Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:31 am 

The Forum Killed Arkay wrote:
sleeping in a jar wrote:
uptight, short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocritics

neurotic, psychotic, pig-headed politicians

tight-lipped, condescending, mamas little chauvinists

schizophrenic, ego-centric, paranoiac, prima-donnas

Just a few things I just now randomly thought of on the spur of the moment...

Yeah, I have too many moments entirely without spurs. And spurs that never coordinate with appropriate moments. And moments spurred that I wish to have gone away. For the most part I can deal with em, but then someone doesn't hear ya when you ask for no mayo and it all goes to shit, or rather, doesn't.

HEY! I just went to reply to you and comment on your blatantly spurious post and my anti-virus thingy popped up and said "Network Intrusion" blah blah blah...

(yeah, it actually said "blah blah blah"...i have a really cheap anti-virus program)

anyway...

What the hell are you doing Arkie?? STOP MONITORING MY KEYSTROKES!! :x

>You don't.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:36 am 

That horrible pain in my hip joints. Not just because of the pain, but also because my father's making terrible jokes about it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:50 am 

sleeping in a jar wrote:
sleeping in a jar wrote:
uptight, short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocritics

neurotic, psychotic, pig-headed politicians

tight-lipped, condescending, mamas little chauvinists

schizophrenic, ego-centric, paranoiac, prima-donnas

Just a few things I just now randomly thought of on the spur of the moment...

Yeah, I have too many moments entirely without spurs. And spurs that never coordinate with appropriate moments. And moments spurred that I wish to have gone away. For the most part I can deal with em, but then someone doesn't hear ya when you ask for no mayo and it all goes to shit, or rather, doesn't.

HEY! I just went to reply to you and comment on your blatantly spurious post and my anti-virus thingy popped up and said "Network Intrusion" blah blah blah...

(yeah, it actually said "blah blah blah"...i have a really cheap anti-virus program)

anyway...

What the hell are you doing Arkie?? STOP MONITORING MY KEYSTROKES!! :x

Whoa, down boy, down! Yer gonna ask me what I'm doing AND tell me what I'm doing!? Of all the neurotic, schizophrenic, condescending, ego-centric blah blah blah...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:00 pm 

nice seeing you 'round these parts, arkay.
bbp, you're too young to have hip joint pains, poor thing! your dad should have a little more compassion. or does he think his jokes are his way of "feeling your pain"? hope you feel better soon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:05 am 

There's a Dutch saying that, when you're very moody, you "have it on your hips". But thank you for your concern! I have rheumatism in the family and am worried that I'm next on the chop.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:32 pm 

Same here. Everytime there's a significant change in barometric pressure, my body lets me know. It sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:01 am 

Whoa, down boy, down! Yer gonna ask me what I'm doing AND tell me what I'm doing!? Of all the neurotic, schizophrenic, condescending, ego-centric blah blah blah...

Twas a petulant frenzy, I'd say... :|

>You don't.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:10 pm 

So-called celebrities and the hours spent on them on TV and all media showing how fucked up they are and their rehabilitation so we can go another several rounds with them watching how fucked up they are again and see their rehabilitation again in a repeating cycle until nobody cares about them anymore and a new batch are found to do all the same shit in the same cycle.

Look, none of them could do much of anything to begin with except become celebrities who get very fucked up and undergo the same rehabilitation cycle.

They all look the same, fit the same Madison Ave. generated paradigm and never can do very much of anything. But they sell so they get mass consumed by idiots who delight in watching and, if they can, reading about them.

Now, are you at risk for or have been diagnosed with asthma, diabetes, bipolar depression, cardio-vascular disease, erectile dysfunction and susceptible to a myriad of cancer-causing, dementia-inducing viruses? Well, the things for you are a mere two TV commercials away as you watch that rotten HDTV box or two pages away as you turn the pages of that thing you're reading which, in either case, is full of more shit about fucked up celebrities and their upcoming rehabilitation.

It would almost be worth the nuclear radiation dammage to blow that shit to hell! Won't it just make a go-away???

