Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Bozzio Solo Tour
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 2208
Solo drum music from Terry playing " the world's largest tuned drum and percussion set". http://www.terrybozzio.com/tour-dates


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bozzio Solo Tour
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9691
Location: EINDHOVEN
Wow!
'Course he's not planning any soloing in Europe... darn.

An Evening with TERRY BOZZIO


North American Tour 2014

(More Dates from August through October are being added everyday! Check back often for updates!


Drum legend Terry Bozzio performs an evening of solo drum music on the world´s largest tuned drum and percussion set

An Evening with TERRY BOZZIO

North American Tour 2014

Drum legend Terry Bozzio performs solo drum music on the world´s largest tuned drum and percussion set

17.08.2014 US-AZ-Phoenix, MIM Music Theater

23.08.2014 US-CO-Denver, Soiled Dove

26.08.2014 US-OK-Tulsa, The Vanguard

28.08.2014 US-TX-Conroe, Dosey Doe

31.08.2014 US-TX-Austin, One World Theater

04.09.2014 US-FL-Orlando, Plaza Live

05.09.2014 US-FL-Largo, Largo Cultural Center

13.09.2014 US-NL-Asbury Park, The Saint

14.09.2014 US-NY-New York City, Iridium (shows at 8pm & 10pm)

15.09.2014 US-NY-New York City, Iridium (shows at 8pm & 10pm)

16.09.2014 CT-Stafford Springs, Stafford Palace Theater NEW!!!

19.09.2014 CA-ON-Richmond Hill, Cosmopolitan Music Hall

21.09.2014 US-NY-Buffalo, Nietzches

24.09.2014 US-TN-Nashville, 3rd and Lindsley

26.09.2014 US-KY-Newport, The Southgate House Revival

30.09.2014 US-AR-Little Rock, Juanitas

05.10.2014 US-IL-Chicago, Martyrs

06.10.2014 US-IL-Chicago, Martyrs

19.10.2014 US-WA-Seattle, The Triple Door

20.10.2014 US-OR-Portland, Aladdin Theater

23.10.2014 US-CA-Oakland, Yoshi´s

25.10.2014 US-CA-Los Angeles, Catalina´s

26.10.2014 US-CA-Los Angeles, Catalina´s

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bozzio Solo Tour
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:17 am
Posts: 370
Location: England
But he will be in Europe in July with the Brecker Brothers Reunion Band - see some dates here: http://idiotbastard.com/BastardDiary.htm

_________________
Festival MOO-AH! 20/21 MARCH 2015
The Raven Hall, Corby, Northants NN17 1AG
starring: IKE WILLIS with ZAPPATiKA; John Etheridge's ZAPPATISTAS; THE MUFFIN MEN
Zappa music and much, much MOO-AH!
www.FestivalMoo-AH.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bozzio Solo Tour
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:45 am
Posts: 9691
Location: EINDHOVEN
...But not solo...

_________________
Image
Join the PackardGoose forum! Send me a PM!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bozzio Solo Tour
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Yoshi's in Oakland, CA. sounds doable in Oct.. Saw the GrandMothers there awhile back with slime.o. Nice place with good sound. I just hope the stage is big enough for all of Terry's drum set + this big assed drum he's haulin' around on this tour too! 8)
You goin' KU? :?:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bozzio Solo Tour
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 5366
Location: Orange County Ca.
Good to know. I've never been to the famous Catalina Bar & Grill.

Just found out that you must buy dinner + $30 ticket, for the LA shows.

_________________
talkin' bout them tiny cookies...that the peoples eat


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bozzio Solo Tour
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2002 3:42 pm
Posts: 1042
Location: The Short Forest
9/21 @ Nietzsche's in Buffalo. That's a tiny club. Project/Object used to play there alot back in the day. Not sure how Terry Ted's gonna fit his monster kit on that stage. $30. I'll have to think about this one. Wish it was at a nice seated theater.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bozzio Solo Tour
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:17 am
Posts: 370
Location: England
BBP wrote:
...But not solo...


...I'll get my coat...

_________________
Festival MOO-AH! 20/21 MARCH 2015
The Raven Hall, Corby, Northants NN17 1AG
starring: IKE WILLIS with ZAPPATiKA; John Etheridge's ZAPPATISTAS; THE MUFFIN MEN
Zappa music and much, much MOO-AH!
www.FestivalMoo-AH.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bozzio Solo Tour
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 2208
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Yoshi's in Oakland, CA. sounds doable in Oct.. Saw the GrandMothers there awhile back with slime.o. Nice place with good sound. I just hope the stage is big enough for all of Terry's drum set + this big assed drum he's haulin' around on this tour too! 8)
You goin' KU? :?:

Thinking about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bozzio Solo Tour
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
KUIII wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Yoshi's in Oakland, CA. sounds doable in Oct.. Saw the GrandMothers there awhile back with slime.o. Nice place with good sound. I just hope the stage is big enough for all of Terry's drum set + this big assed drum he's haulin' around on this tour too! 8)
You goin' KU? :?:

Thinking about it.

Don't strain yourself. :wink: :mrgreen: I usually hit the head during rock & roll drum solos. This sounds like one big long solo. Any idea who's in the band with him or is it just TB with his kit and a big assed drum? :?

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bozzio Solo Tour
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 2208
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
KUIII wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Yoshi's in Oakland, CA. sounds doable in Oct.. Saw the GrandMothers there awhile back with slime.o. Nice place with good sound. I just hope the stage is big enough for all of Terry's drum set + this big assed drum he's haulin' around on this tour too! 8)
You goin' KU? :?:

Thinking about it.

Don't strain yourself. :wink: :mrgreen: I usually hit the head during rock & roll drum solos. This sounds like one big long solo. Any idea who's in the band with him or is it just TB with his kit and a big assed drum? :?

It's just TB and his big ass drum set. It won't be everybodies cup of tea I'm sure but this should be amazing! I've heard some of his solo drum CDs and seen some dvd's and it really is something to see and hear. Very interesting compositionally and of course his technique is amazing. I can't think of another drummer who I would pay to see in this type of settting unless they were just doing a clinic at the local music store.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bozzio Solo Tour
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
I've seen Buddy Rich a couple a times and Ginger Baker's group Air Force with two drummers and The Dead had two drummers which produced some very good music too, so I might be into this one also....maybe. I'll have to listen to what the drums say Kemosabbi, then decide. :lol:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bozzio Solo Tour
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:33 am
Posts: 3600
Thanks for this. Would like to witness but in a supper club? Seems like an odd fit to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bozzio Solo Tour
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:31 am 
Online

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:55 am
Posts: 1259
KUIII wrote:
It's just TB and his big ass drum set. It won't be everybodies cup of tea I'm sure but this should be amazing! I've heard some of his solo drum CDs and seen some dvd's and it really is something to see and hear. Very interesting compositionally and of course his technique is amazing. I can't think of another drummer who I would pay to see in this type of settting unless they were just doing a clinic at the local music store.


I saw one of Terry's solo drum shows around ten years ago. He was actually playing melodies, from Miles Davis's early fusion period ("Directions" and "Spanish Key").


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group