Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:16 am 

Whats wrong with being cynical?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:50 pm 

Gray_Ghost wrote:

Cynicism>Temperance>Silence>Order>Resolution>Frugality>Industry>Sincerity>Justice>Moderation
>Cleanliness>Tranquility>Chastity>Humility>Metta>Karuṇā>Mudita>Upeksha>Ahimsa >Dama>Asteya>Saucha>Satyam>Reason, Purpose, and Self-Esteem>Rationality>Ape>Cockroach>Maggot>Ayn Rand

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:18 pm 

Gray_Ghost wrote:

Nothing wrong with having open eyes and not automatically accepting everything at face value but I think being extremely cynical is not the healthiest of attitudes for most people. Just my opinion. The extremely cynical are too quick to condemn IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:24 pm 

I agree^

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:51 am 

KUIII wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:

Nothing wrong with having open eyes and not automatically accepting everything at face value but I think being extremely cynical is not the healthiest of attitudes for most people. Just my opinion. The extremely cynical are too quick to condemn IMO.

What's wrong in this picture? :arrow: http://www.zappa.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10251&start=725#p612612

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:51 am 

KUIII wrote:
chumcloud wrote:
I can tell you DZ has almost nothing to do with FZ releases or the pace that they are released. Fact.
And Black Flag are awesome and pioneers. What they did, they did. Doesn't take away from what Dweezil does. And if you don't think he's doing it to spread the music of his father, with the purest intentions, your really cynical.

Thanks. That's good to know. It's been hard to tell what the division is in the ZFT/Gail/Dweezil axis. There has certainly never been any contradictions in that equation before and impossible to tell if Dweezil has any opinions that are different than his mother's.

In regards to Frank Zappa releases. At times I am puzzled why fans have a hard time understanding which Frank Zappa CDs and Videos Dweezil has been involved with. Each Frank Zappa release clearly states whose producing and engineering these releases. If fans take the time to understand the projects they have been listening to the level of Dweezil's involvement on each and any CD or Video should be obvious. The CDs have clear liner notes. Surely there are a number of Frank Zappa releases that Dweezil has been involved with, but there are so very many Frank Zappa record projects that he's not overtly invovled with because he is justifyably doing his own thing. I don't view this as a definitive reason but just one obvious one. I don't feel any need to put Dweezil and Gail on opposite ends of the scale of production and release schedule of each and every FZ CD but it's clear Dweezil is doing his own thing and that many Frank Zappa projects are what they are, where the executive production side that Gail gets invovleds with in FZ releases are as stated in the liner notes.

In regards to future Frank Zappa Audio or Video projects Dweezil could be invovled with. It's been some time since we first heard news that Dweezil would be getting invovled in creating multi-channel mixes of some of FZs works. If I remember correctly this was published in a MIX audio magazine many moons ago, but it's clear that Dweezil is extremely busy, he's extensively touring with Zappa Plays Zappa, producing audio and video projects of Zappa Plays Zappa, Dweezila, Experience Hendrix, and but also, thank the goodness of dedication to family life. I salute him that he spends some quality time with his family now and then. As much as I have waited a long time for Dweezil to get invovled with more FZ releases, I just appreciate what has been happening and remain optimistic of what is to come.

I don't feel any need to pick on any fan for having not previously understood what chumcloud is talking about, but if they openened their eyes the dedication Dweezil gives to each and every day of his life is that of a very busy man. Folks have had countless opportunities to get to know Dweezil better. How he has opened his heart to the music, and but also, to the fans. I don't see that stopping anytime soon. He loving what he does. I salute him for all of his efforts. On the Dweezil side in 2014 I'm looking forward to seeing more live shows, ZPZ Roxy Tour, Experience Hendrix shows and some audio and video releases .

