Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Frank's infidelity
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:48 pm 

[color=#BF0000]Judy Collins said it best, for me, with all my Christianity, and Spirituality, "I've looked at love from both sides, now, from win and loose, and still somehow, it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know love, at all."[/color]

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:51 pm 

Joni Mitchell said it best for Judy Collins.

donalynette wrote:
from win and loose

Good one.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:34 pm 

Everytime your alone is there always that damn god in the room? Your never alone are you? Dododododoodoodoodoo,he/it/them/it/he is always watching you? Sound familiar? Your worst nightmare? Scared to sleep with anyone? Relax,for a $buck.42 you too can be a Guru! That's right,with your new Guru status you'll receive: A bell,beads,muslim cloth,a hemp rope and of course a magical cigar box* with the dust of The Grand Wazoo!**
(and it'll cure your asthma too) Trust me,your alright the way you are. :shock:

* Guaranteed to blow your mind and kill your ills.(your cured)

** Offer not available in some places and Canucks add whatever you think is fair. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:59 pm 

Mr. K. K., You really are sweet, and I do think you are on to something. God as a friend, is welcome, the God from the Old Testament, is quite a downer. Yes, it could have been Joni Mitchell, I recall her song, "We are trapped upon a carousel of time,.." Both had marvelous voices, along with Linda Ronstadt, Joan Baez, Buffy Saint Marie, and a few others. That seems "Oh, so true, to me", also, Indeed, we are trapped in a "Material world", "Prisoners of our own device", "Born free, but everywhere we are in chains", "slaves to our lusts" .

We are driving back to H.H. tomorrow, my computer is too slow with dial up. I like my Droid very much, and my cousin has one just like mine. I recommend you get a longer battery life than the one I did. And, while I am at it, say a nice word for me to the man at the top, I am sure, he will listen some to you all.

"You make my sun shine brighter than Doris Day".

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:25 pm 

Uh-Oh! :shock: Dear Frank..... :twisted:. {-

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:43 am 

donalynette wrote:
[color=#BF00BF][size=150] God as a friend, is welcome, the God from the Old Testament, is quite a downer. Yes, it could have been Joni Mitchell, I recall her song, "We are trapped upon a carousel of time,.."... say a nice word for me to the man at the top, I am sure, he will listen some to you all.

"You make my sun shine brighter than Doris Day".

Unfortunately, although basically an agnostic, the God I would believe in (if I believed in God) is a petty, arbitrary unforgiving old git who hides my glasses in the morning,gives my son a stomach ulcer, encourages cancer in my wife, happily looks on while the Holocaust is happening and is sure to ensure that the world will end soon.
When has he ever demonstrated his love to mankind? "Quite a downer" would appear to be an understatement to me. Chucking Adam and Eve out of paradise for wanting know something? Destroying most of the world in a flood? Allowing his truest acolyte Job to be tortured by Satan in some bizarre "bet"? Looking on while the only survivor of Sodom (a city he had just destroyed) was seduced by his daughters? Striking uninvolved Egyptians with various plagues? Thinking up a weird method of absolving humankind from original sin by allowing his son to be painfully crucified? This kind of behaviour in any normal person would not be characterized as "good" by me at least, but it seems pretty par for the course... if I believed in God.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:29 am 

I lean towards the Chinese TAO when it comes to the Universal Godhead, more of an interconnection than a being who meddles in our day to day business, that stuff in Religion is most certainly attributably to an Ancient Aliens type of interaction with advance beings, if we go to the oldest written record Samarian texts, that is exactly what they tell us as well as India, American Indians, most Anglo civilizations in North Europe, and African cultures. It makes sense and it is what they say they saw ...with time it morphed into religion and these beings lost most of their human characteristics except for being moody, violent, and punitive.

:smoke:

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:52 am 

Boy, this thread sure went to hell. Tag it and bag it.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:58 am 

definition: agnostic: atheist who is also a chickenshit

http://thesurfonics.com/index.html

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:30 pm 

Caputh, I sympathize totally. My daughter is questioning, and has the same arguments. I am reluctant to influence her either way, because I want her to think, and discover. She said she doesn't think God hears her prayers, and our world is a horrible mess. But that is irrelevant, we are to be an answer to others prayers, with or without permission, and prompting. Do you have to be a card-carrying Christian to love? H--l no.

Yes, I have wondered also, what God, or the Holy Spirit was doing, while people were murdered in the concentration camps. I read Mein Kampf, in the beginning part, Hitler believed the Lord was speaking to him about a sacred or divine purpose. Why was Mien Kampf read throughout all of Europe years before the War started? Why were connections not made?

