Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1745 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 70  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Happy Birthday boyz, MTF and Pedro I & 2! Many more in great health! :wink: :lol:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:41 pm
Posts: 13804
Location: From some place in this area...
Happy birthday, friends...

_________________
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true Art and Science. - Albert Einstein

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 9226
Location: Wellington New Zealand
Happy Birthday Lads

Image
The Peppers Of Invention


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:22 am
Posts: 997
Thank You !!

:D

Had a great day with family and friends and coming home and seeing the B day wishes topped it all off !

8)

_________________
http://www.ssimfg.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Trip wrote:
Image

MentalTossFlycoon & pedro !

Bump. Lets get it all on one page!

Trip started it. He must be in the most farthest coldest, almost in Greenland, time zone in N. America, right Trip?

Glad it was a good one P2! How's yours MTF if your home yet! :D 8)

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:30 pm
Posts: 10993
Location: Windsor,Ontario Canada
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Trip started it. He must be in the most farthest coldest, almost in Greenland, time zone in N. America, right Trip?


Nope,just a stones throw away from Detroit Michigan & in a time zone that's three hours ahead of you Kirk.

_________________
I'm not Antisocial,Society is Anti me !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
Trip wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Trip started it. He must be in the most farthest coldest, almost in Greenland, time zone in N. America, right Trip?


Nope,just a stones throw away from Detroit Michigan & in a time zone that's three hours ahead of you Kirk.

Well, I do tend to exaggerate a little. For some reason I thought you were in or near New Brunswick. :wink:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4925
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
Merry Birthday and a Happy New Year, pedro and MFT.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:29 pm
Posts: 1860
Location: south midlands, UK
Johnny Shines - delta / country blues legend
TT

_________________
and I know, I think
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:30 pm
Posts: 10993
Location: Windsor,Ontario Canada
Happy B-Day Ace Frehley !

Image

_________________
I'm not Antisocial,Society is Anti me !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 9226
Location: Wellington New Zealand
I thought Ace had died due to a mascara mishap :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:51 pm
Posts: 9226
Location: Wellington New Zealand
Happy Birthday Catpuke 106

Image

I hope this is close enough?

I SAID I HOPE THIS IS CLOSE ENOUGH!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:19 am
Posts: 4925
Location: in deepest, darkest Germany
If that woman carries on smoking she might die very soon.
Happy Birthday Catpuke.

_________________
"I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 pm
Posts: 5351
Location: Orange County Ca.
Happy Birthday to Robert Johnson.
May 8th 1911 - August 16th 1938

_________________
talkin' bout them tiny cookies...that the peoples eat


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 2208
Donovan. the guy with the brocade coat who used to sing to us about Atlantis, turns 68 today. So does Dave Mason and Graham Goldman (of 10cc fame). Goldman also wrote "Heart Full of Soul" and "For Your Love" for the Yardbirds and "Bus Stop" for the Hollies. That's quite a few songs by three guys all born on the same day.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 1856
Location: In My Video
KUIII wrote:
Donovan. the guy with the brocade coat who used to sing to us about Atlantis, turns 68 today. So does Dave Mason and Graham Goldman (of 10cc fame). Goldman also wrote "Heart Full of Soul" and "For Your Love" for the Yardbirds and "Bus Stop" for the Hollies. That's quite a few songs by three guys all born on the same day.


10cc was a great band name, regardless of your opinion on the music. :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 2208
Philostopher wrote:
KUIII wrote:
Donovan. the guy with the brocade coat who used to sing to us about Atlantis, turns 68 today. So does Dave Mason and Graham Goldman (of 10cc fame). Goldman also wrote "Heart Full of Soul" and "For Your Love" for the Yardbirds and "Bus Stop" for the Hollies. That's quite a few songs by three guys all born on the same day.


10cc was a great band name, regardless of your opinion on the music. :mrgreen:

I wonder if they explained the meaning every time somebody asked what the name meant. Seems that could be quite awkward depending on who was asking. Pretty funny, though.

I like 10cc btw. A lot of good songs with a lot of wit. Very clever lads IMO.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 1856
Location: In My Video
KUIII wrote:
Philostopher wrote:
KUIII wrote:
Donovan. the guy with the brocade coat who used to sing to us about Atlantis, turns 68 today. So does Dave Mason and Graham Goldman (of 10cc fame). Goldman also wrote "Heart Full of Soul" and "For Your Love" for the Yardbirds and "Bus Stop" for the Hollies. That's quite a few songs by three guys all born on the same day.


10cc was a great band name, regardless of your opinion on the music. :mrgreen:

I wonder if they explained the meaning every time somebody asked what the name meant. Seems that could be quite awkward depending on who was asking. Pretty funny, though.

I like 10cc btw. A lot of good songs with a lot of wit. Very clever lads IMO.


That's a good observation. I would imagine explaining the meaning could have been very awkward. Especially, during that time period. Nobody would blink twice over that today.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 11:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:29 pm
Posts: 1860
Location: south midlands, UK
Philostopher wrote:
10cc was a great band name, regardless of your opinion on the music. :mrgreen:

If they had come from USA, they would have called themselves 15cc.
TT

_________________
and I know, I think
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm
Posts: 633
Location: Over there! (last)
Teddy Scholten born 11 May 1926

Image

Teddy is on the left, and Henk is on the right.

http://fromthevaults-boppinbob.blogspot.com/2014/05/teddy-scholten-born-11-may-1926.html

_________________
Image Nothing is permanent but change.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:22 pm
Posts: 1856
Location: In My Video
deuce wrote:
Philostopher wrote:
10cc was a great band name, regardless of your opinion on the music. :mrgreen:

If they had come from USA, they would have called themselves 15cc.
TT


:P Very astute. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:30 pm
Posts: 10993
Location: Windsor,Ontario Canada
Happy B-Day Buckethead !

Image

_________________
I'm not Antisocial,Society is Anti me !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:30 pm
Posts: 10993
Location: Windsor,Ontario Canada
Happy B-Day Jack Bruce !

Image

_________________
I'm not Antisocial,Society is Anti me !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
^ Saw Jack Bruce with John Mayall at The KeyStone, Bezerkeley, CA. circa da '70's a couple of times. First time was with Cream's Good-Bye Tour. '69 I think, coulda' been '70 though. And I see where he's touring again. Good on him. Good bass man. Many more B day's JB! 8)

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:30 pm
Posts: 10993
Location: Windsor,Ontario Canada
Happy B-Day Brian Eno !

Image

_________________
I'm not Antisocial,Society is Anti me !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1745 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 70  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group