Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:27 am 

Petit Wazette wrote:
dove_grey wrote:
hey--sorry, did'nt know you were a fellow chickie :wink: --some older people get upset when a young girl dresses differently, and i'm not talking provocatively. too bad you live in such a sealed tuna sandwich, i did too when i was a young female zappa fan.i tip my hat to younger zappa fans even more than young men, really makes you an outcast. someone asked me in jr. high who i liked, and i answered frank zappa, they said, "oh--does he live here?" they thought he was some guy in town. hahahaha.

I know exactly what you mean, Dove_Grey. I've actually met quite a few Zappa fans here, and none of them were female. It's not much of a problem, because for some reason I get along with guys better than I do with some girls. Almost all the girls my age are into makeup, clothes, looking cool even to go to the grocery store, and wondering if their boyfriends really love them as much as they say they do. I like clothes and makeup a little bit, but I don't feel that I should dress up every single day like the other girls do. The biggest thing I do is polish my nails. I'm more into music, writing, drawing, and people-watching.

Im a girlie!
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:24 pm 

I know you're a girl. I was talking about where I live at. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:31 pm 

Petit Wazette wrote:
I know you're a girl. I was talking about where I live at. :lol:

Hahahaha sorry! See, I told you guys I was losing my mind. Im slowly going senile, i'm convinced of it. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:36 pm 

dove_grey wrote:
someone asked me in jr. high who i liked, and i answered frank zappa, they said, "oh--does he live here?" they thought he was some guy in town. hahahaha.

Hehehe. In high school a girl told me she idolized Stevie Nicks and I told her I idolized FZ and her face froze. I couldn't decide if she thought I was a lez, she thought she misheard me,
I should have picked a more PC answer, I told her for the shock value of it because I got tired of not telling people,
I told her so her answer sounded really stupid, or that she was an asshole for idolizing a drug fiend with commercial potential.

That's too funny, Dove.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:40 pm 

nothing's stranger than the troof, cat. why would this girl think you were a lesbian if you idolized a MAN--and a manly man like frank. would'nt she be more of one with stevie and her "sisters of the moon" crap. :roll:---of course, i do have a couple of her cassettes. yay! ruin your voice with drugs and alcohol. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:37 am 

Aspy, you're female? That surprised me, oh well. Anyway greetings from me Wazette, it's nice to meet other Zappa fans, especially girls. Sorry if that sounded weird but what I mean is in my area I know of two other FZ fans and neither of them are girls, so... ah, you get my point I'm sure.

Stream my music here.

Post subject: have you been mistreated
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:29 am 

Crud you talkin about the drag bar you hang out in, lots of girls listen to FZ, and MUSIC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:35 am 

I knew it, I was going to be labeled as sexist for making that comment. Well I'm not a sexist, I was brought up mainly by my mother who is a feminist, however at the time of the post it was impossible to say 'it's great to see girls listening to Zappa' without coming off as sexist, but still fuck you. I'm just saying on a whole most FZ fans in my experience are male, that's all, so again fuck you.

Stream my music here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:21 am 

As a fellow Zappa girl, I can't say I get mistreated for the music I listen to specifically, but more the fact that I'm just this weirdo. I don't act like other girls do at all. So, you know, guys don't want to date me, other girls don't want to be my friend, stuff like that. My school had a Halloween dance, and I went as Shiek Yerbouti (complete with mustache! I'll see if I can dig up the picture), and every single girl there besides me was dressed as a whore version of something (you know, vampire, devil, waitress, nurse, etc.). So what I did was borrow my friend's go-go boots, and take off my costume (I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt underneath, I kept those on), and leave the 'stache, thusly becoming Zappawhore (of which there are no pictures, pervs :P ). My friends loved it, but nobody actually got who I was supposed to be.
I loved it though, next year I'm thinking I'll go as Camarillo Brillo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:24 am 

Crudblud wrote:
I knew it, I was going to be labeled as sexist for making that comment. Well I'm not a sexist, I was brought up mainly by my mother who is a feminist, however at the time of the post it was impossible to say 'it's great to see girls listening to Zappa' without coming off as sexist, but still fuck you. I'm just saying on a whole most FZ fans in my experience are male, that's all, so again fuck you.
Save that fuck you.
I don't even know MALE FZ fans let alone female. Until this forum. And still, there are only about 10 or 15 out of the 8000+ members.
We're a hearty breed. Clean and industrious.
I agree with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:02 am 

Ok well that's good, well anyway, male, female, or both, it's good to meet all of you from around the world.

Stream my music here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:16 am 

My cat Ruth is a Zappa fan, and she's female.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:37 pm 

feetlightup wrote:
My cat Ruth is a Zappa fan, and she's female.
:D :D :D

Actually, my one cat (who tips the scales at 22.5 lbs), will always come around when I play FZ and she's female. The other one (the lightweight at a mere 16 lbs), is into "world music". She's listening to it even now.