I am not looking to Hitler as a cause but, into the human race, into the self, into our shadow.

Then dear friends, I guess I bring up God, because the topic mentions "infidelity", and I believe that our religious beliefs, assumptions, and presumptions, have to do with the 10 commandments, social norms, societal influences, and inferences.

BTW "You make my sun shine brighter than Doris Day", is from George Michael, early 80's.

Also, remember, the Marquis De Sade, in Justine, complimented one of his ladies by saying, she is "as pretty as the DAY".

Can there be a higher honor?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:05 pm 

muziko wrote:

Actually I always figured an agnostic as someone who's willing to admit that there are things they don't know.

And that atheists can be just as fanatical about their 'beliefs' as any believer. One is positive there is, and the other just as positive there isn't, both without any nonpartisan quantifiable evidence.

I'm just as willing to admit that I don't know, as I am that I don't care and that I'm more than willing to find out what, if anything, happens after death when that time comes. Not in a real hurry to find out and anyone who tries to tell me they already know I just have to call out. They are free to tell me what they believe but they also need to be aware that I have a pretty low tolerance threshold for weak or badly written fiction.

Who wants the soapbox next? :P

Miasma!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:37 pm 

donalynette wrote:
Caputh, I sympathize totally. My daughter is questioning, and has the same arguments. I am reluctant to influence her either way, because I want her to think, and discover. She said she doesn't think God hears her prayers, and our world is a horrible mess. But that is irrelevant, we are to be an answer to others prayers, with or without permission, and prompting. Do you have to be a card-carrying Christian to love? H--l no.

Yes, I have wondered also, what God, or the Holy Spirit was doing, while people were murdered in the concentration camps. I read Mein Kampf, in the beginning part, Hitler believed the Lord was speaking to him about a sacred or divine purpose. Why was Mien Kampf read throughout all of Europe years before the War started? Why were connections not made?

I am not looking to Hitler as a cause but, into the human race, into the self, into our shadow.

Then dear friends, I guess I bring up God, because the topic mentions "infidelity", and I believe that our religious beliefs, assumptions, and presumptions, have to do with the 10 commandments, social norms, societal influences, and inferences.

BTW "You make my sun shine brighter than Doris Day", is from George Michael, early 80's.

Also, remember, the Marquis De Sade, in Justine, complimented one of his ladies by saying, she is "as pretty as the DAY".

Can there be a higher honor?

Many of the Nazi high command were positive that they needed to make contact with the super humans who came to earth in the distant past, they searched the world before the war for objects from the past that they consider vital to a cause to rule the world. They had many mediums that were in contact with these beings through mental telepathy, their top scientist who worked on their most exotic projects when asked how they could get so technologically advanced so quickly stated "we had help from another world..." they called the energy they were trying to tap into Vril. Rest assured the movie Raiders of the Lost Ark well over the top was a little closer to the truth than most suspected and the “Die Glocke” is out there somewhere.

:smoke:

Post subject: re: jc's fired up 2
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:08 pm 

kapt.kiirk wrote:
He smoke two joints in the evening.....
he smoked 2 joints in the afternoon

. . . . . . . . . . . wwjs ¿

Last edited by slime.oofytv.set on Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:27 pm 

SLIME.OOFYTV.SET wrote:
Kapt.Kirk wrote:
He smoke two joints in the evening.....
he smoked 2 joints in the afternoon

. . . . . . . . . . . wwjs ¿

WWJS?...Don't bogart that joint,my lord...pass it over to me.
Roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooll another one,just like the other one.

And then he smoke two more. :wink: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:02 pm 

and another definition: Love is caring about another being in a way that enhances their survival.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:25 pm 

and there you have it folks. survival. Are we all here still in survival mode? must we come from our reptilian brain stem all the time. How about loving someone cause you like their personality and they got a sweet body to boot. Can we love who we want to love? or is that not survival enough? I am not a buddhist monk nor do aspire to be. i just want a little strange from time to time and the occasional threeway. I don't want much i just want a little bit. jealousy is a survival trait. it's all a matter of attitude and yes the morals from 2000 yrs ago are not the same as today. it's a soapbox derby

http://thesurfonics.com/index.html

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:56 pm 

muziko wrote:

Which puts me and Richard Dawkins in the category of "chickenshit"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religio ... exist.html
definition atheist: somebody who thinks he knows it all...

