Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:17 pm 

Ive just seen this post, sorry for my delayed response. I recognise his screen name and Im certain we participated in a few discussions about whatever......I feel I should say something here anyway....

Anyway, RIP S.H.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:52 am 

stride wrote:
i put together a little tribute thingy in memory of Neil ..

view it here > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ndJFiQtvew

That was nice Stride. Good work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:58 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
stride wrote:
i put together a little tribute thingy in memory of Neil ..

view it here > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ndJFiQtvew

That was nice Stride. Good work.

blues

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:48 pm 

awesome work stride...much respect bro. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:12 pm 

johnoppel wrote:
awesome work stride...much respect bro. :)

What he said...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:18 pm 

ive been away for a while and have just seen this thread,stewie was one of the first people i got chatting to in the forum before the crash,and was without doubt one of the nicest people iv'e encountered online,he was a font of musicall knowledge and was always willing to help anyone when ever possible, his knowledge of all thing zappa was endless,this has come as a great shock to me,and i will miss him dearly,he's probably up there now having a coffee with frank
my condolances go to all his friends and family
R.I.P STEWIE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:51 pm 

Can't say I knew him too well, though from what I had seen of him on this forum, he was a very intelligent guy.

R.I.P Studabaker Hop

Stream my music here.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:13 am 

I was contacted today by the police and by the funeral home. The police have given up searching for relatives and now we can proceed with the final arrangements. I am happy to say that there is a foundation that is going to pick up the cost of the cremation and he will have a spot in a mausoleum with his name on it. So my biggest worry is now taken care of. I should hear back from them next week when all the paperwork is completed and they will set up a day when I can come along with his friends to say goodbye when he is placed there. Send me a pm if you wish to hear or discuss anything further.

When a date is set I will post it here, so if you would like to spend a moment thinking about Neil or maybe lighting a candle for him you will have the opportunity to do so. Or even better listen to some Zappa or some Buddy Guy and remember him with a smile.

We are packing up his suitcase so he can take his leave, but he will be with us even so for the rest of our lives. He lived a life full of the blues and full of music. Not a rich man, not a well connected man, but a man with a lot of people who miss him now.

Sabrina

Thank you once again to all who have expressed their sorrow or shared wonderful memories of Neil with me. Means a lot to me.

Post subject: Neil was my friend
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:43 pm 

Sabby...
Although it's very sad they were unable to locate any of Neil's relatives I'm happy to hear that he will finally be put to rest.
As always if there's anything I can do just let me know and I'll be more than happy to help.
I miss Neil everyday. Every time I log into Yahoo I still expect to see his light on telling me he's online and most likely chatting with you... :)

BC 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:02 pm 

I will surely celebrate his memory here and light a candle. Just let us now... Thanks for taking care of everything, you are a kind soul Sabby!

Post subject: Re: Neil was my friend
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:43 pm 

BC wrote:
Sabby...
Although it's very sad they were unable to locate any of Neil's relatives I'm happy to hear that he will finally be put to rest.
As always if there's anything I can do just let me know and I'll be more than happy to help.
I miss Neil everyday. Every time I log into Yahoo I still expect to see his light on telling me he's online and most likely chatting with you... :)

BC 8)

Thanks BC, I know you mean that.
Yes, I know, I kept him so selfishly to myself sometimes. He he he. But, I tried to be there for him as much as I could.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:31 pm 

I'm very pleased to have known Neil in however narrow a sense that this forum/chat 'site provides. I regret having lost even this tenuous touch with him for the past couple of years. Neil was a polite force, except for his thing about murdering Michael Dell and the surviving members of Led Zeppelin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:09 am 

white person wrote:
I'm very pleased to have known Neil in however narrow a sense that this forum/chat 'site provides. I regret having lost even this tenuous touch with him for the past couple of years. Neil was a polite force, except for his thing about murdering Michael Dell and the surviving members of Led Zeppelin.