Nice to meet you too, Cruds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:08 pm 

Well, you can just call me Dan if you prefer, that goes for everyone.

Stream my music here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:55 pm 

mistreated

my baby just mistreats me night and day
ah, she mistreats the poor boy just to pass the time away

my baby just mistreats me night and day
ah, she mistreats the poor boy just to pass the time away

baby, what have I done that's wrong
ah, you mistreat me baby, drive me from your home

ah, you mistreat me baby, drive me from your home

now please don't mistreat me, 'cos you know I'm young and wild,
and please don't mistreat me, 'cos you know I'm young and wild,
ah, you must always remember, one time you was a child

ah, you mistreat a poor boy, drive him from your home

ah, you mistreat a poor boy, drive him from your home

I do all I can just to make you satisfied,
if you don't appreciate me, you can go 'cos you ain't tied,
but I know, if you leave me, I'll miss you most at night

oh, you mistreat me baby and drive me from your home

ah, you mistreat a poor boy and drive me from your home

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:00 pm 

catpuke wrote:
Crudblud wrote:
Save that fuck you.
I don't even know MALE FZ fans let alone female. Until this forum. And still, there are only about 10 or 15 out of the 8000+ members.
I agree with you.

Well, industrious, anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:56 am 

Crudblud wrote:

I don't think "it's great to see girls listening to Zappa" sounds sexist at all. Most of the other fans I've talked to are male, and quite a few of the women who asked me who my favorite musician was didn't listen to Zappa at all. And, of course, there are no girls my age who listen to Zappa around here. You ask them what kind of music they like, and they say, "My Chemical Romance", or "Fallout Boy" or some stupid teenage skater-punk band. In a way I feel alone, because it seems like so many of the girls my age simply don't care about really excellent music. Example: back in February, there was a Battle of the Bands here at a local theater downtown. All six of the bands were from local high schools, and the majority of them were awful. The very best one came on last. These are 16 and 17 year-old boys, and already they sounded like early Mahavishnu Orchestra (which I loved). The kids all shut up, quit throwing things, and listened. In the end, the band lost. The band that won was the worst out of the whole bunch. They were way too loud, you couldn't understand what they were singing (excuse me...rapping) about, and you couldn't even dance to them if you wanted. The kids all liked it because it was loud and they could bang their heads to it. Plus, the band had the biggest following there and the most money behind them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:03 am 

Ah yes welcome to the real world of music, the guy with the fattest wallet is usually the one that wins. So what? They haven't won per se, but look at it more as for every piece of shit rap group (there's some good rap out there too if you can find it) and 'skater-punk' band there's at least 10 interesting bands/artists, that's how see it anyway.

Stream my music here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:39 am 

Psh, I don't meet any guys my age who like Zappa. They all listen to shitty emo bands too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:45 am 

sabrinaIII wrote:
catpuke wrote:
Crudblud wrote:
Save that fuck you.
I agree with you.

Well then pick me. I'm clean.
(ya had to see that coming)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:52 am 

catpuke wrote:
sabrinaIII wrote:
catpuke wrote:
Crudblud wrote:
Save that fuck you.
I agree with you.

Nice band-aid!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:30 pm 

Crudblud wrote:
Aspy, you're female? That surprised me, oh well. Anyway greetings from me Wazette, it's nice to meet other Zappa fans, especially girls. Sorry if that sounded weird but what I mean is in my area I know of two other FZ fans and neither of them are girls, so... ah, you get my point I'm sure.

Sho am cruddy m'dear!
Nah it doesnt sound weird to say that at all, I know what you mean, totally. Most of the Zappa fans I know (or knew, in the case of my ex) are male, I know of no other female who loves FZ round here, other than my Daughter, who is only 10. We have a merry ole time together, frugging to "Baby Snakes" which is her favourite. 8)
Thankfully, I found this haven a few years ago, and met all these lovely Zappa sistas!! Haha! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:52 pm 

ImTheFloor wrote:
Psh, I don't meet any guys my age who like Zappa. They all listen to shitty emo bands too.

They suck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:25 pm 

catpuke wrote:
sabrinaIII wrote:
catpuke wrote:
Crudblud wrote:
Save that fuck you.
I agree with you.

picking!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:27 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
ImTheFloor wrote:

They suck!

Well duuuuh.

I do have (male) friends though who I've been trying to get into Zappa who are all "OMG THAT'S THE GUY WHO DID THE YELLOW SNOW SONG HE IS CAAARRRAAAAAZZZZZYYYYY!!!!!"

So I helped them a little bit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next