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:03 pm 

I was told by a friend today that she partied* with Mark Volman at a concert.Flo & Eddie opened for Steven Stills and Mark stuck his head out from the side,where they were dancing,and asked her and a friend if they wanted to go back and party.She said hell yes,and went for it.She said Steven Stills sucked anyway.I said,"you must of sucked too!" We both laughed at that one.She said Mark was a real sweet guy and was very fun to hang with on the bus.She said she saw him again a few years later,and he remembered her.....very well. (she apparently has patient pending on her style of BJ) (and no we haven't) :mrgreen:
So anyone know if Frank did the same sorta thing? You know,haaaay,how Uuuu doooooin'? Wanna see my woodshed,darlin'?
How about any of the other Mother lovers? Is there a who's who web site for who loved the other Mothers? Anyone know the "infidelity" stats on FZ & The Mother's? :mrgreen:
Like OMG,TMZ is D best for gossip!

* Back in the 70's.She said it was OK to share this.Just be nice.She's quite a charactor today and I can only imagine what she was like as an 18-25 yrs old.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:30 pm 

Yes, enhancing the survival of the sacred "other" is an act of giving, and part of what we understand as love.

Stereotyping Atheists as "Know it alls", is accurate to me, but really rather mean. if we give them credit for their superior vantage point, they will err. So, should we kick them when they are up, or kick them when they are down? By annoying them, we may save their soul from hell.

Seems like I have heard this before, "I don't ask for much, but Lord, take me downtown, I'm just looking for some tush". Hey, if I can't have fun all the time, then why should I let others? But, whether I let others, you know, what they are going to be up to. Maybe I should just join them. But, when I am ready to join, watch them get all high and mighty, and moralistic. Most of the people who complain about fornication, do so, because they didn't get any, so try to be nice, and ignore them.

Mr. K.K., Where are these groupies whose claim to fame is making "love", with these big rock stars, when they are sick, and dying? We should organize these nymphs into prayer groups, to save these poor scoundrels. I have thought of contributing to an old folks home for aging hippies, and rock stars, but I think they would spend the good money on weed.

As I understand, the goal is love, and the means to the end are the same. The end does not justify the means. Love is never meant to be justified, the world appears to be justified. To end death, and the loss of great talents, and personalities, we need to care. Care does not involve work, because if it did, no one would.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:10 pm 

Pray? I'd hire the Cheiftans before I'd go to prayin'.AIDS? Who plooked the monkey? Money? Yes! Pot? Yes! Send good* money? Ya lost me there. :(

*Assigning souls to money? :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:49 pm 

Kaptain, I believe you are giving, and, when, and if called, would be more than willing to give of time, life, or money.

Better than giving, is being honest about not giving.

Going onto another topic, is the death of Adam from the Beastie Boys. This is sad, because I note, that we do loose great talented people, not that our works can save us, but that the love we have felt within, and responded to, saves. I respond to music. Why should I be outraged at the loss of strangers, who I only knew from radio, and TV? Because they are part of how I understand the identity of God.

The suicide of the football player is another significant loss. Did you know, more military suicides have taken life, than people on the Afghan, and Iraq, battlefields? So why does this happen? We don't see within the heart in time. Yes, we can try harder, and be more conscientious and caring. Our families and friends depend on this. No matter how much of a low life, moral reprobate, or degenerate ( a particular friend or relative) is, we are still responsible for them, and can suffer quite a bit of guilt. But remember, we are trying to diminish guilt, not increase it.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:02 pm 

Ok........? I'm glad you got that straight. :|

....and on to another topic,

Lets talk about leather!? :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:48 pm 

Kaptain, keep California rockin' for me, I lived in Santa Barbara for 6 months in 1976, and loved it. Life was very good. I wouldn't mind repeating that. My lifestyle could not have been much better, part-time hostessing in a nice restaurant, and ballet classes in the morning.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:23 pm 

donalynette wrote:
Stereotyping Atheists as "Know it alls", is accurate to me

Those Jesus Freaks
Well, they're friendly but
The shit they believe
Has got their minds all shut
An' they don't even care
When the church takes a cut
Ain't it bleak when you got so much nothin'

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:33 pm 

donalynette wrote:
Kaptain, keep California rockin' for me, I lived in Santa Barbara for 6 months in 1976, and loved it. Life was very good. I wouldn't mind repeating that. My lifestyle could not have been much better, part-time hostessing in a nice restaurant, and ballet classes in the morning.

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
The meek shall inherit nothin',
So I whipped off her bloomers and stiffend my thumb,
(show me your thumb if your really dumb)
And applied rotation on her sugar plum.
You might pretend you don't have one on the bottom of you,
But ladies you can be an asshole too!
Bend over and spread 'em,
Here come's my bullets!
(rt. by the sceaming incenced stinkture)
Opel,you hot little bitch!
Where's my waitress?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next