The resurrection of the deceased
Automotons gather all the pieces
So the world may be increased
In simulation jubilation
For the builders
Of the body of the beast

Post subject: Re: Best Lyrics Ever?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:31 am 

^^^ Sorry for my stupidity, but who is the source of those lyrics?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:49 am 

I know Axl is a douche, but listen to this one on the headphones when you're going through a divorce.

"Better"

No one ever told me when
I was alone
They just thought I'd know better, better

No one ever told me when
I was alone

The hardest part
This troubled heart
Has never yet been through now

Was heal the scars
That got their start
Inside someone like you now

For had I known
Or I'd been shown
Back when how long it'd take me

To break the charms
That brought me harm
And all but would erase me

I never would
Or thought I could
No matter what you'd pay me

Replay the part
You stole my heart
I should have known you're crazy

If all I knew
Was that with you
I'd want someone to save me

It'd be enough
But just my luck
I fell in love and maybe

All that I wanted was

Now I know you better
You know I know better
Now I know you better

So bittersweet
This tragedy
Won't ask for absolution

This melody
Inside of me
Still searches for solution

A twist of faith
A change of heart
Cures my infatuation

A broken heart
Provides the spark
For my determination

No one ever told me when
I was alone

No one ever told me when
I was alone

All that I wanted was

Now I know you better
You know I know better
Now I know you better

I never wanted you to be so full of anger (anger)
I never wanted you to be somebody else
I never wanted you to be someone afraid to know themselves
I only wanted you to see things for yourself

All that I wanted was

Now I know you better
Now we all know better
All that I wanted was

Na na na na
Na na na na
Na na na na
Na na na na
(cont, thru verse)

If I were you
I'd manage to
Avoid the invitation

Of promised love
That can't keep up
With your adoration

Just use your head
And in the end
You'll find your inspiration

To choose your steps
And won't regret
This kind of aggravation

No one ever told me when
I was alone

No one ever told me when
I was alone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:26 am 

This thread turned serious.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:21 am 

Philostopher wrote:
^^^ Sorry for my stupidity, but who is the source of those lyrics?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:18 am 

