Zappa.com

The Official Frank Zappa Messageboards
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Frank's infidelity
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:26 am 

Why has a thread about Frank's infidelity turned into Beautiful, It's God, I see God thread?

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:10 am 

It was Frank's job to score pussy for all his nerd fans that weren't gettin' any.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:59 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:
Why has a thread about Frank's infidelity turned into Beautiful, It's God, I see God thread?

Unsuccessfully coping with the natural beauty of infidelity?

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:16 am 

Mr_Green_Genes wrote:

It was donalynette with small encouragement from KAPT. KIIRK and, I'm afraid, large encouragement from me; in my defense, I have to say I dislike moral judgements on other people's private behaviour as long as it doesn't break the law. Up until now, this thread sounded a lot like Miles's moral posturings. Now it sounds like the Vicar of Dibleigh meets Diogenes.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:20 am 

Oh, so now I'm to blame?

Caputh, that is good, you dislike moral judgements on others, especially their personal sexual experiences, but, moral judgements are made in the world, and society. Just a few months ago, Troy Davis was executed right near by me in the State of Georgia, for the supposed shooting of a white police officer. over 100,000 people grouped together to protest, but, the establishment demanded some blood sacrifice for the family of the deceased, and Troy was the scapegoat.

Can you see a moral judgement or intelligent mind behind the deaths of certain peoples? Frank Zappa had prostate cancer, is this considered a "natural cause"? How about Adam of the Beastie Boys? Tim Buckley of heroine, Jeff Buckley of drowning?

Regardless of the fine etiquette of judgment, people die. Is fornication right or wrong? Yes, that is, a leading question. Was the death of Frank Zappa a subliminal conscious decision of the powers that be? Was his death in any way related to promiscuity? Is there a way to prevent death? Are we smoothing things over by justifying tragedy?

Katain Kirk, Did any one tell you don't get nasty, so you did? No, women will never top men in asshole behavior. However, we will learn how to survive, regardless. Try to have a nice day, and stop acting so insecure.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:47 am 

donalynette wrote:
Oh, so now I'm to blame?

Caputh, that is good, you dislike moral judgements on others, especially their personal sexual experiences, but, moral judgements are made in the world, and society. Just a few months ago, Troy Davis was executed right near by me in the State of Georgia, for the supposed shooting of a white police officer. over 100,000 people grouped together to protest, but, the establishment demanded some blood sacrifice for the family of the deceased, and Troy was the scapegoat.

Can you see a moral judgement or intelligent mind behind the deaths of certain peoples? Frank Zappa had prostate cancer, is this considered a "natural cause"? How about Adam of the Beastie Boys? Tim Buckley of heroine, Jeff Buckley of drowning?

Regardless of the fine etiquette of judgment, people die. Is fornication right or wrong? Yes, that is, a leading question. Was the death of Frank Zappa a subliminal conscious decision of the powers that be? Was his death in any way related to promiscuity? Is there a way to prevent death? Are we smoothing things over by justifying tragedy?

Katain Kirk, Did any one tell you don't get nasty, so you did? No, women will never top men in asshole behavior. However, we will learn how to survive, regardless. Try to have a nice day, and stop acting so insecure.

Let's meander aimlessly through a few more topics while not saying much. Do you have a point...or just more questions?

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:00 pm 

Ok don't crucify me for thinking out loud....but I always wondered if Frank actually may have contracted aids, since it was always assumed by most that he was doing the pussy gobble while touring and that has been pretty much confirmed. Some of his most productive years of getting some would have been during ’83 & ’84, when he tour extensively, this was when aids really got a foot hold with sexually active people. He started a having problems soon after and the prostate cancer would be a perfect opportunistic disease to get you. Just thinking…

:smoke:

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:13 pm 

Plook wrote:
Ok don't crucify me for thinking out loud....but I always wondered if Frank actually may have contracted aids, since it was always assumed by most that he was doing the pussy gobble while touring and that has been pretty much confirmed. Some of his most productive years of getting some would have been during ’83 & ’84, when he tour extensively, this was when aids really got a foot hold with sexually active people. He started a having problems soon after and the prostate cancer would be a perfect opportunistic disease to get you. Just thinking…

