Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:31 am 

You are so closely identified (Although condescendingly and disparagingly.) by so many people with FZ that when FZ died you got more phone calls of condolence from more people than you did when your parents died -- and from some people you would never have expected to hear from! :roll:

--Bat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:07 pm 

You shave your pubies in an upside down Imperial so it will remind you of Frank when ever you take a pee.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:58 pm 

When Frank passed,they (so called former friends and lovers) said "they" thought I would be "bummed-out" if I found out. So I found out through traveling from strangers that Frank was gone. :cry: Then everyone had to act like (I) was how they just found out.They can't act! :P I knew I was a true Zappa fan when I ordered Freak-Out,after only 20 listens to Absolutely Free on an old motorola RCA giant cabinet type rig. Never wavered since.An,I don't have to mow lawns & pull weeds to get a record now. 8) :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:35 am 

1)When you know where it says "Dweezil" on the Chungas album cover, because you found it whilst sudying the detail.
2)When you read all this lot trying to find one that you don't identify with!
I found one - I haven't got 54 versions of Chungas
Going back to my 1st point - Trivia Quiz time - And I hope the 54 versions man gets this one - Where does Dweezils name appear on the Chungas cover?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:14 pm 

When you can hold a conversation using Zappa lyrics.Also known as Zappanese.You might be a true Zappaphile. :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:14 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
When you can hold a conversation using Zappa lyrics.Also known as Zappanese.You might be a true Zappaphile. :wink: :mrgreen:

You think your Zappanese...you really think your Zappanese...you really think sooo... 8)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:10 pm 

When after you copy your entire complete CD collection of FZ to your portable hard drive you are bummed out because the FUCKING COMPUTER is too stupid to naturally sort them in official release order.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:42 pm 

tweezers wrote:
When after you copy your entire complete CD collection of FZ to your portable hard drive you are bummed out because the FUCKING COMPUTER is too stupid to naturally sort them in official release order.
I just investigated this in my iTunes application (I have Snow Leopard on a Mac). It seems that there is field in MP3s for the release date and in the view options you can have release date displayed. I tried this and noticed that only a very small number of MP3s I have include a release date and all of those are purchases from the iTunes store. Those tunes can easily be ordered by their release date simply by clicking on the Release Date column header.

But, of course, if you open up the info editor it doesn't include a field for release date. If it did, all I would have to do is enter a release date for all of my Zappa albums, drop them into a separate playlist and voila. I'm going to report that to Apple as a suggestion for an added feature to iTunes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:51 pm 

Good idea. I am using .wma files, so that I can transport and play anywhere. I really wish all that stuff was simple open source, no special iTunes files (I also do not think that flac is so much better, on my crappy computer speakers at work).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:29 pm 

. . . you cant bear your entire zappa collection to be at the bottom of your music shelves so re-invent the alphabet with z as the first letter, thereby putting the master in pride of place on the top shelf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:51 pm 

The fire alarm goes off, and you first grab as much Zappa vinyl as possible, then worry about anything else (money, documents, kids, pets, etc.).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:00 pm 

...your cell phone rings and everyone around you hear a marvellous interpretation of RNDZL by the Ensemble Ambrosious...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:17 pm 

just plain doug wrote:
The fire alarm goes off, and you first grab as much Zappa vinyl as possible, then worry about anything else (money, documents, kids, pets, etc.).

So Sabbs is on her own then? :lol: I'm with you,take the vinyl and run. :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:19 pm 

tweezers wrote:
polydigm wrote:
I just investigated this in my iTunes application (I have Snow Leopard on a Mac). It seems that there is field in MP3s for the release date and in the view options you can have release date displayed. I tried this and noticed that only a very small number of MP3s I have include a release date and all of those are purchases from the iTunes store. Those tunes can easily be ordered by their release date simply by clicking on the Release Date column header.

But, of course, if you open up the info editor it doesn't include a field for release date. If it did, all I would have to do is enter a release date for all of my Zappa albums, drop them into a separate playlist and voila. I'm going to report that to Apple as a suggestion for an added feature to iTunes.

well, you can add the release year in the info window, but of course that doesn't put multiple releases from the same year in the correct order, so I just drag and drop the albums manually in the correct order.

and I'm on a mac, runnng tiger.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:53 pm 

When you can smell a fake-phoney,like when they say "oh yeah.I saw him eat shit on stage"! Then quickly switch to "you calling me a liar?" These people want some kind of acceptance some where.Now having said that! The number of people who said they saw him do it,well,I figure he ate so much that there was no room for music,so some "fans" are here just for the shit.Thats it.Pity but true. :cry: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:08 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

lol i am not that good.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:55 am 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
When you can smell a fake-phoney,

Back in 1982 or so I remember going with a guitarist friend that was auditioning for
the Rolling Stones cover band Sticky Fingers. They had this vocalist that tired his best
to not only sing but emulate the persona of Mick Jagger. I mean I can understand how
the character acting may have been a part of their show but this guy was seemingy eating
the metaphorical pooched out succulent rectus Mick Jagger Twinkies 24x7.

Anyhow the audition was held at this guys house in Brooklyn who was a friend of the band.
He was about 10 years older than me so I guess it was possible he had attended
a Garrick Theater show but these off the wall stories of FZ he told and drug usage
one could only laugh at.

I mean I was unsure what was more preposterous the Mick Jagger Twinkee
or this guy who seemingly had no clue about Frank Zappa.
He did offer some nice cold Sake though.

FZ "Read It And Weep"
April 17,1981

Frank Zappa left the ZFT in Control of his Vaults and Artistic rights.
We the fans are not in control. We have a choice to use our eyes and ears or read it and weep.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:52 pm 

...when you turn up the volume to drown out your wife's protests (Wonderful gal, not a Frank fan)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:26 am 

Dump her. If she can't handle Frank, she should be lonely.

(just kidding... :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:11 pm 

She keeps coming back. The 'Louie Louie' of my life....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:20 pm 

When I walk into the bedroom where my clothes are, there is a sign over the bedroom door that says, Frank Zappa Ave. On the doorknob there's the "Do Not Disturb - I'm listening to 200 Motels" sign. On one wall there is a 2 ft. x 3 ft. taffeta wall hanging which has the painting of, in relief, the inside cover pic of Frank from AF.

Oh, and over the door I have the hotel key that came in that CD.

I see Frank every morning of every day :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:54 pm 

When you notice that tweezers 1000 post on the forum is on this thread. (atta boy tweezers) :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:21 am 

when you squabble over petty nothingness and go so far up your own asshole, that you get stoned from the fumes of your own stinky existence.

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:26 am 

TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:
when you squabble over petty nothingness and go so far up your own asshole, that you get stoned from the fumes of your own stinky existence.

So...are you saying you are or aren't a true Zappa fan?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:55 am 

just plain doug wrote:
TheCentralScrutinizer wrote:

So...are you saying you are or aren't a true Zappa fan?

I'm just myself Doug, nothing more nothing less. I don't follow any trends, politics, gurus or gods.

I love his music, but if calling myself a "true fan" in some ways incorporates me unwillingly into an insidious collective of "cool....ahem" people. Then I would rather say i'm just an admirer of his work.

Now stop fuming Doug, you won't like the stone :mrgreen:

Shitface
Shitface Music Page

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next