slime.oofytv.set wrote:
99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall
98 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 97 bottles of beer on the wall
97 bottles of beer on the wall, 97 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 96 bottles of beer on the wall
96 bottles of beer on the wall, 96 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 95 bottles of beer on the wall
95 bottles of beer on the wall, 95 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 94 bottles of beer on the wall
94 bottles of beer on the wall, 94 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 93 bottles of beer on the wall
93 bottles of beer on the wall, 93 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 92 bottles of beer on the wall
92 bottles of beer on the wall, 92 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 91 bottles of beer on the wall
91 bottles of beer on the wall, 91 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 90 bottles of beer on the wall
90 bottles of beer on the wall, 90 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 89 bottles of beer on the wall
89 bottles of beer on the wall, 89 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 88 bottles of beer on the wall
88 bottles of beer on the wall, 88 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 87 bottles of beer on the wall
87 bottles of beer on the wall, 87 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 86 bottles of beer on the wall
86 bottles of beer on the wall, 86 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 85 bottles of beer on the wall
85 bottles of beer on the wall, 85 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 84 bottles of beer on the wall
84 bottles of beer on the wall, 84 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 83 bottles of beer on the wall
83 bottles of beer on the wall, 83 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 82 bottles of beer on the wall
82 bottles of beer on the wall, 82 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 81 bottles of beer on the wall
81 bottles of beer on the wall, 81 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 80 bottles of beer on the wall
80 bottles of beer on the wall, 80 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 79 bottles of beer on the wall
79 bottles of beer on the wall, 79 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 78 bottles of beer on the wall
78 bottles of beer on the wall, 78 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 77 bottles of beer on the wall
77 bottles of beer on the wall, 77 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 76 bottles of beer on the wall
76 bottles of beer on the wall, 76 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 75 bottles of beer on the wall
75 bottles of beer on the wall, 75 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 74 bottles of beer on the wall
74 bottles of beer on the wall, 74 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 73 bottles of beer on the wall
73 bottles of beer on the wall, 73 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 72 bottles of beer on the wall
72 bottles of beer on the wall, 72 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 71 bottles of beer on the wall
71 bottles of beer on the wall, 71 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 70 bottles of beer on the wall
70 bottles of beer on the wall, 70 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 69 bottles of beer on the wall
69 bottles of beer on the wall, 69 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 68 bottles of beer on the wall
68 bottles of beer on the wall, 68 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 67 bottles of beer on the wall
67 bottles of beer on the wall, 67 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 66 bottles of beer on the wall
65 bottles of beer on the wall, 65 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 64 bottles of beer on the wall
64 bottles of beer on the wall, 64 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 63 bottles of beer on the wall
63 bottles of beer on the wall, 63 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 62 bottles of beer on the wall
62 bottles of beer on the wall, 62 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 61 bottles of beer on the wall
61 bottles of beer on the wall, 61 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 60 bottles of beer on the wall
60 bottles of beer on the wall, 60 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 59 bottles of beer on the wall
59 bottles of beer on the wall, 59 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 58 bottles of beer on the wall
58 bottles of beer on the wall, 58 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 57 bottles of beer on the wall
57 bottles of beer on the wall, 57 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 56 bottles of beer on the wall
56 bottles of beer on the wall, 56 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 55 bottles of beer on the wall
55 bottles of beer on the wall, 55 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 54 bottles of beer on the wall
54 bottles of beer on the wall, 54 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 53 bottles of beer on the wall
53 bottles of beer on the wall, 53 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 52 bottles of beer on the wall
52 bottles of beer on the wall, 52 bottles of beer, take 1 down, pass it around, 51 bottles of beer on the wall
51 bottles of beer on the wall, 51 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 50 bottles of beer on the wall
50 bottles of beer on the wall, 50 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 49 bottles of beer on the wall
49 bottles of beer on the wall, 49 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 48 bottles of beer on the wall
48 bottles of beer on the wall, 48 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 47 bottles of beer on the wall
47 bottles of beer on the wall, 47 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 46 bottles of beer on the wall
46 bottles of beer on the wall, 46 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 45 bottles of beer on the wall
45 bottles of beer on the wall, 45 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 44 bottles of beer on the wall
44 bottles of beer on the wall, 44 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 43 bottles of beer on the wall
43 bottles of beer on the wall, 43 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 42 bottles of beer on the wall
42 bottles of beer on the wall, 42 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 41 bottles of beer on the wall
41 bottles of beer on the wall, 41 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 40 bottles of beer on the wall
40 bottles of beer on the wall, 40 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 39 bottles of beer on the wall
39 bottles of beer on the wall, 39 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 38 bottles of beer on the wall
38 bottles of beer on the wall, 38 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 37 bottles of beer on the wall
37 bottles of beer on the wall, 37 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 36 bottles of beer on the wall
36 bottles of beer on the wall, 36 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 35 bottles of beer on the wall
35 bottles of beer on the wall, 35 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 34 bottles of beer on the wall
34 bottles of beer on the wall, 34 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 33 bottles of beer on the wall
32 bottles of beer on the wall, 32 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 31 bottles of beer on the wall
31 bottles of beer on the wall, 31 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 30 bottles of beer on the wall
30 bottles of beer on the wall, 30 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 29 bottles of beer on the wall
29 bottles of beer on the wall, 29 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 28 bottles of beer on the wall
28 bottles of beer on the wall, 28 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 27 bottles of beer on the wall
27 bottles of beer on the wall, 27 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 26 bottles of beer on the wall
26 bottles of beer on the wall, 26 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 25 bottles of beer on the wall
25 bottles of beer on the wall, 25 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 24 bottles of beer on the wall
24 bottles of beer on the wall, 24 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 23 bottles of beer on the wall
22 bottles of beer on the wall, 22 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 21 bottles of beer on the wall
21 bottles of beer on the wall, 21 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 20 bottles of beer on the wall
20 bottles of beer on the wall, 20 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 19 bottles of beer on the wall
19 bottles of beer on the wall, 19 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 18 bottles of beer on the wall
18 bottles of beer on the wall, 18 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 17 bottles of beer on the wall
17 bottles of beer on the wall, 17 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 16 bottles of beer on the wall
16 bottles of beer on the wall, 16 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 15 bottles of beer on the wall
15 bottles of beer on the wall, 15 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 14 bottles of beer on the wall
14 bottles of beer on the wall, 14 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 13 bottles of beer on the wall
12 bottles of beer on the wall, 12 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 11 bottles of beer on the wall
11 bottles of beer on the wall, 11 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 10 bottles of beer on the wall
10 bottles of beer on the wall, 10 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 9 bottles of beer on the wall
9 bottles of beer on the wall, 9 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 8 bottles of beer on the wall
8 bottles of beer on the wall, 8 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 7 bottles of beer on the wall
7 bottles of beer on the wall, 7 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 6 bottles of beer on the wall
6 bottles of beer on the wall, 6 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 5 bottles of beer on the wall
5 bottles of beer on the wall, 5 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 4 bottles of beer on the wall
4 bottles of beer on the wall, 4 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 3 bottles of beer on the wall
3 bottles of beer on the wall, 3 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 2 bottles of beer on the wall
2 bottles of beer on the wall, 2 bottles of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 1 bottle of beer on the wall
1 bottle of beer on the wall, 1 bottle of beer; take 1 down, pass it around, 0 bottles of beer on the wall
0 bottles of beer on the wall, 0 bottles of beer, go to the store, buy some more, 99 bottles of beer on the wall