Oh boy! So ya think maybe they sent in an attractive dyke,with full blown AIDS (bleeding gums) to give FZ a rough blow job,(a little scratch should do),and then it's on to the next reprobate,ect,ect..Sounds like a sound theory to me.That would make it a contracted affair,either way. :mrgreen:
Oh! Maybe it was payback for that song he wrote about the gays.You know the one,He's so Gay or maybe they hate Bobby Brown,when they should accept him as one of they're own! Isn't that what the GLS&T are all about?
Plook,were did you get the most productive years for FZ to have sex in from? An old tour book? Haha! I wanna see a pie chart! :mrgreen:

One thing about Frank.You don't hear of anyone claiming to be his illegitimate kid,when every cockstar at that time had oodles of claims filed against them.I guess Frank was composing,attending to biz,and didn't have that much time for recreational fun.Last time he took a vacation he came back with NMB.Just sayin... :wink:

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:27 pm 

calvin2hikers wrote:
donalynette wrote:
Oh, so now I'm to blame.

Let's meander aimlessly through a few more topics while not saying much. Do you have a point...or just more questions?

Why am I here.What is life.I need a god.Is it the right god? Can you have sex without god knowing? I like rockstars and read their bios.Do you know Vinnie.I can come over,maybe I will,...but then again on the other hand I might just hop back on and ride like a cowboy,into the dawn of Montana......Tony Montana!
Short answer Donalynette: Yep.
Cal: Nope and affraid so.
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:37 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:

Oh boy! So ya think maybe they sent in an attractive dyke,with full blown AIDS (bleeding gums) to give FZ a rough blow job,(a little scratch should do),and then it's on to the next reprobate,ect,ect..Sounds like a sound theory to me.That would make it a contracted affair,either way. :mrgreen:
Oh! Maybe it was payback for that song he wrote about the gays.You know the one,He's so Gay or maybe they hate Bobby Brown,when they should accept him as one of they're own! Isn't that what the GLS&T are all about?
Plook,were did you get the most productive years for FZ to have sex in from? An old tour book? Haha! I wanna see a pie chart! :mrgreen:

One thing about Frank.You don't hear of anyone claiming to be his illegitimate kid,when every cockstar at that time had oodles of claims filed against them.I guess Frank was composing,attending to biz,and didn't have that much time for recreational fun.Last time he took a vacation he came back with NMB.Just sayin... :wink:

Excuse me but aids is not exclusive to gays and a lot of heterosexual women have contracted it from heterosexual males, lets not forget the early 80's were the breakout years for bisexual activity and the Typhoid Mary of the Aids epidemic was a Bi sexual airline attendant who was a carrier who did not exhibit symptoms for many years. Frank easily could have contracted it in the early to mid 80's from any of the many young sweet things he knew and not known it much less ever been tested for it, since it was recognized as a gay cancer since it spread in that community first.

I'm surprised with you Kapt. coming off all right wing gay cancer on aids... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:24 pm 

For some reason, I doubt FZ had Aides, more probably, syphilis, and gonorea (sp?). I don't think Aides, and cancer are necessarily related. Seems I read that he waited an unusually long time before getting treatment for cancer. That is my concern, that is my question, why did he wait, and what were his reasons? Heavy.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:55 pm 

muziko wrote:
and there you have it folks. survival. Are we all here still in survival mode? must we come from our reptilian brain stem all the time. How about loving someone cause you like their personality and they got a sweet body to boot. Can we love who we want to love? or is that not survival enough? I am not a buddhist monk nor do aspire to be. i just want a little strange from time to time and the occasional threeway. I don't want much i just want a little bit. jealousy is a survival trait. it's all a matter of attitude and yes the morals from 2000 yrs ago are not the same as today. it's a soapbox derby

Jealousy? Morals? You are assuming that by love I mean sex - I don't.

