Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:13 pm 

zombie1210 wrote:
Your logic is as dated as you are stupid.

Well, if you've read the thread, you'll see that it's already been PROVEN that that logic applies here, dumbass.

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:16 pm 
Banned

Disco Boy=broken record.

Your INTERPRETATIONS are the hilarious part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:33 pm 

zombie1210 wrote:
Disco Boy=broken record.

Your INTERPRETATIONS are the hilarious part.

zombie1210 = undeniably retarded reading comprehension skills.

Oh and btw, the Seattle and Vancouver shows are still NOT sold out.

"...I'm absolutely a Libertarian on MANY issues..." ~ Frank Zappa, Rochester, NY, March 11, 1988

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:43 pm 
Banned

What are the figures, oh great swami of all things related to concert attendance and gross profits?

You Canatards won't be on the DVD. Maybe they didn't want to hear anyone yell "hoser"!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:46 pm 
Banned

Disco Boy wrote:
The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Fun thought experiment youse have created. Weighing the accuracy of business measurement systems versus the reliability of the human eye. Probably impossible to have a solid win for either side, but fun anyway.

It's not an experiment in terms of measuring ticket sales with ticket prices - it's how it works in the vast majority of cases, as I've clearly proven (not just in this thread). My assumption as to whether or not there were nearly 400 empty seats at the Philly show is incidental.

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
Businesses want to be able to say "sold-out". I am fully confident in the business world's ability to carve the facts to maximum potency. For example, maybe Disco Boy can elucidate: Is "sold-out" a defined industry term which means something other than 100% ticket sales? Perhaps it means 98%, or that all ticket blocks of more than 1 are sold, or who knows what.

That's an interesting point.

Capacities vary all the time in the same venue. In arenas, it depends on the configuration of the stage setup. Whether it's an 180 degree end stage, 270 degree end stage, 360 degree end stage, in the round, half house or theater bowl. In theaters, it depends on the percentage of seats in the orchestra pit being utilized, or a GA pit being setup, etc.

Blather.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:49 pm 
Banned

Quote:
is this thread about sold out shows or ticketbasterd screwing the fan?

Neither.

Its all about Disco Boy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:59 pm 

Attention Whores Are Us needs your application, immediately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:02 am 
Banned

Disco Boy wrote:
Attention Whores Are Us needs your application, immediately.

Now THAT's the pot calling the kettle black.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:25 am 
Banned

Disco Boy wrote:
I don't believe the Philly show figure is incorrect. For two reasons:

1. In a 3,000+ capacity theater, I do not think the naked eye can see less than 400 empty seats, unless those empty seats are bunched together. They were most likely scattered throughout the entire venue.

2. To my knowledge, FZ sold out three shows at the same venue in 1988. That's around 9,200 tickets at an average ticket price of around $16-$17. Now, since 10% of the audience, at the most, will come back to multiple shows in the same market on the same tour if there are no return engagements, that means that around 8,600 people saw FZ live at the Tower in '88. So, 8,600 tickets divided by 3.2 = basically 2,700 tickets. Or $16.50 multiplied by 3.2 = basically $53 (the basic average ticket price of the Philly show last month).

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:51 pm 

zombie1210,

What is your problem? You've been PROVEN WRONG. So shut the fuck up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:17 pm 
Banned

There is no PROOF in your gank-assed "formula".

Only YOU say it is so.

Numbers are easily manipulated to show whatever someone wants them to say.

If I bother you so much, why reply?

You can't help yourself, can you.

You have a need to be RIGHT, and you need to claim PROOF of all you say.

Its really all nothing but billshit, designed to make you sound like some sort of expert.

What is your REAL point?

That you can throw out some numbers and pretend you know what you are talking about, just to impress your gay boyfriend?

Let us all know how many empty seats you Canatards leave at the show.

NO ESTIMATES.....we need an EXACT figure. We need you to physically COUNT THEM, so we can all sleep at night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:51 pm 

zombie1210 wrote:
There is no PROOF in your gank-assed "formula".

Only YOU say it is so.

Numbers are easily manipulated to show whatever someone wants them to say.

If I bother you so much, why reply?

You can't help yourself, can you.

You have a need to be RIGHT, and you need to claim PROOF of all you say.

Its really all nothing but billshit, designed to make you sound like some sort of expert.

What is your REAL point?

That you can throw out some numbers and pretend you know what you are talking about, just to impress your gay boyfriend?

Let us all know how many empty seats you Canatards leave at the show.

NO ESTIMATES.....we need an EXACT figure. We need you to physically COUNT THEM, so we can all sleep at night.

Fuck, you're a TOTAL moron. I do know what I'm talking about. And I've CLEARLY laid out the exact figures for the Philadelphia show for this tour and compared the estimated figures for the three Philadelphia shows in 1988 (all three were sold out). And there's plenty more examples than just the Philadelphia market that add up from the last time FZ visited markets on the '88 & '84 tours compared to the same markets visited on this tour. So what the fuck more do you need?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:50 pm 

ahhh , i'd just like to thank you two chaps for the greatest running gag on zforum .. whahaha
great entertainment .. keep it up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:00 am 
Banned

Your welcome!

