Exodus[1], JaJunk

Set 2: The Triple Wide > Rocker Part 2, Ace of Long Nights[2], Kabump > Mulche's Odyssey, Andy's Last Beer, Prowler[3] > All In Time

Encore: Frankie Zombie[4]

[1] debut; Life During Wartime (Talking Heads) + Exodus (Bob Marley) + City of Tiny Lites (Frank Zappa) mash-up; with Charlie Otto (This Must Be the Band) on vocals
[2] debut; Ace of Spades (Motorhead) + It's Gonna Be a Long Night (Ween) mash-up
[3] with Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love (Van Halen) tease
[4] debut; Thunder Kiss '65 (White Zombie) + Relax (Frankie Goes to Hollywood) + Have a Cigar (Pink Floyd) mash-up
Notes:
band costumes: Brendan was Jay ZZ Top, Jake was Johnny Cassius Clay, Joel was Nacho Liberace, Andy was Ludachrist, Kris was Elton John McEnroe, and Ryan was Salvador Dali Parton
with Cheap Sunglasses (ZZ Top) teased before Loose Ends and La Grange (ZZ Top) teased before Ace of Long Nights
Support: This Must Be the Band

I'm kind of disappointed that they chose COTL, in that they've done it before, albeit not as a mash-up. However, previous incarnations have Ray White sitting in, which pretty much trumps whatever this might bring to the table.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:39 am 

Do you have Directv Arkay? They're showing a concert live on the 31st. (I suspect you might already know that....)

http://www.axs.tv/blogs/umphreys-mcgee-all-night-wrong-live-halloween-on-axs-tv/

Anyway, great band. I'll probably be recording it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:22 am 

I do not have directv. I thought that I'd be able to burn a stream, but now that I'm looking at it, I'm not sure. I'll have to look into it more later. Otherwise, if someone else has figgered out if this will be a free stream, lemme know.