Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:21 am
Posts: 5202
Location: Rhineland
Today I went on a short tour with my bike, which is handmade in the USA. Since it's a very nice bike I wondered, which other products from the USA beside Frank Zappa, Tabasco, and Western movies are highly recommendable.

Any suggestions ?

Image

_________________
What's the ugliest part of your body ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:29 pm
Posts: 7008
Location: exile
Image

_________________
"bit of nostalgia for the old folks."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:28 pm
Posts: 2541
Location: in the tiny dirt somewhere
The 2009 Harleys are quite nice...

Image

Although some people prefer the more classic look:

Image

_________________
_________________Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:29 pm
Posts: 9582
mendocino primo

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:21 am
Posts: 5202
Location: Rhineland
Since it doesn't look like tulips from Amsterdam I suppose it's drugs from California. :shock:

In any case I forgot this one:

Image

_________________
What's the ugliest part of your body ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:05 pm
Posts: 570
Location: Chicago,Il.
I agree with MTF I been thinking of buying the new 09 Crossbone Image

_________________
What would Zappa say?....... http://www.dweezilzappaworld.com/thepoodlebites


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:17 pm
Posts: 2362
Location: Kapuskasing, Ontario
I spent a Christmass trying to buy only Canadian made products, and the most depressing thing was, all you can do is wipe your ass with Canadian toilet paper.

_________________
For my clinically insane music
http://routenote.com/album/FOWL
http://www.myspace.com/fowlmusic
http://www.last.fm/music/fowl
http://www.deezer.com/en/#music/fowl
Your mental health requires buying my cd


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:58 pm
Posts: 411
Location: along the border line
Image

Image

Image

and Ween, but you already knew that.

_________________
Image

"Ya like horses?"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 5335
Location: Birthplace of Grand Funk Railroad & Mr Don Preston
Image
My old leather Schott jacket :cry:

Image
Airstream trailers. I still want one.

Image
The Slinky.
What walks down stairs, alone or in pairs...everyone knows its Slinky.
Amazingly this one hasn't been outsourced to China (yet).

There you go, clothing, shelter, and a toy to get tangled up in the- now antique- telephone cord.

_________________
*********************************************************************

You just don't understand, You're from Kalamazoo.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:40 pm
Posts: 6922
Location: South wales
I thought Jim beam was welsh :P

Image

Image


Image

_________________
Arf you out of your fucking mind.Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18756
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
Today I went on a short tour with my bike, which is handmade in the USA. Since it's a very nice bike I wondered, which other products from the USA beside Frank Zappa, Tabasco, and Western movies are highly recommendable.

Any suggestions ?

Image

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 5335
Location: Birthplace of Grand Funk Railroad & Mr Don Preston
just plain doug wrote:
My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
Today I went on a short tour with my bike, which is handmade in the USA. Since it's a very nice bike I wondered, which other products from the USA beside Frank Zappa, Tabasco, and Western movies are highly recommendable.

Any suggestions ?

Image


Haha I saw that too, Doug, but didn't want to spoil a good thing. Maybe it's from Japan Texas??

_________________
*********************************************************************

You just don't understand, You're from Kalamazoo.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:14 am
Posts: 3134
the telephone, tv, the computer, electric light
<shrugs> I couldn't help it

_________________
" . . . On the outside now . . ."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:21 am
Posts: 5202
Location: Rhineland
Milton Bradley wrote:
just plain doug wrote:
My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
Today I went on a short tour with my bike, which is handmade in the USA. Since it's a very nice bike I wondered, which other products from the USA beside Frank Zappa, Tabasco, and Western movies are highly recommendable.

Any suggestions ?

Image


Haha I saw that too, Doug, but didn't want to spoil a good thing. Maybe it's from Japan Texas??


Don't quibble over that little part. The whole gear shift is from Japan, too. But the sticker is from the USA. Hmmm ...how many stars are in the American flag ?

_________________
What's the ugliest part of your body ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:28 pm
Posts: 2541
Location: in the tiny dirt somewhere
My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
Hmmm ...how many stars are in the American flag ?

One for each state.

Let's see: denial, hysteria.... uh, should be two.

Oh, wait. It's three. Forgot about confusion...

_________________
_________________Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18756
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
Don't quibble over that little part. The whole gear shift is from Japan, too. But the sticker is from the USA. Hmmm ...how many stars are in the American flag ?

Yeah, Fritz, I know...I know. I owned a Chrysler Daytona ES (V-6, American built car). When the speedometer panel stopped working, I had to wait 3 weeks to get it fixed, because that part came from J.A. Pan & Company. :roll:

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:58 pm
Posts: 13142
Location: Home of The Mondavi Center.
just plain doug wrote:
My_Name_Is_Fritz wrote:
Don't quibble over that little part. The whole gear shift is from Japan, too. But the sticker is from the USA. Hmmm ...how many stars are in the American flag ?

Yeah, Fritz, I know...I know. I owned a Chrysler Daytona ES (V-6, American built car). When the speedometer panel stopped working, I had to wait 3 weeks to get it fixed, because that part came from J.A. Pan & Company. :roll:


And the speedometer blew up the very next day.Sorry counld't help myself :mrgreen:

_________________
I'm getting larger as I walk away.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:50 pm
Posts: 270
Location: N. of Boston, MA USA
JEANS!Image

They all started here!

--Batchain


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:44 pm
Posts: 1466
Location: An air base in Central Europe
Image


Each time Trendy waits for Bennie in the tool shed


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 6098
Location: Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
buffalo_voice wrote:
Image


Each time Trendy waits for Bennie in the tool shed

Uh.........Check Please!!!!!!

_________________
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:41 pm
Posts: 14907
Image

_________________
One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2002 4:25 am
Posts: 3448
Location: SANTA MARIA,CA USA
basketball, plasma

_________________
One two, buckle my shoe!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:54 pm
Posts: 5335
Location: Birthplace of Grand Funk Railroad & Mr Don Preston
Here's a great website I've been using this year.
http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/

One of my favorites are the Rockmount Ranchwear shirts.
ImageImage
Image

I'm gonna own one of these shirts someday soon. :mrgreen:

_________________
*********************************************************************

You just don't understand, You're from Kalamazoo.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:14 am
Posts: 18756
Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CANADA
Milton Bradley wrote:
One of my favorites are the Rockmount Ranchwear shirts.
Image

I see they ran out of square buttons, and had to use the diamond-shaped ones.

_________________
You're probably wondering why I'm here
(not that it makes a heck of a lot of a difference to ya)
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:56 pm
Posts: 4716
http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/default.asp

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group