Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:06 pm 

I thought I was the only one in the world that had that album,,,,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:21 pm 

edyrukidng wrote:

I thought I was the only one in the world that had that album,,,,

I bought the LP way back when... early 70's, I guess.

Have it on CD now, along with a couple of their other albums. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:26 am 

Crudblud wrote:
Aspy, you're female? That surprised me, oh well. Anyway greetings from me Wazette, it's nice to meet other Zappa fans, especially girls. Sorry if that sounded weird but what I mean is in my area I know of two other FZ fans and neither of them are girls, so... ah, you get my point I'm sure.

I live near your area and I don't know any girls into zappa. But then, I hardly know anyone, haha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:44 pm 

I don't get hostile remarks or treatment for being a Zappa fan though I do get a lot of "OOOOOO he's a pervert" or "Yeah well I like real music :roll: "
I rode a motorcycle back in the early seventies in a small midwestern town with long hair and a beard,Ive seen a lot of groups that would shave longhairs back then,Now there was hostile treatment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:57 pm 

Not mistreated exactly, but she did throw my clothes out on the lawn, right on top of some dog wastes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:04 pm 

pigs03 wrote:
Crudblud wrote:
Aspy, you're female? That surprised me, oh well. Anyway greetings from me Wazette, it's nice to meet other Zappa fans, especially girls. Sorry if that sounded weird but what I mean is in my area I know of two other FZ fans and neither of them are girls, so... ah, you get my point I'm sure.

I live near your area and I don't know any girls into zappa. But then, I hardly know anyone, haha.

Another Zappa head? In Sheff? Christ, where about are you?

Stream my music here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:21 pm 

kawy wrote:
I don't get hostile remarks or treatment for being a Zappa fan though I do get a lot of "OOOOOO he's a pervert" or "Yeah well I like real music :roll: "
I rode a motorcycle back in the early seventies in a small midwestern town with long hair and a beard,Ive seen a lot of groups that would shave longhairs back then,Now there was hostile treatment.
I currently have long hair and, consequently, I'm too often asked by total strangers, "What you got for the head?" "Nothing", isn't enough for the unusually persistent ones to shut them the fuck up and they become a real ass pain when they want a reference for somebody I must know who does and they're just so sure I do until my jovial, non-judgmental nature turns 180° around.

But why is it always "cleancut", spanking-fresh "yuppie-preppy" types who are the ones wanting the trendy chemical amusement aid and "that longhair" who can't supply it? Must be expert profiling going on there! :roll:

--Bat :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:25 pm 

Crudblud wrote:
pigs03 wrote:
Crudblud wrote:

Once again, it sounds like the Brits have it over the Yanks for Zappa Awareness!

--Bat :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:24 am 

Batchain1001 wrote:
Crudblud wrote:
pigs03 wrote:
Crudblud wrote:

Once again, it sounds like the Brits have it over the Yanks for Zappa Awareness!

Yeah, well they already call cigarettes "fags", so they've got a natural head start on us when it comes to accepting bad words and controversial topics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:41 am 

feetlightup wrote:
Batchain1001 wrote:
Crudblud wrote:
pigs03 wrote:
Crudblud wrote:

Yeah, well they already call cigarettes "fags", so they've got a natural head start on us when it comes to accepting bad words and controversial topics.

Apparently were the most foul mouthed nation in the world.....cool!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:02 am 

Well that's alright, haha, mind you the government is doing all 'political correctness' bullshit. But the thing I don't get is they're not asking Muslims whether they are offended by certain things, I say certain things; in this particular case we're talking Nursery Rhymes. Anyway, the head of this school stopped a performance of Three Little Pigs at some variety show by some of the kids and told them to change it because it would offend Muslims, despite having no actual Muslim backing or any real reason to say anything about it. They were even laughed at by the Muslim community, a Muslim official of some sort in the area said that they were more offended by someone who is not Muslim telling other people what offends Muslims. THIS COUNTRY SUCKS BIG HAIRY BALLS AND YOU KNOW IT!