White Person??????!!!!! OMG, you are back! Yes, I was aware of Neil's vendetta against Dell Computers and Led Zeppelin. LZ would not be in his music collection. "They stole all those blues songs and didn't credit the originals". I could never admit that I liked Led Zeppelin. :oops: Anyway, glad you dropped by, the chat room seems to be starting up again, drop by some night. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:55 pm 

I did not log in since a very long time and the coming back is very sad. I remember some chatting and post exchanges with Stewie. It is said and we will miss him.
Let's hope that he is currently discussing with Frank in a different world of a parallel dimension....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:04 pm 

These are for Neil:

R Crumb's "Heroes of the Blues"
http://www.celticguitarmusic.com/crumb.htm

I like to think that he's up in blues heaven talking to all his heroes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:47 am 

Interesting S, I saw the Little Blues Book that was illustrated by Crumb in my local bookstore. Anyway, finally I have arrangements to go to Montreal and it looks like the funeral will be on Sun morning, the 17th of June. If anything changes in the meantime I will post it here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:53 am 

sabrinaIII wrote:
Interesting S, I saw the Little Blues Book that was illustrated by Crumb in my local bookstore. Anyway, finally I have arrangements to go to Montreal and it looks like the funeral will be on Sun morning, the 17th of June. If anything changes in the meantime I will post it here.

I'll be thinking of him, and wishing I could be with you, sabbs. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:47 pm 

aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
sabrinaIII wrote:

I'll be thinking of him, and wishing I could be with you, sabbs. :cry:

Thanks hon. I know you would. Yes, it will definitely be June 17th at 9:30 am eastern time. If you would like to remember Neil, light a candle, listen to a blues or Zappa album, or do what will help you remember or think of him. It's a tough journey I am going to be making, so I need your good thoughts as well. thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:04 pm 

I'm very sorry about Stu. I've seen this thread before, but I didn't know what to write, because I don't know much about him. I think he was before my time on here. I'm still sorry, though. :cry:

Post subject: A Remembrance for Stewie
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:32 am 

I am not rich and there will be many expenses in my trip to Montreal. Therefore, I am asking for donations for an obituary for Neil to be run in the Montreal Gazette (the English language newspaper). It is thirty dollars per day. Here is the text:

Ritchie, Neil Dennis - died March 30th, 2007 - Son of Betty and
Dennis Ritchie surivied by many grieving friends in Montreal and all
over the world. "Music is the Best" Funeral to be held at Ville-Marie Funeral Home 1841 Ontario St. East, Montreal.

It will run for thirty days online on remembrance.ca. and for as many days as I can afford it in the actual paper version of the Gazette. If you wish to contribute, please contact me at dkbongofury@yahoo.com. Please feel free to donate what you can, any amount will be a help. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:49 pm 

The obituary has been placed in the Montreal Gazette. It can also be viewed online at remembering.ca. Thanks to several generous contributors. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:28 am 

thanx Sabby!
what yer doing I think is amazing.
It's too bad Neil didn't get to see this outpouring of emotion here. I think it would make anybody feel grateful and loved :cry:

I particularly liked your and stride's tribute/testimonies

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:14 am 

sabrinaIII wrote:
I am not rich and there will be many expenses in my trip to Montreal. Therefore, I am asking for donations for an obituary for Neil to be run in the Montreal Gazette (the English language newspaper). It is thirty dollars per day. Here is the text:

Ritchie, Neil Dennis - died March 30th, 2007 - Son of Betty and
Dennis Ritchie surivied by many grieving friends in Montreal and all
over the world. "Music is the Best" Funeral to be held at Ville-Marie Funeral Home 1841 Ontario St. East, Montreal.

It will run for thirty days online on remembrance.ca. and for as many days as I can afford it in the actual paper version of the Gazette. If you wish to contribute, please contact me at dkbongofury@yahoo.com. Please feel free to donate what you can, any amount will be a help. Thank you.
Sabby,
You really are an amazingly sweet person to do this for Stu. As I see it, it takes somebody of rare, unique humanity who has known miserable shit first hand to extend themselves to do something like this. It's just all too rare to find that anymore.
Very Sincerely,
Batchain/George

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:36 pm 

This is what my puter screen looked like every day for about three years. Life unfortunately goes on. But i will never forget Neil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:13 am 

Haven't been here for a long while... but I already knew about the loss of a good ol' virtual friend thru an email from his family...

Lots of nights I spent in front of my monitor til early sunrise to chat with Stu and all the other nice people comin in and I often woke up my girlfriend by laughing up loud in front of my computer.

Unfortunately from a certain relaunch of zappa.com the chatroom didn't work with me anymore and I never had the chance to talk to this encylcopedia of blues again..
Lots of my now existing blues collection comes from good advice of good ol "suitcase" Neil...

I really really miss you, Neil... have a nice time up there til we will follow you!

DUCK

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next