I was going for something broader that includes not only partners, but our kids etc.

'Love is caring about another person in a way that enhances their survival' works for 'I love my children', as much as for 'I love my girlfriend/wife' - and definitely does not make any comment/judgement one way or the other about the morality of who fucks who.

...and if you are saying 'survival' only applied BC - we are all, despite our plethora of modern western treats, hoping to survive, (and thrive). I would think most of us would hope to survive longer than 52 yrs, for example.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:33 pm 

Plook wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
Plook wrote:

Excuse me but aids is not exclusive to gays and a lot of heterosexual women have contracted it from heterosexual males, lets not forget the early 80's were the breakout years for bisexual activity and the Typhoid Mary of the Aids epidemic was a Bi sexual airline attendant who was a carrier who did not exhibit symptoms for many years. Frank easily could have contracted it in the early to mid 80's from any of the many young sweet things he knew and not known it much less ever been tested for it, since it was recognized as a gay cancer since it spread in that community first.

I'm surprised with you Kapt. coming off all right wing gay cancer on aids... :smoke:

I never mentioned cancer and I give $$'s for AIDS research,because it ain't over 'till it's over! I was jumping on that crazy conspiracy bus of yours.I thought that's what you were shooting for!?! You do love a good conspiracy theory don't you? Stop assuming and remember who your talkin too,bro' and where's that pie chart of sex!?! You do know who the GLS&T people are,don't you?
Now who's crucifying who for playing along with you? :?

BTW,I was at the RP rally last night.He's a republican.Do you think something might have rubbed off on me??? Yikes! To the decontamination chamber quick!* :wink:

* This is a joke and in no way insults the fucking rebublicans,democats or independants! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:56 pm 

Quote:

The illegitamate kid is one worth thinking about . If Frank was a promiscous as everyone thinks, there could be a good chance theres long haired big nosed guitar playing dudes/dudettes with an unexplainable urge to make freaky music, all over the world just waiting for to be united together. Imagine what a tribute band they could make .

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:13 pm 

tupong wrote:
Quote:

The illegitamate kid is one worth thinking about . If Frank was a promiscous as everyone thinks, there could be a good chance theres long haired big nosed guitar playing dudes/dudettes with an unexplainable urge to make freaky music, all over the world just waiting for to be united together. Imagine what a tribute band they could make .

....and won't it be ironic,when they get a cease & desist order from the ZFT if they did! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:45 pm 

Is this Snob Hill or what? Who cares who your father is? We are here to develop character, and integrity. It would be rather unusual if there were no other little Zappas' running around out there. I have heard Arnold Schwartzenegger has quite a few that have not been brought to light. Good for him, he was handsome and studdly, that's just how nature planned it. I feel worse for Mia Farrow, and the Woody Allen escapade, than for Maria.

"Friend of the Devil is a friend of mine,..."
"First one says she got my child but it don't look like me,..."

Kaptain, That is so cute: "Does God watch us when we have sex?" You do ask some right-on questions.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:05 pm 

donalynette wrote:
Is this Snob Hill or what? Who cares who your father is? We are here to develop character, and integrity. It would be rather unusual if there were no other little Zappas' running around out there. I have heard Arnold Schwartzenegger has quite a few that have not been brought to light. Good for him, he was handsome and studdly, that's just how nature planned it. I feel worse for Mia Farrow, and the Woody Allen escapade, than for Maria.

Kaptain, That is so cute: "Does God watch us when we have sex?" You do ask some right-on questions.

Aw,shucks mam.Just pluckin' the ol mental floss. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:45 am 

donalynette wrote:

1.) Don't get your panties in a bunch, we are not snobs (I have met the Kapt. trust me on this one)...we are having fun playing around.
2.) I agree Character & Integrity are two missing ingredients in most people these days.
3.) Arnolds studdlyness owes a larger part to modern medicine than nature.
4.) Would you deny Woody and young Soon-Yi Previn, she wasn't his daughter or adopted daughter, she was 20 years old when they started up, and they have now been married for over 15 years, I thought every one agreed consenting adults could do what they want. I would not have a transgression such as that I don't believe, but I do think they are adults who can do as they please.
5.) That second line of that qoute is from the Maurey Episode 5 women 7 children and 1 man to test...
6.) Kap made it back on the charts.