Stream my music here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:21 am 

I have been mistreated once by a pissdrunk Dream Theater fan who broke my nose.
because I said that john petrucci was a fucking wankoff and that Dream Theater are heavely influenced by FZ. He couldnt have been a DT fan when he did not know that! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:21 pm 

Crudblud wrote:
Well that's alright, haha, mind you the government is doing all 'political correctness' bullshit. But the thing I don't get is they're not asking Muslims whether they are offended by certain things, I say certain things; in this particular case we're talking Nursery Rhymes. Anyway, the head of this school stopped a performance of Three Little Pigs at some variety show by some of the kids and told them to change it because it would offend Muslims, despite having no actual Muslim backing or any real reason to say anything about it. They were even laughed at by the Muslim community, a Muslim official of some sort in the area said that they were more offended by someone who is not Muslim telling other people what offends Muslims. THIS COUNTRY SUCKS BIG HAIRY BALLS AND YOU KNOW IT!

Intriguing... I'm still trying to figure out what The Three Little Pigs has to do with Muslims. Was the Headmaster actually suggesting that Muslims are pigs, and therefore they might be offended by a humorous representation of pigs in a school performance?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:38 pm 

Crudblud wrote:

Pigs....pork, don't Muslims avoid all things Pork because of their religion....
I hate this country too, I find the female Muslim outfit (I think it's called a Hijab) of choice offensive, but nothing is done about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:31 pm 

Pigs....pork, don't Muslims avoid all things Pork because of their religion....
I hate this country too, I find the female Muslim outfit (I think it's called a Hijab) of choice offensive, but nothing is done about that.[/quote]

I agree with you on that. This isn't really the same thing, but you know how in India the women all have to walk behind the men? In America, I see a lot of Indian couples who still follow that tradition. I have no idea why they do this in India, or if it's part of their religion. My mother says it's all about male attitude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:55 am 

Petit Wazette wrote:

I agree with you on that. This isn't really the same thing, but you know how in India the women all have to walk behind the men? In America, I see a lot of Indian couples who still follow that tradition. I have no idea why they do this in India, or if it's part of their religion. My mother says it's all about male attitude.

Yeah I know what you mean. I think, (and Im going on what I personally have read on the subject, and experienced first hand) in the main, Indian men do tend to view women as second class citizens, almost like they're less important than the men.
I just think if an Indian, Muslim, whoever, come to live in England, they should adhere to the culture they are living in, or dont bloody live there. The very last thing they should be doing is complaining if they're asked not to wear the hijab. I read recently about a teacher who wanted to teach her pupils wearing a full hijab, covering her face and all. I am not racist by any means but I wouldn't want my daughter taught by a teacher with their face covered. Apparently it went to a tribual, but I cant remember what the result of it was. Thing is though, you automatically get accused of being a racist bastard, and Im really not. I just think fair is fair, in India, I'd be frowned upon if I lived there as I do here. If I wore a revealing top, or so much as shook a mans hand, I'd be treated differently. I wouldn't disrespect their culture, in their country.
Sorry for the rant, but this is one subject that really pisses me off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:53 am 

aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
Thing is though, you automatically get accused of being a racist bastard, and Im really not. I just think fair is fair, in India, I'd be frowned upon if I lived there as I do here. If I wore a revealing top, or so much as shook a mans hand, I'd be treated differently. I wouldn't disrespect their culture, in their country.

hiya Aspy,

Yeah i know what you mean. In Canada a few years back it was the knife wielding siks who were a problem in public schools, still is i think. Here in France they made a law! "There shall be no extreniously religious garments(including head scarfs) and or objects (including crosses) allowed in public schools" (end of discussion). If you want to practice your religion in public, send your kids to a private school delivering that sort of entertainement which is in tune with your beliefs. That's why Al Queda has a problem with France even though they did not join the coalition on Iraq.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:35 am 

massagio wrote:
I have been mistreated once by a pissdrunk Dream Theater fan who broke my nose.
because I said that john petrucci was a fucking wankoff and that Dream Theater are heavely influenced by FZ. He couldnt have been a DT fan when he did not know that! :roll:

VERY true Massagio, DT's Awake album is dedicated to Frank.

Stream my music here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:44 am 

aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
Petit Wazette wrote:

Yeah I know what you mean. I think, (and Im going on what I personally have read on the subject, and experienced first hand) in the main, Indian men do tend to view women as second class citizens, almost like they're less important than the men.
I just think if an Indian, Muslim, whoever, come to live in England, they should adhere to the culture they are living in, or dont bloody live there. The very last thing they should be doing is complaining if they're asked not to wear the hijab. I read recently about a teacher who wanted to teach her pupils wearing a full hijab, covering her face and all. I am not racist by any means but I wouldn't want my daughter taught by a teacher with their face covered. Apparently it went to a tribual, but I cant remember what the result of it was. Thing is though, you automatically get accused of being a racist bastard, and Im really not. I just think fair is fair, in India, I'd be frowned upon if I lived there as I do here. If I wore a revealing top, or so much as shook a mans hand, I'd be treated differently. I wouldn't disrespect their culture, in their country.

