Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:53 am 

This from the idiot bastards site:

The eighth batch of download-only recordings made at Pal and Original Sound studios by Paul Buff are now available. The three new releases feature further wonderment, such as: Love Of My Life (Piano Intro), a very brief FZ piece on piano; Memories Of El Monte (Stereo Mix); It's Gonna Work Out Fine by Buddy And The Crickets, the A-side of the extremely rare late 1962 acetate produced by FZ; Jezebel by Buddy And The Crickets, the B-side of the acetate produced by FZ; The Swag by The Tornadoes, another late 1962 acetate engineered by FZ and produced by Dave Aerni; and Love Of My Life (Alternate Version) by The Pal Studio Band, a longer version of the track that appeared on Greasy Love Songs. As ever, look here and here for more

I'm a pretty big Buddy Holly fan and I've never heard of those songs or any reference to Buddy recording there. Plus, these recordings date from the early 60's. Buddy was dead by feb 1959.
Could this be the Crickets and Bobby Vee?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:39 am 

Ringo wrote:

The eighth batch of download-only recordings made at Pal and Original Sound studios by Paul Buff are now available. The three new releases feature further wonderment, such as: Love Of My Life (Piano Intro), a very brief FZ piece on piano; Memories Of El Monte (Stereo Mix); It's Gonna Work Out Fine by Buddy And The Crickets, the A-side of the extremely rare late 1962 acetate produced by FZ; Jezebel by Buddy And The Crickets, the B-side of the acetate produced by FZ; The Swag by The Tornadoes, another late 1962 acetate engineered by FZ and produced by Dave Aerni; and Love Of My Life (Alternate Version) by The Pal Studio Band, a longer version of the track that appeared on Greasy Love Songs. As ever, look here and here for more

I'm a pretty big Buddy Holly fan and I've never heard of those songs or any reference to Buddy recording there. Plus, these recordings date from the early 60's. Buddy was dead by feb 1959.

I think they are just referring to a cover of the song, although it's not really clear. I can't think of any reason the Crickets would be recording at these studios.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:55 am 

calvin2hikers wrote:
Ringo wrote:

I think they are just referring to a cover of the song, although it's not really clear. I can't think of any reason the Crickets would be recording at these studios.

Hope we get some clarification. I'm pretty familiar with just about every recording/song Buddy mate and I've never heard of those ones mentioned.