It was very nice for chumcloud to come here and alert some folks on some things they may not have realized.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:44 am 

DC Boogie wrote:
KUIII wrote:
Gray_Ghost wrote:

What's wrong in this picture? :arrow: http://www.zappa.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10251&start=725#p612612

Fair enough. I'm working on it. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:52 am 

Trendmonger wrote:
KUIII wrote:
chumcloud wrote:
I can tell you DZ has almost nothing to do with FZ releases or the pace that they are released. Fact.
And Black Flag are awesome and pioneers. What they did, they did. Doesn't take away from what Dweezil does. And if you don't think he's doing it to spread the music of his father, with the purest intentions, your really cynical.

Thanks. That's good to know. It's been hard to tell what the division is in the ZFT/Gail/Dweezil axis. There has certainly never been any contradictions in that equation before and impossible to tell if Dweezil has any opinions that are different than his mother's.

In regards to Frank Zappa releases. At times I am puzzled why fans have a hard time understanding which Frank Zappa CDs and Videos Dweezil has been involved with. Each Frank Zappa release clearly states whose producing and engineering these releases. If fans take the time to understand the projects they have been listening to the level of Dweezil's involvement on each and any CD or Video should be obvious. The CDs have clear liner notes. Surely there are a number of Frank Zappa releases that Dweezil has been involved with, but there are so very many Frank Zappa record projects that he's not overtly invovled with because he is justifyably doing his own thing. I don't view this as a definitive reason but just one obvious one. I don't feel any need to put Dweezil and Gail on opposite ends of the scale of production and release schedule of each and every FZ CD but it's clear Dweezil is doing his own thing and that many Frank Zappa projects are what they are, where the executive production side that Gail gets invovleds with in FZ releases are as stated in the liner notes.

In regards to future Frank Zappa Audio or Video projects Dweezil could be invovled with. It's been some time since we first heard news that Dweezil would be getting invovled in creating multi-channel mixes of some of FZs works. If I remember correctly this was published in a MIX audio magazine many moons ago, but it's clear that Dweezil is extremely busy, he's extensively touring with Zappa Plays Zappa, producing audio and video projects of Zappa Plays Zappa, Dweezila, Experience Hendrix, and but also, thank the goodness of dedication to family life. I salute him that he spends some quality time with his family now and then. As much as I have waited a long time for Dweezil to get invovled with more FZ releases, I just appreciate what has been happening and remain optimistic of what is to come.

I don't feel any need to pick on any fan for having not previously understood what chumcloud is talking about, but if they openened their eyes the dedication Dweezil gives to each and every day of his life is that of a very busy man. Folks have had countless opportunities to get to know Dweezil better. How he has opened his heart to the music, and but also, to the fans. I don't see that stopping anytime soon. He loving what he does. I salute him for all of his efforts. On the Dweezil side in 2014 I'm looking forward to seeing more live shows, ZPZ Roxy Tour, Experience Hendrix shows and some audio and video releases .

It was very nice for chumcloud to come here and alert some folks on some things they may not have realized.

Thank you TM. You are quite right on all counts.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:14 pm 

No, TM is NOT right on all counts.

DZ has a cushy fucking job and don't let his PR machine fool you. All the music was handed to him, for fucks sake. Don't try to act as if he is punching in at 5am on some assembly line. He's just tracing over his dad's art. And TM kisses his ass for it. He's an enabler. If DZ is such a saint why doesn't he play like one?

Trendmonger wrote:
If fans take the time to understand the projects they have been listening to the level of Dweezil's involvement on each and any CD or Video should be obvious.

I'm an FZ fan not a DZ fan. I don't really give enough of a shit to take the time to understand DZ's involvement in ZFT releases. The liner notes are often terrible and I'm not gonna read 'em. Just because DZ does not have much to do with the releasing of FZ music does not change the fact that he makes easy money out there on the road.

40 dollars for a fucking t-shirt? Kiss my ass, yuppie swindler.

And who butchered/edited the Halloween '78 release?

ZPZ are third rate imitators. I believe FZ would shit all over this band if it wasn't his son. I believe DZ would play his own music on tour if anyone gave a shit about it. Anyone can copy. That aint working. Maybe get a blister...