This world needs more equality, religion has pervaded the government in a lot of countries, and look at the result. The simple answer? Abolish religion, it may seem harsh but to me the situation has become so ridiculous that this is the only way to fix it.

Stream my music here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:50 am 

Crudblud wrote:

This world needs more equality, religion has pervaded the government in a lot of countries, and look at the result. The simple answer? Abolish religion, it may seem harsh but to me the situation has become so ridiculous that this is the only way to fix it.

Agreed, I'd vote for that. Causes too much damn trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:56 am 

The_Acadian_2 wrote:
hiya Aspy,

Yeah i know what you mean. In Canada a few years back it was the knife wielding siks who were a problem in public schools, still is i think. Here in France they made a law! "There shall be no extreniously religious garments(including head scarfs) and or objects (including crosses) allowed in public schools" (end of discussion). If you want to practice your religion in public, send your kids to a private school delivering that sort of entertainement which is in tune with your beliefs. That's why Al Queda has a problem with France even though they did not join the coalition on Iraq.

Alright Mucker, how are you?

I think France have it spot on there, we should be taking a leaf out of their book. I went to a Catholic school, not because my parents were particularly religious, but because it was closer for me to get to. It was just religion pushed down my throat by idiotic bigots who believed the only way to live was by their God. It's total arse. I think if the headmaster could have gotten away with it, any kids who had misbehaved would have been flogged in the playground. Thankfully, I had the good sense not to follow any religion, but decided for myself what constitues good and bad, and how to treat people. I don't think anyone needs a damn religion to tell them how to live, least of all impressionable kids who are soaking up information like sponges. My daughter was not christened, nor will be confirmed, and she goes to a school of no denomination. I'm a pretty lenient parent, and there's not many things I impose on my kid, but that's something I insisted upon. She can make her own mind up if she wants to follow a religion when she's old enough to make an informed and unbiased opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:04 am 

Crudblud wrote:
aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
Petit Wazette wrote:

Abolish religion....wow.... by which you mean "organized" religion, I assume? Otherwise, religion is hard to get a grip on. That would be like abolishing jealousy.

...ever consider running for office in the USA?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:04 pm 

feetlightup wrote:
Crudblud wrote:
aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
Petit Wazette wrote:

Abolish religion....wow.... by which you mean "organized" religion, I assume? Otherwise, religion is hard to get a grip on. That would be like abolishing jealousy.

...ever consider running for office in the USA?

Yes; organised religion should be abolished, obviously you can't stop people from having their own beliefs though, which was not my intention. As a supporter of free speech I encourage people to think what they want, however, making an organised following (cult) out of it is where the violence starts. In my opinion you don't need some twat in a hat or wearing some special garment or whatever to read you Holy scriptures for enlightenment, read the Qu'ran or the Bible or whatever by yourself, it's still the fucking same.

Then, Churches and other places of worship must be made into accomodation for the poor/homeless, there would be significant decrease in poverty in most nations. Remove special status for religious figure-heads, also force them to live in regular housing as opposed to places like Vatican City, which will have all their valuable/historical items given to museums for preservation. Turn places like VC in to more poor/homeless accomodation, further decreasing the poverty levels.

A little out of order, make a law stating that no one may create an organised religion of any kind.

All of the above combined equals less poverty, less violence, removes the possibility of cults and other extreme religious organisations and there will probably be a decrease in 'hate crimes'.

I'm not planning to become Prime Minister or President of any country so all in all who's gonna take notice of what I say?

Stream my music here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:37 pm 

aspy_2nd_bunch wrote:
Petit Wazette wrote:

why exactly dont you want your daughter to be taught by a teacher wearing a hijab? what difference would it make? what if the teacher wore a scarf or a hat? what if the teacher wore a cross around her neck? what if she was a rastafarian and had dread locks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:58 pm 

[I just think if an Indian, Muslim, whoever, come to live in England, they should adhere to the culture they are living in, or dont bloody live there.

Again,They hate us and want to cut our heads off,Thats why they don't conform to your culture :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next