I'm the slime oozing out from your Excel spreadsheet...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:18 am 

Another summer rolls by
And I can't help but feel pain
All those familiar faces
Come back to haunt me again
Whether I hated their guts
Or hardly knew them at all
I always felt far away
Beside them there in the halls

My yearbook keeps me informed
My yearbook keeps me in line
Its an obituary
Gives me a concept of time
We've graduated and grown
From a real world once our own
Yet we have proven them wrong
By dropping off all along

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:07 am 

I got lumps in my throat
When I saw her comin' down the aisle
I got the wiggles in my knees
When she looked at me and sweetly smiled

There she is again standin' over by the record machine
Lookin' like a model on the cover of a magazine
She's too cute to be a minute over seventeen
Mean while I was thinkin'

She's in the mood, no need to break it
I got the chance, I oughta take it
If she will dance, we can make it
C'mon Queenie let's shake it

Go, go, go, little Queenie

Tell me who's the queen standin' over by the record machine
Lookin' like a model on the cover of the magazine
She's too cute to be a minute over seventeen
Mean while I was still thinkin'

If it's a slow song we'll omit it
If it's a rocker, that we'll get it
And if it's good, she'll admit it
C'mon Queenie, let's get with it

Let's get it, everybody

written in 1959

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:24 am 

Off of Highway Five
I won't tell you the exit
Is a filthy rest stop
Men are having sex at
They leave condoms on the ground
For innocent dogs to eat
They leave syringes in the grass
For stepping on with bare feet

Kids from my home town
Busted for petty stealing
Find themselves sentenced
To rest stop cleaning

I don't want to be the kettle
That called the pot black
But this rehabilitation scheme
Is the wrong attack
Kids need role models
Like the Four Freshmen or Mercyful Fate.
Punish them with rest stop cleaning
And beware the monsters you create

Kids from my home town
Punished by their very birth
Let them work fast food jobs
Let them prove their worth.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:39 am 

XTC - King For A Day

Everyone's creeping up to the money God
Putting tongues where they didn't ought to be
On stepping stones of human hearts and souls
Into the land of 'Nothing for free'

Well, the way that we're living
Is all take and no giving
There's nothing to believe in
The loudest mouth will hail the new found way
To be king for a day

Everyone's licking up to the new king pin
Trying to get a way up with the smile
Sing for your supper boy and jump to a finger click
Ain't my way of living in style

