Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:52 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI5jWut4Zh0

Damn right I got the Blues.

I have a whole huge folder on my puter marked "Blues". All individual songs (hundreds maybe?) that Neil sent me while we were chatting on IM. T-Bone Walker, Victoria Spivey (You have to hear some of her sexy blues), Blind Willie Johnson, Tampa Red, of course Buddy Guy, Delbert McClinton, Angela Strehli, Debbie Davies, etc, etc, etc. He sent them to me for many reasons: Cause he liked that song and wanted me to hear it. (and then what might follow was I would say Yes!!! and I would get the whole album) or because it was the way he was feeling or he just wanted to keep me going. :D When I went up to Montreal the first time he had waiting for me 78 burned CD's. And then we picked out some Capt Beefheart for me to take home. And he introduced me to Little Feat and Brian Eno and Talking Heads. And don't forget the Residents. I may not know much about the blues but I sure have a lot of music that I love because of Neil. :D Miss you baby.

You know what? I think I'm gonna listen to that folder tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:56 pm 

I wish the best for his family. :cry:

vcf

Revel in your otherness. MK

STILL pissed at Tipper. VCF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:54 pm 

i'am gutted he was the person i spoke to on the net the most.sabrinaIII you was his girlfriend hope you get over this ok.he liked calvins2hikers say you was his flac man :wink: and remember him saying stride was a nice guy.
he was also a goody him self sent me alot off blues tunes.damm right i got the blues was the first one.serious :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:22 pm 

Neil My Brother.
I'm just so shocked and saddened I can hardly stand it. We go back along way Buddy and I'm going to miss you so much. After sitting in Z-Chat for days with noone showing up one day someone finnaly logged-in and it was you. Remember how we sat and talked for hours and days and then one day another log-in and there was Stride. We three watched that chatroom grow and grow until we had the best bunch of people there that any chatroom would be proud of.
When I got sick you were there for me any time day or night. I felt so alone at times but you got me through the worst of times. We would sit and laugh for hours talking about those "Trailer Park Boys" and soon I would almost forget I was even sick.
I'm going to miss you Brother. I hope we will finally meet somewhere and until that time I will always remember you for the sweet and kind person you are. A loyal friend that doesn't come along very many times in ones life time...
Brian (BC) :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:50 pm 

i'm weepin'

neil you will be missed. many a late nite in the ole zchat.
some nice cd's you burned and mailed me, i shall treasure and play in rembrance.

say hi to lowell for us !!!

-- ree

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:06 pm 

And what ya gotta remember too, is he met a lot of these artists. He was responsible for putting on a big blues show in Montreal. He said Little Richard was the nicest, coolest guy and they smoked joints together. Albert Collins was a son of a bitch he said. One of the bands let him hold their money for them, since they got paid before the set and they just trusted him. He was that kind of guy. I think it was Delbert McClinton he met during one of the Jazz Fests. His set was over late at night and Neil took him around to a place where he could get something good to eat late at night. Im sure there were a lot more stories like that, that im no good at telling or we never got around to talking about. Damn, I just remembered that. If anybody else remembers some things like this, please post them! Or message me somehow, I would love to hear them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:03 am 

got the sad news yesterday, i am so shocked.

Stu was one of the first guys i got to know on zappa.com. I remember the first time i got there, It was IB who told me to go to the z chat, and i went there. It was me IB and stu there, and i remeber how easy it was to talk with stu, he was so friendly and open, i felt i got a friend right away.
At this time i went to the chat almost every day, i had just moved to the big city, and didnt know much people. But on the Z chat there was always someone to be together with and to talk with. And the one who was always there, always ready to keep company, always fun to talk with, was stuie.

Im sorry stu i havent been around the last months, I realy wish i would have had more talks with you lately.

will never forget you stuie, but i will miss you.

rest in peace stuie louie.

Bjørn.

"I refuse to become what you call normal"
Lemmy Caution

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:20 am 

sabrinaIII wrote:
I have a whole huge folder on my puter marked "Blues". All individual songs (hundreds maybe?) that Neil sent me while we were chatting on IM. T-Bone Walker, Victoria Spivey (You have to hear some of her sexy blues), Blind Willie Johnson, Tampa Red, of course Buddy Guy, Delbert McClinton, Angela Strehli, Debbie Davies, etc, etc, etc. He sent them to me for many reasons: Cause he liked that song and wanted me to hear it.

Yeah, one time he told me to get one by Buddy Guy - Dedication to late T-Bone Walker..

now i'll play it for Neil. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:33 am 

he must of meet just about every top blues player (albert king was a big head) (bo diddly top guy)hop said some thing about bo lighting a spllif up in front of him
more blues for Hop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5FMm6TtR9M
Man Of The World - The Peter Green Story (which just what hop was)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:45 pm 

NP for Stu.....................