--Bat :evil: :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:00 am 

On a related note: The whole Caylee/Caycee schtick on CNN Nancy Grace. How long can you rag on that horrible, horrible mother who must have killed her daughter? How long can you go over the details of finding her pitiful little body buried in a field right near her house? Do people actually sit down and watch this every night, every time feeling outrage and disgust? They must, because they picked up a new lost child story and are running with it. This one isn't as interesting, though, because the mom seems to be genuinely distressed that her little girl is missing, so no tearing apart a bad mom. But, wait! They'll find something! And go over it again and again and again every night. Way to interfere with the legal system and insure that someone will never get a fair trial.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:34 am 

Is that it? Uh huh. I used to switch on CNN every time the world was on fire, and every time they were talking about that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:45 am 

sabrinaIII wrote:
On a related note: The whole Caylee/Caycee schtick on CNN Nancy Grace. How long can you rag on that horrible, horrible mother who must have killed her daughter? How long can you go over the details of finding her pitiful little body buried in a field right near her house? Do people actually sit down and watch this every night, every time feeling outrage and disgust? They must, because they picked up a new lost child story and are running with it. This one isn't as interesting, though, because the mom seems to be genuinely distressed that her little girl is missing, so no tearing apart a bad mom. But, wait! They'll find something! And go over it again and again and again every night. Way to interfere with the legal system and insure that someone will never get a fair trial.

Couldn't agree with you more Sabs...
It seems that "cable" news isn't as experienced or dare I say, as smart as Network
News Channels.
CNN hires people for very little money and like the old story goes...you get what you pay for.
When MSNBC sent Geraldo "Mr Talkshow" Rivera over to Iraq, he was broadcasting
troop movements over the air!!!
CNN's Cristian Amanpoor (an informant for al-jazeera no less) went on stating how we should feel for all those innocent people in Iraq (reporters are there for one thing...to report, not to tell us how we should feel)
The top brass for CNN told their reporters they would fired if they left Baghdad when
Desert Storm's first bombs started dropping. Remember they were in a hotel room
a few blocks where bombing was occuring.
Then of course there was the Chandra Levy murder...CNN dragged that out for weeks 24/7 until the first plane hit the Trade Center on 9/11. After that Chandra's name wasn't mentioned til 3 months later.
Plus all Cable channels repeat, repeat, repeat the same stories for days.
We have a sign that hangs in our studios that says: "History Repeats Itself. News Happens Once".
So.. maybe I sound a bit biased on my opinions towards Cable News.. but I think I have some valid points wouldn't you agree?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:26 am 

YES!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:20 am 

sabrinaIII wrote:

And she reacts like Bill O'reilly or Glen Beck when she meets opposition... she gets very hostile, and practically yells at anyone in her path. God, I hate cable news.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:49 am 

CNNTMZFOXWTF

Yeah, I said it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:50 am 

DWI Laws

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:15 pm 

I love that I killed my TV and don't have to worry about all the crap on there anymore!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:56 pm 

Huck_Phlem wrote:
I love that I killed my TV and don't have to worry about all the crap on there anymore!
And if you hadn't what good would it do you to keep on worrying about all that crap?

--Bat :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:52 am 

Tha scar on my right arm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:19 am 

wANKERS :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:15 pm 

Galoot Co-Log-Nuh wrote:
Tha scar on my right arm

scars are cool, i heard ladies like em

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:37 am 

Depends. I don't like burning injuries. Or scarring.

Is that scar a burn that's particularly iron-shaped Galoot?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:17 am 

I got a new food proccesor yesterday and managed to slice my middle finger pretty good and my thumb a little bit right on the joint, even though I do know that those grinding blades are very, very sharp. The proccessor is now annointed with my blood. I hope the kitchen gods are happy with my blood sacrifice. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:43 am 

In my experience, injuries incurred are usually a sign of massive competence. Two of my best friends are a good example. The one, an expert woodsman, is constantly maiming himself with axes, scythes and chainsaws and the other, a fishmonger, who cooks beautifully, is always turning up with bandaged digits. Then there's me; Mr Incompetence as regards manual tasks, unless I do things very, very slowly - I never have a scratch.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:15 am 

Thanks for that vote of confidence, Caputh. :) It was in trying to unpack the thing that the injury happened. The one blade was stuck firmly in the styrofoam packing. In trying to wiggle it out, i felt my finger slide down the blade and jerking my hand away I sent it across the floor, nearly decapitataing Doug's toe. Wisely, he jumped aside. Food proccessing be bop tango, right here in the kitchen. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:25 am 

sabrinaIII wrote:
... i felt my finger slide down the blade and jerking my hand away I sent it across the floor, nearly decapitataing Doug's toe. :mrgreen:

You've been hanging around BBP too much, Sabbs. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next