Disco Boy is not an expert on any subject.

He only THINKS he is.

Somehow, in his pink skied world, he believes that what happened in the 80's has SOMETHING to do with what happens now.

Personally I think he did way too many drugs, and is left with about nine valid brain cells.

The fact that he is an attention whoring glory hog with delusions of grandeur is just the icing....

p.s.....DB-Make SURE you count those seats!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:10 am 
Banned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:13 am 
Banned

Quote:
What I've seen you post here regarding the inner workings of the tour and ticketing is your own speculative musings, and most of the time you are wrong. It's just that nobody takes the time to call you on it, and I couldn't be bothered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:45 pm 

zombie1210 wrote:
Your welcome!

Disco Boy is not an expert on any subject.

He only THINKS he is.

Ignorance is bliss.

zombie1210 wrote:
Somehow, in his pink skied world, he believes that what happened in the 80's has SOMETHING to do with what happens now.

Somehow, you don't see the PROOF right in front of your own eyes. This tour is modelled after the last time FZ visited the markets played on this tour, period. Don't make me post EACH and EVERY market example on this fucking continent and more, apart from Philadelphia, just to show you for the millionth time how full of shit you really are. And don't make me drag up the Zappa Plays Zappa tour booking agent's comments regarding how correct I was, just to show you for the two millionth time how full of shit you really are...

zombie1210 wrote:
Personally I think he did way too many drugs, and is left with about nine valid brain cells.

The fact that he is an attention whoring glory hog with delusions of grandeur is just the icing...

Yes! That's right! I need the attention of this forum so I can sleep at night and make you feel better about yourself!!

zombie1210 wrote:
p.s.....DB-Make SURE you count those seats!

NOT sold out. But of course, you're not going to admit to being wrong about that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:23 pm 
Banned

Ah, YES!

That's the Disco Boy we all love!

Not answering questions.

Repeating the same shit about PROOF and always BEING RIGHT!

Once more, for the peanut gallery....

WHAT THE FUCKING HELL DOES ANY OF THESE FIGURES FROM THE 1980's have to do with the HERE AND NOW?

Has YOUR world sttod still all this time, or have you maybe noticed that times have changed just a little?

I know, I know, with your head up your ass, it all looks the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:34 pm 

Ok, enough of this childish banter from both of us. You're obviously just messing around. If you really want to me to show you explicit examples, then let me know. But something tells me if I do show them to you, you'll spin it even more than you already have...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:02 pm 
Banned

I'm not messing around.

I'm wondering what the hell your so called statistics have to do with the year 2007.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:30 am 

Another example is FZ's largest market in the world, the NYC metro area:

a) In 1988, FZ sold out three shows at the Beacon Theater (8,700), one show at Rutgers Athletic Center (4,000) in East Brunswick, New Jersey and played Nassau Coliseum (16,000) on Long Island. The ticket prices were between $18.50 and $20.00.

b) The Zappa Plays Zappa tour played two shows in the NYC metro area this year:

New York City, NY
Beacon Theater
June 12, 2006
Capacity: 2,900
Sold Out
Gross: $176,134
Average Ticket Price: $60.73

New York City, NY
Theater @ Madison Square Garden
October 31, 2006
Capacity: 5,452
Attendance: 4,803
Gross: $285,758
Average Ticket Price: $59.88

Minus the return engagement figure, which would amount to about 1/3 returning from the Beacon show for the Halloween show, that's about 6,500-7,000 fans that attended these two shows.

However, if inflation did factor in, considering about $19 in 1988, would be worth basically $30 today, then FZ would've only drawn about 14,000 on the '88 tour. But with three level B theater shows, one mid level A arena show and one level A arena show performed in this market in 1988, he clearly performed to more than 14,000 fans on the '88 tour.

This shows that FZ performed to well over 20,000 fans on the '88 tour in the NYC metro area, since the average ticket price that year was between $18.50 and $20.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:42 am 
Banned

Same formula. Same B.S.

Remember THIS?

Quote:
What I've seen you post here regarding the inner workings of the tour and ticketing is your own speculative musings, and most of the time you are wrong. It's just that nobody takes the time to call you on it, and I couldn't be bothered.

You make too many ASSUMPTIONS.

Your formulas don't hold water.

AGAIN I ask you...WHAT THE FUCK DOES ANYTHING FROM THE 80's HAVE TO DO WITH TODAY?

Unless you are still living back there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:36 pm 

I knew you would do this. You keep denying FACTS and EVIDENCE left, right and center. Big surprise. I will never again take an enormously long (or short) period of time to try and explain to you how this works because no matter what I say, you will keep denying it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:13 am 
Banned

Because you SAY something is so, it does not MAKE it so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:25 am 

zombie1210 wrote:
Because you SAY something is so, it does not MAKE it so.

No shit, sherlock. But in this case, I would think even trolls would be able to understand basic mathematics. I guess not...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next