Watermelon In Easter Hay - 02/27/1979 - Rotterdam, Holland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:16 pm 

Instead of commenting on any dialouge Stewie and I got into I choose to think back to when I was 6 years old where I'd listen to Uncle Meat over and over. While listening I beleive I would look at the LP sleve noticing the Bizzare artwork.

Stewie, this one's for you

Mr. Green Genes
Eat your greens
Don't forget your beans & celery
Don't forget to bring
Your fake I.D.
Eat a bunch of these
MAGNIFICENT
With sauerkraut
MMMMMMMMMMM
Sauerkraut
Eat a grape, a fig
A crumpet too . . .
You'll pump 'em right through
Doo-wee-ooo

Eat your shoes
Don't forget the strings
And sox
Even eat the box
Your bought 'em in
You can eat the truck
That brought 'em in
Garbage truck
MMMMMMMMMMMMouldy
Garbage truck
Eat the truck & driver
And his gloves
NUTRITIOUSNESS
DELICIOUSNESS
WORTHLESSNESS

Rest In Peace

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:56 pm 

'cause it's all about you, Trendy. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:37 pm 

heh. right, jayp. :wink: okay, having said that, for stewie, and for sabby, let's not ruin this thread, i am pleading with you. "kay? thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:43 pm 

Maybe theres a way everyone whos interested can sign a card and send it to his family to show how much people here appreciated and cared for a fellow Zappa fan and forum member.

Would anybody be interested in participating?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:56 pm 

really sad news, stuie was a great guy and one of my favourite forumers of all time :cry:

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:41 am 

SPACEBROTHER wrote:
Maybe theres a way everyone whos interested can sign a card and send it to his family to show how much people here appreciated and cared for a fellow Zappa fan and forum member.

Would anybody be interested in participating?

Right now things are up in the air. I am in contact with the authorities. He had very few family. Only one cousin in Montreal and a couple cousins in other parts of Canada. We are looking for the Montreal cousin now. His real family and friends were the other Zappa fans that knew him and loved him. We were the people who were the closest to him. If I can go up there to be at the funeral I will certainly tell his cousin the many friends online that grieve for his passing and how sorry we are for her loss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:41 am 

dove_grey wrote:
heh. right, jayp. :wink: okay, having said that, for stewie, and for sabby, let's not ruin this thread, i am pleading with you. "kay? thanks.

i would never do that. believe me, i had a rant all typed up and ready to go but edited it.

Post subject: RIP Stewie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:35 am 

Very sad news indeed.
I remember being greeted by him when I first arrived here too. He was a very nice fellow.
You know he's up there hangin' with all his heroes now.
:cry:
Daisy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:47 am 

i say we have a forum get-together when ZPZ or P/O comes around to a "central" location for all of us. get a chance to meet everyone, and have a mini life celebration in honor of stu. would anyone be up for that? i know a bunch of us are on the east coast....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:43 am 

NP: Jeff Simmons - Lucille Has Messed My Mind Up (1970)

It was thanks to Stuie who was very kind and willing to share it via Soulseek to those who were interested, that I got to hear this under-rated gem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:02 am 

Aybe Sea wrote:
NP: Jeff Simmons - Lucille Has Messed My Mind Up (1970)

It was thanks to Stuie who was very kind and willing to share it via Soulseek to those who were interested, that I got to hear this under-rated gem.

Yup I remember that. I was very greatfull for him allowing me/us to download it. I was the one whom originaly asked him for it. He was so nice to walk me through that soulseek mombo jumbo. He was very patient w/ me, had to que me a few times cause I couldnt figure that shit out. I still have the last PM I got from him letting me know he was online.
8)\m/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:47 pm 

johnoppel wrote:
i say we have a forum get-together when ZPZ or P/O comes around to a "central" location for all of us. get a chance to meet everyone, and have a mini life celebration in honor of stu. would anyone be up for that? i know a bunch of us are on the east coast....

That sounds like a good idea. But as for me, I think what I am going to do once everything is all settled down is make a trip downtown to Buddy Guy's Legends, hopefully when the man is there. Neil would have just loved to have been able to get to Chicago to go to the blues clubs there and the music festivals. 8) He said once that he would spend every night at Legends if he came to Chicago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:16 pm 

sabrinaIII wrote:
johnoppel wrote:

That sounds like a good idea. But as for me, I think what I am going to do once everything is all settled down is make a trip downtown to Buddy Guy's Legends, hopefully when the man is there. Neil would have just loved to have been able to get to Chicago to go to the blues clubs there and the music festivals. 8) He said once that he would spend every night at Legends if he came to Chicago.

I live close to Chicago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:16 pm 

sabrinaIII wrote:
johnoppel wrote:

That sounds great sabbs, I sure wish I could join you. If I have a job sorted by then, I may just do so provided you were agreeable, of course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:20 pm 

aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
sabrinaIII wrote:
johnoppel wrote:

That sounds great sabbs, I sure wish I could join you. If I have a job sorted by then, I may just do so provided you were agreeable, of course.

Of course aspy! You can stay with me and we can go together. It would be so cool!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next