Do it for free if you're doing it out of love for the music. Go into debt for it and I will believe your sincerity. It seems like an ego trip to me. Yet the tripper has nothing to offer but covers of oldies.

If TM keeps lying to us I'm gonna keep challenging his lies. This cover band syndrome is a racket. DZ is a clone. They prey on the fans genuine love of something that has died. Nostalgia mongers.

I'll shut up when Trendy shuts up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:33 pm 

Thank you DM. You are quite right on all counts. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:11 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

That's right, KK!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:39 pm 

KUIII wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

That's right, KK!

You know we gotta stick together. ~ FZ :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 pm 

downer mydnyte is a complete fucking moron.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:42 pm 

^I hope you brought yer fucking shinebox.

I know exactly what I'm talking about. Are you trying to tell me ZPZ is worthy of adulation for tracing over a true artists life's work? It's no different than re-typing someone else's novel and putting it in a shiny new package with your name on it.

He's doing it as a career. That's fine. He's supporting his family. I don't blame him. Don't pretend he has anything to offer as a guitar player/musical artist. FZ already offered it. Don't act like DZ is doing us a favor. He's a hack. If not he'd be out there doing something unique. No?

If one of us is a moron it's you.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:01 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:

If one of us is a moron it's you.

What about you got it wrong and your both Morons :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:05 pm 

If I got it wrong then show me where I got it wrong.

Read this first:
"DEATH BY NOSTALGIA: It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice -- there are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia. When you compute the length of time between 'The Event' and 'Nostalgia For The Event,' the span seems to be about 'a year less in each cycle.' Eventually, within the next quarter of a century the nostalgia cycles will be so close together that people will not be able to take a step without being nostalgic for the one they just took. At that point, everything stops. Death by Nostalgia." -FZ -- The Real Frank Zappa Book -pg203

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:06 pm 

Read it years Ago
Fuck you And Nostalgia 8)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:26 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
Subject: 2014 ZPZ ROXY & ELSEWHERE TOUR DATES (JANUARY - MARCH)

cleon wrote:

Fuck me?

That's not necessary. Why not just be respectful? I could rip you down, too. But you're not worth it.

PM me and i aint worth it go Fuck YOURSELF :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:38 pm 

cleon wrote:
downer mydnyte wrote:
Subject: 2014 ZPZ ROXY & ELSEWHERE TOUR DATES (JANUARY - MARCH)

cleon wrote:

Fuck me?

That's not necessary. Why not just be respectful? I could rip you down, too. But you're not worth it.

PM me and i aint worth it go Fuck YOURSELF :smoke:

You're a coward. PM's are private, asshole. I was trying to keep this kind of "little-baby" nonsense off the forum but you like to smear your shit in everyone's face.

Say it to my face it might be worth something.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:44 pm 

Coward
Your a Dick head and i would say it too your face :smoke:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:46 pm 

Nostalgia or not it's nice to have good musicians out there still playing the music. The music is of a standard that it deserves to be played and studied by serious musicians. This isn't a Bay City Rollers tribute band we're talking about here.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:48 pm 

cleon wrote:
i would say it too your face

No you wouldn't.

KUIII..
I really don't wanna have this discussion but Trendmonger is so full of shit I feel the need to respond. I'm willing to let it go and then here comes Jaypfunk and cleon.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:55 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
cleon wrote:
i would say it too your face

No you wouldn't.

KUIII..
I really don't wanna have this discussion but Trendmonger is so full of shit I feel the need to respond. I'm willing to let it go and then here comes Jaypfunk and cleon.

I Would and worse if your provoke me you Asshole :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:58 pm 

You're provoking me. Check the evidence above.

Was that a threat of violence?
Jesus, that is stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:03 pm 

downer mydnyte wrote:
You're provoking me. Check the evidence above.

Was that a threat of violence?
Jesus, that is stupid.

Good Your a Asshole
was what a threat of violence i say it again fuck you
Stupid Cunt 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next