'Cause the ladder gets longer
And ambition gets stronger
I can't satisfy the hunger
That bad old moon has got you in its sway
To be king for a day, king for a day

You're only here once, so you got to get it right
No time to fuss and fight
'Cause life don't mean much
If measured out with someone else's plight

'Cause the way that we're living
Is all take and no giving
There's nothing much to believe in
The loudest mouth will hail the new found way
To be king for a day

King for a day
King for a day
King for a day

:idea:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:51 am 

Clock strikes twelve and moondrops burst
Out at you from their hiding place
Like acid and oil on a madman's face
His reason tends to fly away
Like lesser birds on the four winds
Like silver scrapes in May
And now the sand's become a crust
Most of you have gone away

Come Susie dear, let's take a walk
Just out there upon the beach
I know you'll soon be married
And you'll want to know where winds come from
Well it's never said at all
On the map that Carrie reads
Behind the clock back there you know
At the Four Winds Bar

Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!

Four doors at the Four Winds Bar
Two doors locked and windows barred
One door left to take you in
The other one just mirrors it

Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!

Hellish glare and inference
The other one's a duplicate
The Queenly flux, eternal light
Or the light that never warms
Yes the light that never, never warms
Or the light that never
Never warms
Never warms
Never warms

The clock strikes twelve and moondrops burst
Out at you from their hiding place
Miss Carrie nurse and Susie dear
Would find themselves at Four Winds Bar

It's the nexus of the crisis
And the origin of storms
Just the place to hopelessly
Encounter time and then came me

Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!

Call me Desdinova
Eternal light
These gravely digs of mine
Will surely prove a sight
And don't forget my dog
Fixed and consequent

Astronomy...a star...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:35 pm 

You're a lonely little girl
But your mommy and your daddy don't care
You're a lonely little girl

The things they say
just hurt your heart
It's too late now
for them to start
to understand
the way you feel
The world for them
is too unreal
So you're lonely, lonely, lonely little girl

(All of your children are poor unfortunate victims of systems beyond their control
A plague due to their ignorance and the great despair of your ugly lives
Where did Annie go? When 'she went to town? Who are all those creeps thwt she brings around?
All of your children are poor unfortunate victims of lies you believe
A plague due to your ignorance that keeps the young men off of the truth they diserve)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:09 pm 

Muse - Madness

MA MA MA MA MA MA MA MA Mad Mad Mad

I
I can't get these memories out of my mind
And some kind of madness has started to evolve

I
I tried so hard to let you go
But some kind of madness is swallowing me whole, yeah

I have finally seen the light
And I have finally realized what you mean
And now I need to know is this real love
Or is it just madness keeping us afloat?

And when I look back at all the crazy fights we had
Like some kind of madness was taking control, yeah

And now I have finally seen the light
And I have finally realised what you need

But now I have finally seen the end
(finally seen the end)
And I'm not expecting you to care, no
(expecting you to care)
That I have finally seen the light
(finally seen the light)
And I have finally realised
(realised)
I need your love
I need your love

Come to me, just in a dream
Come on and rescue me
Yes I know I can be wrong
Maybe you're too headstrong
Our love is...

MA MA MA MA MA MA MA MA
Madness

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:28 pm 

I'm cryin'
I'm cryin'
Cryin' for Sharleena,
Can't you see
I called up all my baby's friends
'N ask'n 'em
Where she done went
But nobody 'round here seems to know
Where my Sharleena's been
Where my Sharleena's been

Ten long years I have been lovin' her
Ten long years
And I thought deep down in my heart
She was mine
Ten long years I been lovin' her
Ten long years
I would call her my baby, and now,
I'm always cryin'

I would be so delighted
I.would be so delighted
If they would just
Send her on home to me

Where she done went....gets me every time

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:02 pm 

Todd Rundgren - Stood Up (video with lryics)

http://youtu.be/5pMhk8-lSNM

Still my favorite song since 2000.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:00 pm 

coevad wrote:
Todd Rundgren - Stood Up (video with lryics)

http://youtu.be/5pMhk8-lSNM

Still my favorite song since 2000.