:mrgreen:

Stay thirsty my friend... :smoke:

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:15 pm 

I thought I got that from the Grateful Dead.

"A friend of the devil is a friend of mine"; at least this guy has a friend. I think the sentence is significant, and has lots of meaning, Friendship is much preferable to hatred (Love not he world, friendship with the world, is at enmity with God). However you interpret messages, stick with love, because it can get complicated.

I think that is nice, that you are so broadminded, I hope someday to be more open minded, too.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 1:40 pm 

donalynette wrote:

I think that is nice, that you are so broadminded,* I hope someday to be more open minded, too.**

*Plook minds the broads,he has to,he's outnumbered at home 4 to 1! :wink:

** Open wide,fer sure,fer sure! ~ F & MZ :mrgreen:

The song "Friend of the Devil" has been a Grateful Dead staple for years.I believe it was first on the American Beauty album,although it's on alot of live TAPES and is on the Dead Live!***,album also.

***If that is even an official release.Hard to tell with The Dead

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:58 pm 

KAPT.KIIRK wrote:
The song "Friend of the Devil" has been a Grateful Dead staple for years.I believe it was first on the American Beauty album,although it's on alot of live TAPES and is on the Dead Live!***,album also.

I think pretty much every taping was approved by the Dead. Microphones clustered like saplings finding the sun around the sound stage at any show I went to. Made sense as you got the best sound balance typically the closer you were to the sound guy. And then there were always the semi-mythical recordings right off the board. Those guys sure knew (know) their sound.

Miasma!

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:09 pm 

When the words come out like an angry stream
you hear yourself say things you could never mean
when the heat cools down and you find your mind
you've got a lot of words you've gotta stand behind

~Comes A Time, Garcia/Hunter (discarded second verse)

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:24 pm 

It's a wonder tall trees ain't layin' down.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:26 pm 

I saw the Grateful Dead at Georgetown University, back around 1970-71. Loved it, but, I don't remember much, I was quite stoned, and just appreciating the atmosphere, and/or spirit of the times. My current boyfriend (then) took me, with his sister, and neighbors.

Now, here is how I categorize genius. Jerry Garcia linked two words together, and I thought, how beautiful! SUGAR- MAGNOLIA. The magnolias are blooming here, along with the gardenias.

Another line from "Truckin'" "Well, if you got a warrant, I guess I gotta come in". Brilliant reasoning! I like intelligent men. (Is there such a thing?) :wink:

I like Little Feat and their "Willin'", too. "I've driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the back roads so I wouldn't get weighed,..." (I think that is an exageration though, I don't think he has driven every kind of rig that has ever been made, maybe quite a few, but, not every.)

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:27 pm 

Sam I Am wrote:
KAPT.KIIRK wrote:

I think pretty much every taping was approved by the Dead. Microphones clustered like saplings finding the sun around the sound stage at any show I went to. Made sense as you got the best sound balance typically the closer you were to the sound guy. And then there were always the semi-mythical recordings right off the board. Those guys sure knew (know) their sound.

Thats why I like sitting next to GW,with DZpZ.Good sound and you can always sit! :wink:
Yes to all the above Dead stuff and I went to a Further concert in SF last year and didn't see anymore mic's (saplings) in a cluster.Must be all these easy I-phone recordings 'er sumtin'.I do see stuff up that sounds ok on youtube,but there's alot of real lousey one's to sift though with them.imo

calvin2hikers wrote:
It's a wonder tall trees ain't layin' down.

Exactly,it's becoming a lazy mans sport with all the new apps and gadgets,you can do it from any seat.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next