Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:43 am 

Incredible show
Zappa Plays Zappa Barrymore Theatre - Madison, WI - Sat, Dec 8, 2012
Favorite moment: Who are the brain police

Dweezil has simply mastered the art of compiling incredible talent to accompany his great skill just like his father used to do. I decided to make the trip to Madison, WI after being fully impressed seeing ZPZ in Merryville, IN just months ago. I've been a huge Frank Zappa fan for the majority of my life and thus know a lot of the material. What has impressed me most is that ZPZ played almost a completely different set list even though the shows were only separated by about 5-6 months. They have also added a new keyboard player who absoluely nailed, "I'm so cute" and executed all of his fills flawlessly. In truth, I could go musician by musician and give a 10 page thesis on why they are phenomenal, but time doesn't permit here. If you are looking to see some of the greatest music ever written being performed by the next best thing to Frank, then ZPZ is the answer.

Setlist: 1 Treacherous Cretins 2 Hungry Freaks, Daddy! 3 Teenage Prostitute 4 Echidna's Arf
5 Penguin In Bondage - SEGUE 6 Pygmy Twylyte - Ben SUNRISE - SCHEILA solo - SEGUE 7 Idiot Bastard Son - SEGUE 8 I'm So Cute - SEGUE 9 Baby Snakes 10 Tryin' To Grow A Chin 11 Harder Than Your Husband - SEGUE 12 Win Up Workin' In A GasStation - SEGUE 13 Ride My Face To Chicago - Intermission14 Eat That Question
15 Motherly Love 16 Oh No 17 Let's Make The Water Turn Black 18 Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance 19 Outside Now 20 Cosmik Debris 21 Debra Kadabra 22 Who Are The Brain Police? 23 Sofa 24 Packard Goose Encore 25 Whippin' Post 26 Zomby Woof - Joe Guzzo 27 Strictly Genteel

Your Seats: Section - GENADM, Row - G05, Start Seat 1002, End Seat 1003 @