Very XTC-ish, Past seems loke an ode to Hall & Oats (and even throws in Sarah)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:15 pm 

Liars is a great album.

Soul Brother - http://youtu.be/SvO3gMw5XqI

I didn't just pull into town.
This happened right before my eyes.
There's something missing in the sound,
That so used to satisfy.
It may rock, it may roll, but tell me
Whatever happened to your soul?

It's just a murky, jerky groove.
It motivates but it don't move
And all the pimps and funky divas
Crank out their empty testifying
They mixed it all in a bowl but then they
Forgot to add a pinch of soul

Tell me, whatever happened to soul, brother?
Tell me, what did they do with the soul, soul brother?
Tell me, where did they go with the soul, brother?
Can I get a witness?

We're only here to entertain
And just pretend to be in pain
And if you wanna see me get down
Just watch me wave my hands around
It's just a distraction I'm told, I use it
To hide my total lack of soul

Can't find a little a bit of soul
Cause it's so hip to be a ho
And all the brothers act like crooks
And all the kids in the suburbs write the radio hooks

And if you want to be a star
Just grab your crotch and squeeze it hard
And make your mom and daddy proud
As you dry hump for the crowd
It may be tired and old, but then it's
Your only substitute for soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:14 pm 

"Slainte Mhath"

A hand held over a candle in angst fuelled bravado
A carbon trail scores a moist stretched palm
Trapped in the indecision of another fine menu
And you sit there and ask me to tell you the story so far
This is the story so far
Shuffling your memories dealing your doodles in margins
You scrawl out your poems across a beermat or two
And when you declare the point of grave creation
They turn round and you to tell them the story so far
This is the story so far

And you listen with a tear in you eye
To their hopes and betrayals and your only reply
Is Slainte Mhath

Princes in exile raising the standard Drambuie
Parading their anecdotes tired from old campaigns
Holding their own last orders commanding attention
We sit here and listen to all of the story so far
This is the story so far

Take it away, take it away, take it away
Take me away, take me away, take me away

From the dream on the barbed wire at Flanders and Bilston Glen
From a Clydeside that rusts from the tears of its broken men
From the realisation that we've been left behind
Is to stand like our fathers before us in the firing line

Waiting on the whistle to blow
We stand here waiting on the whistle to blow
They promised us miracles, and the whistle still blows
Broken promises but the whistle still blows
Waiting on the whistle to blow
We stand here waiting on the whistle to blow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:30 am 

To the one true God above:
here is my prayer -
not the first you've heard, but the first I wrote.
(not the first, but the others were a long time ago).
There are two people here, and I want you to kill them.
Her - she can go quietly, by disease or a blow
to the base of her neck,
where her necklaces close,
where her garments come together,
where I used to lay my face...
That's where you oughta kill her,
in that particular place.
Him - just fucking kill him, I don't care if it hurts.
Yes I do, I want it to,
fucking kill him but first
make him cry like a woman,
(no particular woman),
let him hold out, hold back
(someone or other might come and fucking kill him).
Fucking kill him.
Kill him already, kill him.
Fucking kill him, fucking kill him,
Kill him already, kill him,
Just fucking kill him!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:10 pm 

I can't verify the lyrics below, but it looks like many sites repeat them.

ZZ Top - 10 Foot Pole

Tidify da, sinmah gough dah hep haing ding fum gogamamo
Stry da fings thadd awondt oont do butt any il thang thad a wondt meeto
Shees my nurirng my nu esit seten' ra mind at a ros reshoo
I don loo kadang doo my net loohah leten meen you

Hmm, I wouldn't touch her with a ten foot pole
I wouldn't touch her with a ten foot pole
You just don't know what shape I'm in

Try-da-fy thedit dern tasgoo
Itel dang ifl eeton if airs ron wichoo
Day me dy ron my nek
Thars a dang ana ding doo itan beegon